CUE Update Status - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Update Status in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I took my XTS in a couple of weeks ago for some updates. When I got it back, the safety ...
    Razlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Re: CUE Update Status

I took my XTS in a couple of weeks ago for some updates. When I got it back, the safety alert seat was no longer working, just the audible alert. I went in to the CUE Collision Avoidance menu and there was no option to choose alert type. I just picked the car up from the major CUE update (along with the $50 gift card and full tank of gas) and still no safety alert seat. I talked to the owner of the dealer, they checked two other XTSs they had done the update on and same thing. The ability to turn on the seat alert is gone. Anybody else experienced this?

Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo

Got my ATS back last night. Got in the car, listened to the new CUE sound, kinda neat. Re-paired my iPhone, summoned Siri for directions home and ....... it worked! Then connected the phone via USB and without any delay tapped the CUE voice command and the voice politely (and quickly) asked for my command. I said "Play 2112 by Rush" ... (now at this point the old CUE would wax on poetic about devices initializing and content on that device isn't available blah blah blah) the new CUE, well it said "Play 2112 is that correct? Yes! Yes it is! The the audio system jumps to life.....Whooooshhh (you'd get that last part if you knew 2112). Oh CUE, you are amazing again. The scrolling is actually usable, and I haven't tried any of the swiping to the DIC, but I KNOW my old software never did it. I watched videos, read manuals, and i was never ever to replicate it.

Got my tank filled, a $50 gift card, an extremely nice service manager who apologized in person to me (that wasn't really needed, but it was kinda nice) and pretty much a guarantee that I will consider another Cadillac in the future (but hopefully sooner than 2112).

My extremely short list at this point would be:

1) Siri-Eyesfree support with CUE voice command button (maybe a long press like Siri)
    2) GM App Store Icon. (Is this ever going to happen??) so we can get more Apps!

kimobu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS Premium

I got my update yesterday. The responsiveness is way better, but I could do without the new start up tone.

I didn't get a gift card, or a full gas tank. I was even a good guy and filled up the loaner they gave me. Oh well.

Sir CussFreq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Raven Black ATS

Just got my ATS back yesterday after getting the CUE update and a few other minor fixes! So far so good, though there is one annoyance that I'd like to report:

When listening to Pandora, if I click over to the Climate Controls (to press Sync, for instance), and then go back to the Audio display, it interrupts my Pandora stream and switches to FM. I have to browse back to Pandora to resume listening (thankfully I have a favorite saved, so I can just hit that button). When you click over to the Audio controls, it shouldn't change what you're listening to.

My XM subscription just expired, so I wasn't able to test if it was a Pandora thing or if it would always go back to FM no matter what source I was on, but I did replicate the behavior several times with Pandora. I haven't tried reconnecting my iPod yet as my understanding is that the indexing has not yet been fixed.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

just FYI you can call the Cadillac Infotainment Team @ (855)4CUE-NOW (855-428-3669)

these types of 'bugs' and quirks are best reported to that team so that they can log the record of your complain and investigate and begin to work on these issues

the CIT can help with anything from the simple stuff that is (and isn't) covered in the CUE manual to the complex stuff like this

and that phone number is in your CUE manual also in case you forget it
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir CussFreq View Post
    Just got my ATS back yesterday after getting the CUE update and a few other minor fixes! So far so good, though there is one annoyance that I'd like to report:

When listening to Pandora, if I click over to the Climate Controls (to press Sync, for instance), and then go back to the Audio display, it interrupts my Pandora stream and switches to FM. I have to browse back to Pandora to resume listening (thankfully I have a favorite saved, so I can just hit that button). When you click over to the Audio controls, it shouldn't change what you're listening to.

My XM subscription just expired, so I wasn't able to test if it was a Pandora thing or if it would always go back to FM no matter what source I was on, but I did replicate the behavior several times with Pandora. I haven't tried reconnecting my iPod yet as my understanding is that the indexing has not yet been fixed.
    I believe the new software intended Pandora to be out of the audio page, and be accessed only by it's direct app link. I have a Pandora link at the top and always hit that, prior to the update, yes, hitting the audio screen would keep Pandora open. To me the new way makes more sense, as more radio apps become common they're not exactly native audio to Cue, but an additional app that you access with their individual links. This is my thoughts anyway.

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

Dropped my car off today for the cue upgrade and was provided with following documents of the service updates being performed:

Document id 3291519 #12293 cue system update
    Document id 3291720 #13004 front mounted speaker Buzz
    Document id 3287531 #12265 radio volume increase
    Document id 3287431 #12250 product enhancements interior trim (inspect/repair interior trim)

They are keeping my car for a day or two as they had to order a module of some kind. Meanwhile I was
    provided with an XTS premium that had the upgrade and noticed a few of the changes immediately.
    Very nice! I won't go into detail because many of the changes have already been mentioned previously.
    I will say that letters will be mailed to involved customers in phases and the program is in effect until
    March 31st 2015.

I was also informed that the dealership was authorized to fill my tank with up to 15 gallons of fuel and provide me with a $50.00 gift card of some kind.

Sir CussFreq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Raven Black ATS

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    I believe the new software intended Pandora to be out of the audio page, and be accessed only by it's direct app link. I have a Pandora link at the top and always hit that, prior to the update, yes, hitting the audio screen would keep Pandora open. To me the new way makes more sense, as more radio apps become common they're not exactly native audio to Cue, but an additional app that you access with their individual links. This is my thoughts anyway.
    If it's an audio application, why would you want it to change your source when you select the Audio page? Are you saying I need to add Pandora as a separate icon in the quicklaunch bar across the top? That would be pretty crappy... If I add several audio apps (ipod, grooveshark, spotify, pandora, soundcloud, etc), with your line of thinking I'd have to add all those icons individually, and clutter up my screen.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

bungee91 in his thread http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ons-march.html listed the Software Version for his ATS as 23150273 after the big CUE update. Can someone with that update for an XTS confirm that she/he has the same version number or report otherwise, given I read on this forum that the CUE systems for the three different Cars with CUE may not identical. Thanks.

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

According to my cue update document on page 9 of 17 it states:

To ensure the software update was successful, review the main menu symbols and check that the climate control symbol includes a snowflake. Next from the home page, press settings>software information and
    check the current software part number. If part number 23150273 for navigation vehicles or 23150271 for non-navigation vehicles, the update was successful.

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I had my CUE update today. Everything works great. The dealer forgot to wash the car and fill the tank and when I asked about the gift card he said he thought it would be coming in the mail. They were very apologetic about forgetting the wash and fill and took care of it right away. I'm wondering if others got the gift card from the dealer or not. The improvements are very nice and the dealer did them all correctly. Does anyone know if the Iphone 5 is supposed to work with CUE to read text messages or is that only on windows phones?

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by jeffpaletz View Post
    I'm wondering if others got the gift card from the dealer or not.
    I got my gift card from the dealer when I picked the car up and had to sign something saying I got it. Dealer also washed and detailed my car. They topped off the gas but it already at 3/4 tank so it wasn't that much gas.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Sir CussFreq View Post
    If it's an audio application, why would you want it to change your source when you select the Audio page? Are you saying I need to add Pandora as a separate icon in the quicklaunch bar across the top? That would be pretty crappy... If I add several audio apps (ipod, grooveshark, spotify, pandora, soundcloud, etc), with your line of thinking I'd have to add all those icons individually, and clutter up my screen.
    I'm not saying it's the perfect solution, but I also can't deny their thinking if that's the case. Keep in mind prior to the update when Pandora continued playing in the audio screen, it wasn't a toggle-able selection if you pressed either radio or media multiple times, so in my mind it was never really meant to work the way it did. Yes, I have a dedicated Pandora link at the top of my screen.
    I'd love to get some feedback directly from Codeman, or someone from the team, however I would still think it's intentional.

AZCADATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by jeffpaletz View Post
    I had my CUE update today. Everything works great. The dealer forgot to wash the car and fill the tank and when I asked about the gift card he said he thought it would be coming in the mail. They were very apologetic about forgetting the wash and fill and took care of it right away. I'm wondering if others got the gift card from the dealer or not. The improvements are very nice and the dealer did them all correctly. Does anyone know if the Iphone 5 is supposed to work with CUE to read text messages or is that only on windows phones?
    I did not receive any compensation from my dealer, and I"ve read here were many have. In all fairness to them, I called them up last month to see if the update was ready, and they said they just got the update and I was the first to have it installed. So perhaps they were not yet aware of the gift card and full tank of gas. Now I'm wondering if I should give them a call to find out, or wait and see if I receive anything in the mail.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by AZCADATS View Post
    I did not receive any compensation from my dealer, and I"ve read here were many have. In all fairness to them, I called them up last month to see if the update was ready, and they said they just got the update and I was the first to have it installed. So perhaps they were not yet aware of the gift card and full tank of gas. Now I'm wondering if I should give them a call to find out, or wait and see if I receive anything in the mail.
    AZCADATS, if you're concerned, then I do want to recommend contacting your dealership for further assistance. Thank you for reporting your experience so far, and I hope you'll keep us in the loop!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.