CUE Update Status - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Update Status in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I haven't received any notification for the CUE update and wondered if I might have the latest version when my ...
    jeffroeson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Metallic Silver, 2.0L Turbo, Performance, Morello Red

Re: CUE Update Status

I haven't received any notification for the CUE update and wondered if I might have the latest version when my ATS was built on Feb 11? What are the latest Software Version, Gracenote & Map numbers with this update to compare mine to?

Thanks.

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Service Manager said that for cars that were 'fully equipped' the CUE update did mess up the AC settings. Dropped it back off today and its supposed to be ready by Monday. I have expressed my frustration and he is trying to come up with a way to appease me.
    Johnfran and Johnfran like this.

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

So happy to hear about this AC issue prior to bringing my SRX in for the update on Monday.

I am anticipating that I will be meeting one of the executives from the CUE team at my dealership when the update is done. They have shown an exceptional amount of concern that all my previous problems with CUE have been addressed. From what I am gathering, they want to make certain my update is done correctly.

I will certainly bring up the issue of the AC problems that are happening with the update, if they are not aware of that already.

If anyone is having any other issues post update, please let me know by Monday and I will be happy to bring it to their attention.

JWLaRue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Hopefully this might help shed some light on identifying the problem....

I have a Galaxy S2 with AT&T service. There are slightly more than 100 contacts in my list and I do not have the same experience that you are seeing. I do not have any music on the phone. My music is on an iPod Nano that remains connected to the vehicle.

-Jeff

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Recently built ATSs, such as those built in early February, already have the update. One can tell because the weather and climate icons look different from before, or what's on the iPad. My car, which arrived at the dealership on Feb 18, has the update already. It was the first one the dealership had seen.

inspectorudy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I dropped of the SRX this morning and they gave me an ATS as a loaner car. It looks just like the CUE model but isn't CUE. Man they could have used a few of this car's controls plus CUE and they would have had a better combo. I'll see if there is an improvement in my car tomorrow and let you know about it. On the non-CUE model the center console is identical to ours but the AC controls are like ours but there is no big screen to look at and the radio favorite is selectable and the tune and volume are fixed knobs and they have the same steering wheel controls we have. They do not take up any space and instantly findable when you need them. I'm happy with the CUE controls now that I am familiar with them but it seems they went out of their way to make things a little more complex than necessary.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

So... I just got back from picking up my XTS from the QUE update installation. I had been keeping up with my recalls so i expected that my update would be quick, however... GM just issued 5, yes that is correct, 5 additional recalls, so my update took the entire 24 hour period. To be honest, my dealer was actually able to do all of the recalls, but one (which is just some minor trim parts for the seat rails), the CUE update and my 7K service all within the 24 hours (they did have my vehicle over the weekend, but the total time for the repairs was only 24 hours). I have seen people commenting on whether or not they are replacing any of the hardware. In my case, the answer was yes. One of the recalls was to replace the entire center stack module. All of my settings were maintained except; 1) the vehicle address book entries (I only had 2 so no big deal), 2) I had saved some tone settings as favorites and they did not transfer, 3) I had to re-pair all my bluetooth devices and 4) I had to re-add to the quick pick list at the top of the display the Pandora app that I had added. Other than that, everything else was saved. I have played with the system somewhat, and what I can tell you is that the performance is MUCH improved. It is like if you add a significant amount of memory to a computer or upgrade your display card, the performance difference is noticeable. In addition, the haptic response is much more subtle, no more THUD, when you select an item. They screens scroll much more smoothly. I also noticed that the NAV display seems to display the vehicle progress much more rapidly. I will do some additional testing with the NAV and iPod responsiveness and let you know what I find. Oh yes, i almost forgot... Full tank of gas, $50 Visa gift card and a nice exterior/interior clean. I love my dealer (Tim and Cliff at McKenney).

unclemoose is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD Performance - Radiant Silver Metallic
    I brought my ATS (2.0T RWD Manual Standard Trim, build 12/24/12) in for my CUE update and turbo to exhaust manifold campaign today. It took about 8 hours. They said they installed a new center stack and installed the update. I've had the car for two months now and I have to say the update is great. Everything from the new voice, quicker response, quicker synching, shorter prompts and less aggressive haptic touch is great. The service was excellent at Jim Riehl and the full tank of gas, concierge service, loaner and gift card were awesome. Thank you GM and Cadillac.

Sweetness is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I find it very strange no one is providing us with documentation of improvements and how to use new features.

I just got my update done today. When I asked sales and my service guys no one could tell me what changed. I had to sit in the parking lot and play with the CUE to try and see what was different.

The biggest thing I found is that Siri now works through the speaker system in the car. Still have to hit the home button on the iPhone to start communication, but if you can keep up with the prompts it works pretty darn well. I found voice messaging really a joy to use. It can be frustrating to learn the quirks, buy WOW what a useful tool. Super Cool!

Also everything moves faster and the scroll bars move up and down to the touch on the screen. Very nice improvement. No more hands free command needed for incoming calls.

That's all I could find for now. But I know there is more.

My XTS Platinum is just 2 1/2 weeks old, yet they also changed out the memory seat module. Got my gas tank filled, car washed (even though it was raining), and $50 gift card. Well done Cadillac - except for documentation about what you updated. Why the big secret.

Yes, I agree. Maybe codeman can help. Is there somewhere that lists all the fixes/changes that this update addresses?

UPDATE

I just checked on cadillac.com and the old PDF's (and the old screen shots) are still posted.

Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo

Maybe the iPad App is updated to show the updates?

Just checked, it is not...

inspectorudy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I got my car back today from the update and it is really different than the car I took in. Now for the first time the favorites works the way most of yours has worked all along but mine didn't. There are a lot of subtle changes but not any that will knock your socks off. There is a little NAV icon that stays on the top of the screen as long as the temp menu at the bottom does. In the NAV icon there is now a compass readout that changes with your heading.Also now when you do not have many devices plugged into you system when you select "Media" it does not give you a long list to scroll through but instead says no devices available or some such phrase. The touch screen seems to be more sensitive and responsive than before. The lady showed me how to slide a music selection on the screen over to the DIC screen but I cannot remember hos she did it. They washed and vacuumed my car, filled it up and gave me a $50 gift certificate. I think GM is serious about getting this issue put to rest and it seems to be working. The voice response has been made a little simpler and CUTIE seems to have softened her voice a little as well as her prompts. BTW you will have lost your phone parings but all you have to do is to delete the old Cadillac CUE connection on your phone and then re-install it. They also saved all of my musical favorites but any addresses will have to be entered. On the way home from the dealer's I called OnStar and they re-entered all of them for me. You do have to go to "GO" on each one as it is installed by OnStar to lock it in as a favorite and then call them again for a new address. I hope you all have as much good luck as I have with my upgrade.

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

sounds like most of your issues have been resolved rudy

keep up the critiques ... that's how they'll improve
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

goddesspt2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Crystal Red/Ebony SRX Premium

Hello,
    This is my first Cadillac and I have loved the car including the wonderful CUE system. Unfortunately, my first service experience at the dealership was not ideal. I made my initial appointment to take in my car for the CUE update on Friday at 7 am. I was told it would take 2 hours to update. At 7:40, the advisor comes over and tells me that the guys who actually do the CUE update don't "roll in until 8 or 8:30." I was not offered a loaner car, only the shuttle ride home if I wanted to leave. At that point, I just decided to bring it in another day, which was today (made my appointment at 9). I was offered a loaner car this time. It took 6 hours for the update to be completed. When I called at the 5 hour mark to check on the status, I was told that it had about 20 minutes to complete and the technician had written down my presets in order to restore them. I did receive the Visa card and complimentary car wash and vacuum.

As far as the update went:

I had 41 items on my Favs and all but 7 were restored. What didn't restore was personal phone numbers and addresses that I had renamed, POI Category and Playlist names. My POI category of Book Stores now comes up with no bookstores nearby - so hopefully that will correct itself. Luckily, I took a picture of my favorites screen with my iPhone before giving up the car :P

I lost my seat and mirror memory settings - that was probably the biggest pain point.

It remembered my TuneSelect artist - U2

It lost the following settings: Auto Memory Recall, Easy Exit Driver, Reverse Tilt Mirror, Unlocked Door Anti-Lockout. Everything else it remembered fine.

The only difference (I think) under Settings was Number of Favorites Shown. I thought it had previously been # of Lines but now it's # of Favorites in increments of 5 up to the 60 total.

As mentioned previously, both the Climate and Nav icons are different. The Nav icon is different on the top menu that pops up when you hover over the CUE screen. It contains your compass heading (picture below) - very nice!!

Also mentioned by others, you have to re-pair any devices after deleting the device from your phone or iPad.

photo.JPG.jpeg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.