Found another CUE glitch - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Found another CUE glitch in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Great idea Mike! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will work....
    inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: Found another CUE glitch

Great idea Mike! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will work.

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    I might have an issue with my system. I have found several times that the touch screen simply does not respond for a minute or so in the middle of entering data. And then the total freeze I had on Sunday. Codeman is this something that you have encountered before and if so how do I get rid of it?
    That's a tricky one to try to diagnose remotely...it could be that the system is being overloaded with processing data. It could potentially be indexing a media device in the background, processing traffic/weather data, navigation route calculation which may cause slight delays in the responsiveness of the system. Do you know if you see this right after startup, or if it's after the system has been on for a while? Right at startup, it's like a computer where a lot of processes need to be started in the background and sometimes you can run into these delays, but the system should speed up shortly after startup after these boot processes have completed. It might be good to see if it continues after the next software update. If it doesn't seem to be connected to any of the things I've mentioned and still persists, maybe there is some hardware issue in your vehicle.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Grasso View Post
    Codeman,

I recently put a great "protective cover" on my iPad, it's made by a company that's local (Burbank) It's called Anti-Glare Screen by Power Support. They make them for Apple, quality is very good.

I was thinking of buying another piece, cutting it down and putting on the CUE, the stuff is amazing and doesn't show fingerprints. Will it work with our type of screens? Where are the "proximity" sensors? Will they be a problem?

Mike
    More than likely, it will work fine on the display since it uses the same capacitive touch sensing technology that an iPad uses, but I don't think we've designed it or tested it with one on there, so I'd verify that it could be removed if it ends up interfering. I would assume it would work like other covers where you could remove it fairly easily. The proximity sensors are below the chrome strip below the display. In the picture at the beginning of the thread, you can see the two "windows" below the display where the sensors are.

Mike Grasso is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Gray Flannel 2013 SRX Premium

It's done and works great. I had a bit of a struggle size wise since the CUE lower edge actually rounds up and out.
    I will pick up another piece and perfect it.
    But, as of now, it works great!

Mike

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

This looks like a great start for one of the GM after market suppliers to step up with pre-cut covers. It looks like all of the new Caddys will have CUE as well as the Buicks with some sort of BUE.

Mike Grasso is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Gray Flannel 2013 SRX Premium

Exactly, remember you heard it here! The anti-glare is a real nice feature.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.