CUE/ATS Personalization Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE/ATS Personalization Question in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I tried this question on the ATS forum but no one responded, maybe this is the better place to ask. ...
    jreihsen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

CUE/ATS Personalization Question

I tried this question on the ATS forum but no one responded, maybe this is the better place to ask.

I'm a little confused on the personalization. Can the CUE favorites be set separately for the two driver memory choices? Or is there just one favorites list for the vehicle?

For example, our old (04) CTS had two sets of radio/xm favorites, one for each driver. The choice was made by selection of the seat memory. I don't see how to do this on our ATS.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: CUE/ATS Personalization Question

No, the Favorites cannot be separately saved for different drivers. We got a lot of customer complaints from people who didn't understand that feature and were upset when the favorites were completely different all of a sudden. We're looking at ways at more reliably determining the driver and being able to offer this feature at some point.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Huh, so using a different fob was not a reasonable way to tell drivers apart? I mean the seat settings are different per fob, so why not the other settings? Maybe just a way to turn that feature off and on for those of us who actually understand how to use a feature like that!

jreihsen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts
    I guess I don't understand either. The driver just chooses which user he is and the infotainment system sets up his favorites and returns to his previously chosen media. We had that in our 04 CTS, and Ford has it in the Focus with MyFordTouch. Frankly it never occurred that the personalization functions would go away. I'm curious whether the 12 CTS has them.

I'm sorry Cody, but this, the CUE reliability issues and the indexing issues are pretty dissapointing.

Runch Machine is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium, 2013 SRX Premium

Cody, this and other functionality that people are asking for can all be offered by allowing a variety of options via menus. Default the options to what the less tech savy would want. Those that are more tech savy would then be able to change the defaults to what they want. You have a wonderful platform for those of us who want to be able to do a variety of things with the system but you've limited it so that it doesn't confuse some people.

My dealer offered all the help needed to explain the CUE system. I didn't need it but it's there if I want it. As you work to improve the demographics of the Cadillac buyer, CUE can play a huge roll if you let it. I'm 56 and the technology in the car was the reason I bought it. Generally speaking younger drivers want more tech in their cars. If this is the group you want to appeal to CUE is the way to do it.

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thanks for the positive feedback about CUE's effect on your purchase decision and the demographics issue. I agree that it can be a great customer draw for exactly the people that we are looking for Cadillac to attract. I do appreciate how vocal everyone is here because it just gives me that much more ammunition for fighting for the features that you guys want, rather than just overly-simplifying the system and making the assumption that nobody missed it anyway. Thanks!

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Runch Machine View Post
    Cody, <snipped> ...I'm 56 and the technology in the car was the reason I bought it. Generally speaking younger drivers want more tech in their cars. If this is the group you want to appeal to CUE is the way to do it.
    Agree as to "generally", thus there are exceptions and I am 22 years older than you and am not scared about tech, infact love it, notwithstanding that it sometimes is puzzling, LOL. see:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...brand-new.html

However, the "KISS" aspect needs also to be kept in mind although I agree with Cody as to avoiding "overly-simplifying the system".

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.