memory not saving setup -seat pos, htd sets and nav defaults
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, memory not saving setup -seat pos, htd sets and nav defaults in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; anyone else having issues with the defaults not being retained? -Heated sets set to come on at ignition - never ...
    katz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6 AWD Luxury ATS

memory not saving setup -seat pos, htd sets and nav defaults

anyone else having issues with the defaults not being retained?
    -Heated sets set to come on at ignition - never does, setting is checked
    -memory seats - sometimes does not go to preset postion, set manually
    -navigation - set to default 'heading up' put routinely defaults back to 'north up'

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

danscrim is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Re: memory not saving setup -seat pos, htd sets and nav defaults

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    anyone else having issues with the defaults not being retained?
    -Heated sets set to come on at ignition - never does, setting is checked
    -memory seats - sometimes does not go to preset postion, set manually
    -navigation - set to default 'heading up' put routinely defaults back to 'north up'
    - Heated seats: this has been covered on a few other threads on this forum (particularly in the ATS section). The light does not come on but the heated seats (at least the driver side) is on. It may not feel warm to the touch but that's because there was no weight in the seat to press the cushion against the heating coils. To test, sit in the car and remote start it. Wait 5 minutes and you'll feel the heated seats getting warm (even tho the light won't come on). Mine works just like this.

- Memory seats: I'm having this issue too. Many times for me it will get close to the position but it just doesn't get as close to the pedals as I had it set last time. Very weird... can't pin point exactly when/why it's happening.

- Navigation: Has only happened to me once but I was playing around with settings so I might have done something accidentally. Other than that one time, it has always stayed on 'Heading Up'

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

For the navigation setting, is it possibly due to the zoom scale you are using? When you have the map zoomed out to 5mi or higher, it is supposed to change to North Up to give you a better view of the map at that scale. If you zoom back in, it should go back to what you have it set to (heading up).

I'm not sure about the memory seats since that's not handled by the CUE system. For the heated seats, Dan is right that it is actually on, but without weight, it won't feel warm to the touch.

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

I also have had the case of the seat setting not being activated at some times. I figured it must be related to using OnStar to start the car and thus the car does not have a key fob to use as a basis for setting the seat?

Quote Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
    For the heated seats, Dan is right that it is actually on, but without weight, it won't feel warm to the touch.
    Cody, maybe you can tell us WHY the heated seats light does not come on during the remote start event, even though the heating turns on? Also, when you then get into the car and press START, why do the heated seats turn off? I am just curious as to the programming logic.

Thank you for your continued attention here.

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Unfortunately, I'm not sure why the lights don't illuminate during a remote start. There's a separate group that defines what lights should turn on and when for the climate control system. I'll see if I can find out from someone in the group. I had the same question the first few times I got in as well.

As far as continuing to heat, I'm guessing that's another policy that was chosen based on some history that I'm not aware of. Part of it could be energy efficiency to not continue to heat seats that aren't occupied. Another part could be people complaining that the heated seats were on but they never intended for them to be on. Not exactly sure but I'll see if I can find anything.

katz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6 AWD Luxury ATS

yes , seat gets really close to mem setting, but just a bit too far away and have to manually adjust, all other settings seem to be ok, just the front/back setting are off and inconsistent

heated seats - odd setup but you're probably right, also if you notice when you turn on the ignition when you get in the car, the heated seat lighting does flash quickly before goes out

JWLaRue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

I too cannot get the seat memory to work at all. Still trying to figure out different 'sequences' to see if it's something I'm doing (or not doing).

Question for folks - when you press both the memory button and one of the digit buttons, do you ever get the chime indicating that the settings have been saved?

-Jeff

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

The seats are set by holding the number button desired and the memory button together until the chime is heard. Then it is set for that number. Unfortunately my seat does not return to the same position every time either. I was wondering if the two FOBs caused two different settings and if both are in the car at the same time if that can cause the divergence. The manual says that the heated seats WILL come on with a remote start, if you have set it on the convenience settings, but the light will NOT. If you fail to push the heated seat button AFTER the start button is pushed when you get into the car the heated seat will go off. Also, the heated steering wheel does not go on with a remote start even though it would make sense to do so. One last thing, me and that bossy woman who lives in the CUE are going to have issues!

Denchikd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Lux Sport, 2004 Yukon Denali, 2013 XTS Platinum

I have a 2013 XTS Platinum which has heated seats in the front and rear. After the latest firmware updates on just about everything including transmission, suspension, CUE, ECM, etc mine work as follows:

-All the seat heaters turn on with remote start.

-Once the ignition is turned on, you see the heated seat lights on briefly and then they turn off for the front seats.

-The rear seat heater lights are on and visible during remote start.
    -Once the car is started the rear seat heaters remain on and you have to turn them off manually.

Wow! how do you suppose they came up with that combination of changes? It would seem like the front seats should default to the on position and the rear to the off because they are usually empty for most trips. On your upgrade did you notice and CUE changes or do they list the changes when you get an upgrade? My dealer said any upgrades would be by VIN # and not by my request.

lurshy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX, 2013 ATS 2.0T Lux

Quote Originally Posted by danscrim View Post
    - Heated seats: this has been covered on a few other threads on this forum (particularly in the ATS section). The light does not come on but the heated seats (at least the driver side) is on. It may not feel warm to the touch but that's because there was no weight in the seat to press the cushion against the heating coils. To test, sit in the car and remote start it. Wait 5 minutes and you'll feel the heated seats getting warm (even tho the light won't come on). Mine works just like this.

- Memory seats: I'm having this issue too. Many times for me it will get close to the position but it just doesn't get as close to the pedals as I had it set last time. Very weird... can't pin point exactly when/why it's happening.
    Although the Heated Seats may work as you described, I find it hard to believe this is meant to be this way. To have a Heater on but no indicator light of such seems weird and without reason. Seeing them on when you get in and cycle off when you press start so you have a visually cue to turn them back on would be helpful (if Caddy insists on turning them off when you 'hit start'....)

My Memory seats (and I don't use Onstar to remote start) work inconsistently whether I remote start or not. I always need to manually adjust my seats. Even the memory positions in the buttons don't seem to work right (design feature/flaw aside that you need to hold the button until the seats go where they need to go).

Hopefully my ATS gets a frimware update at my 1k check-up that was described by denchik for his XTS

Quote Originally Posted by lurshy
    . Even the memory positions in the buttons don't seem to work right (design feature/flaw aside that you need to hold the button until the seats go where they need to go).
    Is it not a light touch to start them moving and they will keep moving to the desired spot, or hold the button down until they get as far as you want and then release to stop ???

You must hold the button down to go to the set limit. Not a great idea but that's the way its made. We do have express windows so go figure.

I recall it working with a light touch and the manual shows that is one of two ways ... But as i read it, maybe that only works after you are in the car and the engine is on?

Recalling Button Memory Positions

Press and hold "1," "2," or B to recall the Button Memory positions. Releasing "1,” "2," or B before the stored positions are reached stops the recall.

Briefly press and release “1,” “2,” or B to recall the Button Memory positions. The ignition must be in ON/RUN/START, and the transmission must be in P (Park) for an automatic transmission or the parking brake must be set for a manual transmission. Placing the ignition in OFF, moving the shift lever out of P (Park), or releasing the parking brake before the stored positions are reached stops the recall.

I am referring to the SRX that I have and if you let go of the button it stops instantly. My manual states "Press and HOLD (1) or (2) to recall the manually saved Button memory positions. Releasing (1) or (2) BEFORE the stored position is reached stops the recall." I would imagine that among the new models that GM is turning out that there will be some differences between models. And with some of the upgrades, hopefully, we will get some of the benefits of the newer model research.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.