Cadillac Owners Forum banner

memory not saving setup -seat pos, htd sets and nav defaults

8K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  Johnfran 
#1 ·
anyone else having issues with the defaults not being retained?
-Heated sets set to come on at ignition - never does, setting is checked
-memory seats - sometimes does not go to preset postion, set manually
-navigation - set to default 'heading up' put routinely defaults back to 'north up'

#2 · (Edited)
- Heated seats: this has been covered on a few other threads on this forum (particularly in the ATS section). The light does not come on but the heated seats (at least the driver side) is on. It may not feel warm to the touch but that's because there was no weight in the seat to press the cushion against the heating coils. To test, sit in the car and remote start it. Wait 5 minutes and you'll feel the heated seats getting warm (even tho the light won't come on). Mine works just like this.

- Memory seats: I'm having this issue too. Many times for me it will get close to the position but it just doesn't get as close to the pedals as I had it set last time. Very weird... can't pin point exactly when/why it's happening.

- Navigation: Has only happened to me once but I was playing around with settings so I might have done something accidentally. Other than that one time, it has always stayed on 'Heading Up'

#11 ·
- Heated seats: this has been covered on a few other threads on this forum (particularly in the ATS section). The light does not come on but the heated seats (at least the driver side) is on. It may not feel warm to the touch but that's because there was no weight in the seat to press the cushion against the heating coils. To test, sit in the car and remote start it. Wait 5 minutes and you'll feel the heated seats getting warm (even tho the light won't come on). Mine works just like this.

- Memory seats: I'm having this issue too. Many times for me it will get close to the position but it just doesn't get as close to the pedals as I had it set last time. Very weird... can't pin point exactly when/why it's happening.
Although the Heated Seats may work as you described, I find it hard to believe this is meant to be this way. To have a Heater on but no indicator light of such seems weird and without reason. Seeing them on when you get in and cycle off when you press start so you have a visually cue to turn them back on would be helpful (if Caddy insists on turning them off when you 'hit start'....)

My Memory seats (and I don't use Onstar to remote start) work inconsistently whether I remote start or not. I always need to manually adjust my seats. Even the memory positions in the buttons don't seem to work right (design feature/flaw aside that you need to hold the button until the seats go where they need to go).

Hopefully my ATS gets a frimware update at my 1k check-up that was described by denchik for his XTS

#3 ·
For the navigation setting, is it possibly due to the zoom scale you are using? When you have the map zoomed out to 5mi or higher, it is supposed to change to North Up to give you a better view of the map at that scale. If you zoom back in, it should go back to what you have it set to (heading up).

I'm not sure about the memory seats since that's not handled by the CUE system. For the heated seats, Dan is right that it is actually on, but without weight, it won't feel warm to the touch.

#4 ·
I also have had the case of the seat setting not being activated at some times. I figured it must be related to using OnStar to start the car and thus the car does not have a key fob to use as a basis for setting the seat?

For the heated seats, Dan is right that it is actually on, but without weight, it won't feel warm to the touch.
Cody, maybe you can tell us WHY the heated seats light does not come on during the remote start event, even though the heating turns on? Also, when you then get into the car and press START, why do the heated seats turn off? I am just curious as to the programming logic.

Thank you for your continued attention here.

#5 ·
Unfortunately, I'm not sure why the lights don't illuminate during a remote start. There's a separate group that defines what lights should turn on and when for the climate control system. I'll see if I can find out from someone in the group. I had the same question the first few times I got in as well.

As far as continuing to heat, I'm guessing that's another policy that was chosen based on some history that I'm not aware of. Part of it could be energy efficiency to not continue to heat seats that aren't occupied. Another part could be people complaining that the heated seats were on but they never intended for them to be on. Not exactly sure but I'll see if I can find anything.

#6 ·
yes , seat gets really close to mem setting, but just a bit too far away and have to manually adjust, all other settings seem to be ok, just the front/back setting are off and inconsistent

heated seats - odd setup but you're probably right, also if you notice when you turn on the ignition when you get in the car, the heated seat lighting does flash quickly before goes out

#7 ·
I too cannot get the seat memory to work at all. Still trying to figure out different 'sequences' to see if it's something I'm doing (or not doing).

Question for folks - when you press both the memory button and one of the digit buttons, do you ever get the chime indicating that the settings have been saved?

-Jeff

#18 ·
I finally received my XTS Platinum on Jan 22nd, (after almost 5 months). Love it, but with all the bad weather right now, I have only driven 60 km. Was snowing when I picked up the car. No trouble driving in bad weather but being retired I only drive in such weather if I really have to do that.

Anyway, had no problem setting up my garage door opener, nor the seat, steering wheel and mirrors positions for Driver 1. Concur with others that it doesn't always get to the exact position as programmed. But for whatever reason, I can't get a "beep" when trying to set up my exit button. And unfortunately presently the seat goes forward and steering wheel goes down, whereas I would like the seat going all the way back and the steering wheel all the way forward and up to give me the maximum room available to exit my rather old body. If there was an update/fix I would assume my car would have the latest, given it was just built on Jan 11/13. Any suggestions?

#8 ·
The seats are set by holding the number button desired and the memory button together until the chime is heard. Then it is set for that number. Unfortunately my seat does not return to the same position every time either. I was wondering if the two FOBs caused two different settings and if both are in the car at the same time if that can cause the divergence. The manual says that the heated seats WILL come on with a remote start, if you have set it on the convenience settings, but the light will NOT. If you fail to push the heated seat button AFTER the start button is pushed when you get into the car the heated seat will go off. Also, the heated steering wheel does not go on with a remote start even though it would make sense to do so. One last thing, me and that bossy woman who lives in the CUE are going to have issues!

#9 ·
I have a 2013 XTS Platinum which has heated seats in the front and rear. After the latest firmware updates on just about everything including transmission, suspension, CUE, ECM, etc mine work as follows:

-All the seat heaters turn on with remote start.

-Once the ignition is turned on, you see the heated seat lights on briefly and then they turn off for the front seats.

-The rear seat heater lights are on and visible during remote start.
-Once the car is started the rear seat heaters remain on and you have to turn them off manually.

#10 ·
Wow! how do you suppose they came up with that combination of changes? It would seem like the front seats should default to the on position and the rear to the off because they are usually empty for most trips. On your upgrade did you notice and CUE changes or do they list the changes when you get an upgrade? My dealer said any upgrades would be by VIN # and not by my request.

#12 ·
lurshy said:
. Even the memory positions in the buttons don't seem to work right (design feature/flaw aside that you need to hold the button until the seats go where they need to go).
Is it not a light touch to start them moving and they will keep moving to the desired spot, or hold the button down until they get as far as you want and then release to stop ???

#14 ·
I recall it working with a light touch and the manual shows that is one of two ways ... But as i read it, maybe that only works after you are in the car and the engine is on?

Recalling Button Memory Positions

Press and hold "1," "2," or B to recall the Button Memory positions. Releasing "1,” "2," or B before the stored positions are reached stops the recall.

Briefly press and release “1,” “2,” or B to recall the Button Memory positions. The ignition must be in ON/RUN/START, and the transmission must be in P (Park) for an automatic transmission or the parking brake must be set for a manual transmission. Placing the ignition in OFF, moving the shift lever out of P (Park), or releasing the parking brake before the stored positions are reached stops the recall.

#15 ·
I am referring to the SRX that I have and if you let go of the button it stops instantly. My manual states "Press and HOLD (1) or (2) to recall the manually saved Button memory positions. Releasing (1) or (2) BEFORE the stored position is reached stops the recall." I would imagine that among the new models that GM is turning out that there will be some differences between models. And with some of the upgrades, hopefully, we will get some of the benefits of the newer model research.

#16 ·
There is an update from the dealer for my ATS that is specifically for retaining proper memory seat positions. There is also another one for the map software that fixes choosing the shortest route by default.
I'll be getting both fixes later this week.
Those were the only 2 the dealer currently had listed for my VIN.

#17 ·
The map update isn't a software change like that. The setting will still be set to Fastest by default, but you can always choose Shortest in the Map Settings if you prefer. This update deals with an error in the map database that caused the system to create strange routes in some situations. This happened particularly often in areas with HOV lanes or Evacuation Roads. If you don't have either of those around you, you probably won't notice a difference.

#19 ·
update after service by dealer:
-reprogrammed the memory seat module, still doesn't work, back at shop to see if motor an issue or why not going all the way forward
-reprogrammed Nav with software update, we'll see if this helps
-heated seats - confirmed as noted elsewhere, this is normal operation, the light flashes when you press ignition button then seats turn off - confirmed other ATS on lot were same

#21 ·
update from my dealer service:
-mem seats - dealer reprogrammed pwr seat module, seat still will not return to full forward position, back at dealer for another look
-Nav - dealer uploaded a software patch, too soon to tell if this fixed "heading up" to stay set
-Heated Seats - confirmed this is as designed, confirmed same with others on the lot, light flashes briefly on ignition then turns off

#23 ·
They come on because I set it up that way in CUE - Remote Start option.
The issue was that there was no indication they were on, only a brief flash of the indicator lights when push ignition button.
They go off immediately but this is apparently the design intent.

#25 ·
Katz, I understand that you set it up on the vehicle or comfort options on the CUE system. But my question was why they do not stay on if you set them to that position. I understand that if the temp in the car is such that they will come on with a remote start if you have set them to come on, but why would they default to off if you set them to on? It would seem that the desire of the car owner would be for them to come on and then if no longer needed they could then be turned off. I am not being argumentative but was wondering why the owner's request would not be the default position like on the seat to the rear set by the owner when leaving the car. That to me has the potential to do more harm than having the seat heat come on by mistake. My daughter has yelled at me to stop the driver's seat as it marched rearward to crush her feet after I shut the car off. I no longer have it set to the "Crush the passenger's feet" setting.

#26 ·
no problem, I agree with you completely, it was GM's decision - not saying it was a good one. I was only indicating that it is working as it was intended to work. Seems like if you Didn't want them on then why would anyone set them to come on automatically in the first place. I prefer to be given the option. Seems silly to make me turn them on Again once I'm in the car, what's the point in setting defaults if they get overridden?

#27 ·
Update: MEM SEAT ISSUE RETURNS
sorry to report that after all the reprogramming of the seat module and adjusting the trim, my seats again stop too soon before going all the way forward as set- and the seat will not move them anymore forward, ahve to push level rearward first, then forward to get back to correct position.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.