memory not saving setup -seat pos, htd sets and nav defaults - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, memory not saving setup -seat pos, htd sets and nav defaults in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; There is an update from the dealer for my ATS that is specifically for retaining proper memory seat positions. There ...
    bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    There is an update from the dealer for my ATS that is specifically for retaining proper memory seat positions. There is also another one for the map software that fixes choosing the shortest route by default.
    I'll be getting both fixes later this week.
    Those were the only 2 the dealer currently had listed for my VIN.

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: memory not saving setup -seat pos, htd sets and nav defaults

The map update isn't a software change like that. The setting will still be set to Fastest by default, but you can always choose Shortest in the Map Settings if you prefer. This update deals with an error in the map database that caused the system to create strange routes in some situations. This happened particularly often in areas with HOV lanes or Evacuation Roads. If you don't have either of those around you, you probably won't notice a difference.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by JWLaRue View Post
    I too cannot get the seat memory to work at all. Still trying to figure out different 'sequences' to see if it's something I'm doing (or not doing).

Question for folks - when you press both the memory button and one of the digit buttons, do you ever get the chime indicating that the settings have been saved?

-Jeff
    I finally received my XTS Platinum on Jan 22nd, (after almost 5 months). Love it, but with all the bad weather right now, I have only driven 60 km. Was snowing when I picked up the car. No trouble driving in bad weather but being retired I only drive in such weather if I really have to do that.

Anyway, had no problem setting up my garage door opener, nor the seat, steering wheel and mirrors positions for Driver 1. Concur with others that it doesn't always get to the exact position as programmed. But for whatever reason, I can't get a "beep" when trying to set up my exit button. And unfortunately presently the seat goes forward and steering wheel goes down, whereas I would like the seat going all the way back and the steering wheel all the way forward and up to give me the maximum room available to exit my rather old body. If there was an update/fix I would assume my car would have the latest, given it was just built on Jan 11/13. Any suggestions?

katz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6 AWD Luxury ATS

update after service by dealer:
    -reprogrammed the memory seat module, still doesn't work, back at shop to see if motor an issue or why not going all the way forward
    -reprogrammed Nav with software update, we'll see if this helps
    -heated seats - confirmed as noted elsewhere, this is normal operation, the light flashes when you press ignition button then seats turn off - confirmed other ATS on lot were same

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    update after service by dealer:
    -reprogrammed the memory seat module, still doesn't work, back at shop to see if motor an issue or why not going all the way forward
    -reprogrammed Nav with software update, we'll see if this helps
    -heated seats - confirmed as noted elsewhere, this is normal operation, the light flashes when you press ignition button then seats turn off - confirmed other ATS on lot were same
    Thanks for the update. I'm particularly interested in the memory seat issue as I am experiencing an identical problem. Please keep us posted!

update from my dealer service:
    -mem seats - dealer reprogrammed pwr seat module, seat still will not return to full forward position, back at dealer for another look
    -Nav - dealer uploaded a software patch, too soon to tell if this fixed "heading up" to stay set
    -Heated Seats - confirmed this is as designed, confirmed same with others on the lot, light flashes briefly on ignition then turns off

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

On the seat heater coming on with a remote start did your dealer know why they come on and then default to off? It would seem like they would default to on and then if you did not want them they could be manually turned off. Can this feature be changed by the dealer?

They come on because I set it up that way in CUE - Remote Start option.
    The issue was that there was no indication they were on, only a brief flash of the indicator lights when push ignition button.
    They go off immediately but this is apparently the design intent.

Memory Seats Dealer Service Update:
    -dealer says found that plastic trim was binding and interfering with seat travel fwd
    -adjusted trim, cleaned and lubricated the track

Will advise if this has fixed after I've had a while

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Katz, I understand that you set it up on the vehicle or comfort options on the CUE system. But my question was why they do not stay on if you set them to that position. I understand that if the temp in the car is such that they will come on with a remote start if you have set them to come on, but why would they default to off if you set them to on? It would seem that the desire of the car owner would be for them to come on and then if no longer needed they could then be turned off. I am not being argumentative but was wondering why the owner's request would not be the default position like on the seat to the rear set by the owner when leaving the car. That to me has the potential to do more harm than having the seat heat come on by mistake. My daughter has yelled at me to stop the driver's seat as it marched rearward to crush her feet after I shut the car off. I no longer have it set to the "Crush the passenger's feet" setting.

no problem, I agree with you completely, it was GM's decision - not saying it was a good one. I was only indicating that it is working as it was intended to work. Seems like if you Didn't want them on then why would anyone set them to come on automatically in the first place. I prefer to be given the option. Seems silly to make me turn them on Again once I'm in the car, what's the point in setting defaults if they get overridden?

Update: MEM SEAT ISSUE RETURNS
    sorry to report that after all the reprogramming of the seat module and adjusting the trim, my seats again stop too soon before going all the way forward as set- and the seat will not move them anymore forward, ahve to push level rearward first, then forward to get back to correct position.

Johnfran is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Premium

had my premium XTS in for service and they did a recall seat memory control module reprogram. for the memory seats. Mine works good now. it was recall V2719

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.