How do you save a play list to a Favorite Button?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Runch Machine
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, How do you save a play list to a Favorite Button? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; The manual indicates you can save a music play list to a Favorite button. I can't figure out how to ...
    Runch Machine is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium, 2013 SRX Premium

How do you save a play list to a Favorite Button?

The manual indicates you can save a music play list to a Favorite button. I can't figure out how to do this. Someone else posted that they did it and I'd appreciate instructions to accomplish this. I've looked through this forum and haven't found the answer. I'm using an SD card with music and playlists on it. I can save to a favorite button Artists, Songs and Genres but not a play list. I'd also like to know how to save a destination and a phone number to a favorite button.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: How do you save a play list to a Favorite Button?

OK, so I found the answer to my own question by watching the Ipad video on the Navigation system. The problem I was having was I didn't know to bring up the Favorites pane. You do that by swiping up from the bottom of the screen in the center. Then you hold a favorite button to assign the destination to. I did the same for saving a play list to a Favorite.

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Yep, you figured it out. You can do the same thing to save lots of things in other applications. In any program, you can drag up on the bar along the bottom of the screen to get to your favorites. Also, if that bar has been hidden like we do on certain lists, just press on the little up arrow symbol in the lower right corner to bring it up.

Once you have the favorites, just push and hold where you'd like to save the favorite, and then it will ask you to select what you'd like to save from the screen. So you could save anything like a phone number, a navigation destination, or a navigation category like Restaurants, Gas Stations or even specific locations like Starbucks, tone settings, as well as about anything you could save from audio, like an artist, album, specific song, playlist, genre, etc.

This is an area we spent a lot of time to try to add a lot of flexibility, and with that flexibility can come some questions about how it all works, so if there are questions if a particular thing can be saved as a favorite, or about how you go about saving that as a favorite, let me know!

Mike Grasso is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Gray Flannel 2013 SRX Premium

I tried this with the iPhone playlists but could not do it. They only show in the Instrument cluster and not the main screen.

How is the Iphone connected? You should be able to select Iphone as one of the media types, then press the media type on the left center of the screen to browse the Iphone. Then along the bottom are the various options, Artist, Song, Album and on the left side along the bottom is play list. Select Play list to see the play lists and then drag up the buttons and hold the one you want to save a play list to. Then touch the name of the play list you want to save on that button. Try this and let us know if it works.
    codeman71 and codeman71 like this.

Mike Grasso is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Gray Flannel 2013 SRX Premium

The iPhone is connected by USB cable.
    It saves the playlist.
    When I get into the car again and connect the iPhone, the list stays greyed out.

Sir CussFreq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Raven Black ATS

I had this same problem for a while, then the saved button disappeared completely (went back to empty). I had set my iPod up (in the cubby behind the dash) with an artist saved as a favorite, and whenever I started the car, the button would appear grayed out for 10 minutes or so. Seemed like CUE had to go through and reindex what's on the iPod before it allows you to utilize that favorite. The shuffle setting doesn't seem to save between car starts, either. I had an album playing, turned shuffle on and it was working fine. Then I got out of the car, and when I got back in it started playing right where I left off, but the songs weren't shuffled (if you click Menu, shuffle is still on, but it wasn't actually shuffling). I can't recall whether or not shuffle started working again after I turned it off and back on, but I don't believe it did - I think I just got frustrated and switched to XM or Pandora.

iPod related - have you found any way to simply 'play all' songs on the ipod?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.