CUE Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Question in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I asked the following question on the regular XTS forum. 156 people viewed the post, and nobody offered an answer. ...
    ArubaKid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

CUE Question

I asked the following question on the regular XTS forum. 156 people viewed the post, and nobody offered an answer. Can you? The question:

One of the training videos says that there can be up to 5 pages of apps on the center stack screen and up to 8 apps per page. What app icons can be placed there and where do they come from?

On an iPad you can acquire apps from the apps store, but where do you get them for the center stack display on the XTS?

Thanks for helping.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: CUE Question

Right now, we do not have any additional apps that can be downloaded, but this is planned for future feature enhancement. So right now, the only thing you can do is just rearrange the current icons between the different pages, but no additional apps to load just yet, but stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
    Right now, we do not have any additional apps that can be downloaded, but this is planned for future feature enhancement. So right now, the only thing you can do is just rearrange the current icons between the different pages, but no additional apps to load just yet, but stay tuned!
    OK, that clears up the current situation. Thanks for your response. In the future, HOW will apps be communicated to the vehicle? From the internet, somehow? From On Star? From software updates? I'm just wondering...

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i think they have said that there will be a website and you will be able to download system updates and apps onto a usb thumbdrive and transfer them over to the car via the usb thumbdrive

pushing data through onstar would cost way too much
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Thumbdrive transfer would be great. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.