How to HARD RESET your CUE - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, How to HARD RESET your CUE in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I can't get this to work... Do I shut the door and cubby before starting the car?? Nothing seems to ...
    1formula is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Re: How to HARD RESET your CUE (& trouble with the heater)

I can't get this to work... Do I shut the door and cubby before starting the car?? Nothing seems to work...

glenroebuck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 AWD 2013

Here is what I did - rant to follow - Got in car shut door, turned on car let cue boot up, opened cubby. shut off car opened door counted to 60, shut door. This got my bluetooth working again to pair with my phone.

rant on - My car is a week old. Seriously? a 46K luxury car and I have to google the internet on how to reboot the stupid interface device?? I GM wants to pay me to beta test this thing that is one thing but if I have to constantly reboot my CUE to get simple features to work...I am not going to and start taking it to shop every time for the same issue until it is 30 days of shop time and lemon law this pos....rant off.

SCHIDER23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac ATS

Well had to do this procedure today on my three week old ats, thanks for the info, It wouldn't connect to iphone via cable and no USB drive, second fault in just three weeks, my memory seat module had to be replaced, after two weeks cause it stop working all together. Hopefully no more surprises.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

On my long trip from Toronto area to Las Vegas I experienced a problem with having lost one of the two menu items under "Units" and couldn't change from the metric system after crossing the border. Fixed by "resetting" the DIC system by getting out of car (ie. removing the key) and keeping the door open for 2 minutes. Then on the last day from Cortez, CO to Las Vegas, NV. there were three chimes rather then the seat shaking when touching a divider line. Checking, it still was programmed for the seat issue. Clicking on it again, it again worked correctly (i.e. I didn't do a "hard reset") This then happened once again on that day later on with the same action taken, Then another issue happened some 45 min out of Vegas. There was the odd very brief "ping" at different intervals from 1 min to 10 minutes. No info at all on the DIC or CUE and car seemed to run perfectly. Had OnStar do a check-up. No error codes reported. Subsequent some briefer driving over the last 3 days in Vegas have not reproduced either problem. A few days earlier while driving suddenly CUE went dead, Lost the Navigation screen (screen totally dark) and the music playing from the SD card. Both came back up automatically within less then a minute but music didn't carry on from the song it was playing before so I assume CUE executed a re-boot by itself for whatever internal reason.

pinkexec is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx 2014

This did NOT work for my new 2014 srx. My air is blowing ice cold on drivers side and back but not passenger's side. I've sync'd to low temp settings and played around with it for about an hour trying different things including the boot instructions in this thread but nothing reset it. The boot never occurred either. I really don't want to have to drive across town to the dealership if I can fix it myself with a simple step. Anyone know how I can fix this?? Thanks so much!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkexec View Post
    This did NOT work for my new 2014 srx. My air is blowing ice cold on drivers side and back but not passenger's side. I've sync'd to low temp settings and played around with it for about an hour trying different things including the boot instructions in this thread but nothing reset it. The boot never occurred either. I really don't want to have to drive across town to the dealership if I can fix it myself with a simple step. Anyone know how I can fix this?? Thanks so much!
    Hello pinkexec,

Congratulations on your new SRX! I am sorry to hear that the hard reset did not work for you and that it seems as though you are experiencing an issue with your climate control thogh. Unfortunately I do not have any information on how to hard reset the CUE, you might what to contact our CUE Infotainment team at 855-428-3669 to see if they have a different procedure for the 2014 SRX. If you do plan on taking your vehicle to the dealership, I would be more than happy to assist you in working with the dealership to address the issue. Please feel free to send me a private message or an email to socialmedia@gm.com if you would like my assistance. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '12 SRX 3.6 AWD

It's good to turn off you smartphone and let it reboot at least once a week. So why not the car.

rlflesh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS Luxury 2.0T

this reboot procedure doesnt work on my 2013 ATS. My problem is that the radio resets have gone haywire. Some are grayed out and not usable. If I try to reset a grayed out button, it just messes up one of the other presets. Fix one, it messes up another. Anyone had this problem or know an alternative reboot procedure?

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

Did you try the Return to Factory Settings option - page 7-7 ?

The Restore Radio Settings sub-option should be the least painful in terms of getting things back in order.

(It is a shame that Cody no longer posts.)

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

cody posts some still... not a whole lot though

i thought that was because he no longer works at GM...
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote Originally Posted by pinkexec View Post
    Many ATS owners have had to have a HVAC module update/replacement to fix similar problem...check it out with your dealer.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by rlflesh View Post
    this reboot procedure doesnt work on my 2013 ATS. My problem is that the radio resets have gone haywire. Some are grayed out and not usable. If I try to reset a grayed out button, it just messes up one of the other presets. Fix one, it messes up another. Anyone had this problem or know an alternative reboot procedure?
    Hello rlfresh,

I apologize that the reboot procedure is not working in your ATS. Have you tried to reach out to our CUE Infotainment team regarding this concern?

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

jdlima is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

I have a XTS4 Platinum, CUE hard reset did not work for me. I have my voice activation both on the central stack and the steering wheel inactive and the hazard sign cannot be activated. I did manage to switch it on but had to struggle much more to switch it off. I now dread trying to switch it again.

sonny3621 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium FWD Silver Coast Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by EricDOhio View Post
    Last night I remote started my car using the Cadillac ap for iPhone and with the On-star integration - big mistake as it locked out my heater and wouldn't allow me to turn on the heater. Apparently, this might be more common then you think as the dealer was "familiar" with this "phenomenon". To remedy the issue, and gain control of your heater controls again, you need to do a HARD RESET of the CUE. Be advised, this does NOT cause you to lose your presets or any setup; rather it is just like hitting the reset button on your computer when it freezes. Here is how to do a HARD RESET when you loose control of CUE.

1.) Open the CUE face plate (exposing the storage area) - LEAVE IT UP.

2.) Turn the car OFF

3.) Open the DRIVER's door

4.) Wait 30-60 SECONDS

CUE won't tell you that it reset. When you start he car however (and after shutting your door and lowering your face plate) you will see a yellow circle going round and round and that confirms your RESET.

After the reset your heater (or perhaps other) controls will be functioning just fine.

Hope that helps.

E
    Does this method work with the XTS too as I have done what you describe multiple times and don't see a yellow circle when I start the car. My Bluetooth has decided not to pair up anymore and I thought a CUE reboot might help. Thanks.
    r34220 likes this.

JEFF_WI is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS4 2.0T

Re: How to HARD RESET your CUE

I have a 2014 ATS and have it for about 7 weeks. My CUE system has occasionally locked [6X] but nothing has gone black. Seems to happen when in the NAV mode. I can get back to the main icon screen but then can't do anything more...totally locked out of the touch screen but the panel below the screen seems to work okay. I had it to the dealer and they were able to recreate the scenario and input the latest software however it happened again in less than 100 miles of driving. I found this link and tried the Hard reboot as discussed. It worked great.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Your CF account is activated. Please update your profile to show correct information.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.