CUE and Siri/Google Now Support Needed - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE and Siri/Google Now Support Needed in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Yes, i have an iPhone 5 and the call ALWAYS goes to the handset. I have to hit the hand ...
    pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Re: CUE and Siri/Google Now Support Needed

Yes, i have an iPhone 5 and the call ALWAYS goes to the handset. I have to hit the hand free soft button on the CUE screen to switch.... VERY annoying!

Mike Grasso is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Gray Flannel 2013 SRX Premium

Any idea when this first software update will hit us? I've heard there are a lot of iPhone 5 issues that will be addressed.

Caddy Daddy.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by codeman71
    We have implemented some improvements related to this for the next software update, so that will probably fix the problem. But also when I asked one of our engineers about the iPhone, I was told that the iPhone behaves a bit differently than other Bluetooth devices. Apparently the iPhone defaults back to the last audio method that was used (handset or Bluetooth). Have you ever gotten two phone calls where the second one may behave differently because the last used audio device was CUE? Just trying to see if that's something that's interfering here.

I don't have an iPhone, so I haven't experienced this personally. Does anyone else have an iPhone 5 experience this where the audio always goes to the phone?

I'll check on the iPod video.

Unfortunately, two Bluetooth-connected devices is something that we really wanted in there but didn't make it.
    My XTS can not answer a call. Tried it on the screen and steering wheel control. The caller hears the music playing at the time in my car. 12-12-12 is the date on my car. Have the I phone that is 6 weeks old. My service is with Verizon's . Is there a fix for this? I need to get incoming calls hands free. Daddy

Dramset is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
    ...I was told that the iPhone behaves a bit differently than other Bluetooth devices. Apparently the iPhone defaults back to the last audio method that was used (handset or Bluetooth).
    Really? 'cause iPhone 5 always works through the Bluetooth system in my 2011 SHO, no problem...

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Dramset View Post
    Really? 'cause iPhone 5 always works through the Bluetooth system in my 2011 SHO, no problem...
    Yeah I think there's a combination of a couple of things going on that are making the problem worse than it needs to be. We've fixed the issues on our side with the next software update, and if your experience is that it always goes handsfree in the Taurus, then it should be the same experience in the CUE system after the update. I haven't been able to test with an iPhone to verify that it goes back to the last used method. I guess someone could test by switching the call to the handset, ending the call, and then seeing how the next incoming call gets handled. It could also be that Apple made a fix in iOS6 as well, which I don't think was out when I was told about the iPhone's behavior.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Daddy.com View Post
    My XTS can not answer a call. Tried it on the screen and steering wheel control. The caller hears the music playing at the time in my car. 12-12-12 is the date on my car. Have the I phone that is 6 weeks old. My service is with Verizon's . Is there a fix for this? I need to get incoming calls hands free. Daddy
    I'm sorry it's not working properly. It sounds like the same thing is happening that when you answer the call, the call audio is going to the phone itself rather than to the CUE system. The software update should be released soon and this should fix the problem that you're seeing. For now, if you use the touchscreen to answer the call, it should switch to show you the call information. Then you can press the Handsfree button to switch the audio over to the speakers. You could also do this from the steering wheel controls from the Phone application, press the center select switch on the right side, and then scroll to and select Switch to Handsfree. This should do it.

Yeah I think there's a combination of a couple of things going on that are making the problem worse than it needs to be. We've fixed the issues on our side with the next software update, and if your experience is that it always goes handsfree in the Taurus, then it should be the same experience in the CUE system after the update. I haven't been able to test with an iPhone to verify that it goes back to the last used method. I guess someone could test by switching the call to the handset, ending the call, and then seeing how the next incoming call gets handled. It could also be that Apple made a fix in iOS6 as well, which I don't think was out when I was told about the iPhone's behavior.

----------

I'm sorry it's not working properly. It sounds like the same thing is happening that when you answer the call, the call audio is going to the phone itself rather than to the CUE system. The software update should be released soon and this should fix the problem that you're seeing. For now, if you use the touchscreen to answer the call, it should switch to show you the call information. Then you can press the Handsfree button to switch the audio over to the speakers. You could also do this from the steering wheel controls from the Phone application, press the center select switch on the right side, and then scroll to and select Switch to Handsfree. This should do it.
    Thank you. I will try it tomorrow. Who is the best person to give my recommendations on how CUE can be better. Example: Back button integration on steering wheel would help keep eyes more on the road. Presets for tone. All music is not created equal and would it not be great to have three choices preset.
    Thank you,
    Daddy In a former life Dr. Watts your car stereo doctor.

Thank you. I will try it tomorrow. Who is the best person to give my recommendations on how CUE can be better. Example: Back button integration on steering wheel would help keep eyes more on the road. Presets for tone. All music is not created equal and would it not be great to have three choices preset.
    We're always looking for improvements to the CUE system. We don't have a real formal process set up for something like that, but at least posting here will get your input to me, who is on the core CUE design team. As far as with the steering wheel, we made a very conscious effort to separate the driver display from the center stack display. Therefore, all controls on the steering wheel affect the display directly in front. Otherwise, you might be going back and forth between the center display and the steering wheel to reach certain buttons that are placed there. So, for the driver display, you can press the left direction on the switch, which does act as a back button for that display. You can do many of the things from the driver display and steering wheel controls that you can do in the center display, so we felt this was the best way to control many of the functions that you would be doing frequently while driving.

For tone presets, that feature is actually already in the system. We've got a huge audiophile on our team and that was one of his must-have features as well. While you are in the Tone Settings page, you can raise up the Favorites by dragging up on the buttons along the bottom of the screen. Then, just press and hold on the button location that you'd like to save the current tone settings to. It will be labeled Tone 1. Then your next one will be Tone 2, and so on. Once you've got the settings that you like, you can then press the Home button, select Settings, then select Radio, and then Manage Favorites. Then, select the favorite that you would like to rename, select the Rename button along the bottom, then use the keyboard to enter the name you'd like. Once done press the Back button and then edit the other Favorites you'd like to rename. Once you're all finished, press the Done button and all of your changes will be saved.

So, now when you are listening to something off your iPod, or radio, just select the tone Favorite you'd like and viola!, the settings are set just the way you'd like.

Sir CussFreq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Raven Black ATS

Wrong thread... Please delete.

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

We have implemented some improvements related to this for the next software update, so that will probably fix the problem. But also when I asked one of our engineers about the iPhone, I was told that the iPhone behaves a bit differently than other Bluetooth devices. Apparently the iPhone defaults back to the last audio method that was used (handset or Bluetooth). Have you ever gotten two phone calls where the second one may behave differently because the last used audio device was CUE? Just trying to see if that's something that's interfering here.

I don't have an iPhone, so I haven't experienced this personally. Does anyone else have an iPhone 5 experience this where the audio always goes to the phone?

I'll check on the iPod video.

Unfortunately, two Bluetooth-connected devices is something that we really wanted in there but didn't make it.
    Codeman71:

I found another quirk with my iPod/CUE interaction. When I first start up my ATS and select an album from it the songs from that album play in the correct order.

If I select an album later on in the drive, after the 'media device has finished updating' (I.E. when I can finally quick search through the iPod) the songs play in alphabetical order instead of the way they are on the album.

Are you aware of this issue?

Do you think this is something that may be addressed in the software update?

Thanks,
    cullama

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

codeman, from your instructions above about the tone settings it sounds like they can become favorites and be labeled so. But when you press a favorite button like an FM station and it is playing and then you press another favorite called tone 1 will they interact without canceling one out?

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    codeman, from your instructions above about the tone settings it sounds like they can become favorites and be labeled so. But when you press a favorite button like an FM station and it is playing and then you press another favorite called tone 1 will they interact without canceling one out?
    Yep. They will both work because they are different types. This is similar to a Navigation favorite, for example. You could have either a radio or media favorite going and then could press on a navigation favorite to begin routing to that favorite. The tone favorites work similarly. You can be listening to whatever and then press one of the tone favorites. It will then recall the settings saved for that tone, but without changing what you are listening to. Those tone settings will remain active until you either go into the menu and adjust them again, or select a different tone favorite.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by cullama213 View Post
    Codeman71:

I found another quirk with my iPod/CUE interaction. When I first start up my ATS and select an album from it the songs from that album play in the correct order.

If I select an album later on in the drive, after the 'media device has finished updating' (I.E. when I can finally quick search through the iPod) the songs play in alphabetical order instead of the way they are on the album.

Are you aware of this issue?

Do you think this is something that may be addressed in the software update?

Thanks,
    cullama
    That's pretty odd - I don't recall hearing of that issue. Just so I have a better understanding, how exactly are you asking the next album to play? Are you using the speech system, or are you using the touchscreen? If you are using the touchscreen, are you pressing the play button next to the album name in the list, or are you selecting the album name and then selecting a particular song to begin playback of the album? Or...are you maybe using the steering wheel controls or possibly a favorite?

All of these shouldn't make a difference, as they should all play in album order unless you have shuffle turned on. Just curious if maybe it works differently for you depending on how you selected the music. But yes, there were quite a few fixes in the next update so most likely if there was a bug in there it was cleaned out.

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Yep. They will both work because they are different types. This is similar to a Navigation favorite, for example. You could have either a radio or media favorite going and then could press on a navigation favorite to begin routing to that favorite. The tone favorites work similarly. You can be listening to whatever and then press one of the tone favorites. It will then recall the settings saved for that tone, but without changing what you are listening to. Those tone settings will remain active until you either go into the menu and adjust them again, or select a different tone favorite.

----------

That's pretty odd - I don't recall hearing of that issue. Just so I have a better understanding, how exactly are you asking the next album to play? Are you using the speech system, or are you using the touchscreen? If you are using the touchscreen, are you pressing the play button next to the album name in the list, or are you selecting the album name and then selecting a particular song to begin playback of the album? Or...are you maybe using the steering wheel controls or possibly a favorite?

All of these shouldn't make a difference, as they should all play in album order unless you have shuffle turned on. Just curious if maybe it works differently for you depending on how you selected the music. But yes, there were quite a few fixes in the next update so most likely if there was a bug in there it was cleaned out.
    Codeman,

It happens no matter which way I select the album... Touch, DIC or Voice.

We're always looking for improvements to the CUE system. We don't have a real formal process set up for something like that, but at least posting here will get your input to me, who is on the core CUE design team. As far as with the steering wheel, we made a very conscious effort to separate the driver display from the center stack display. Therefore, all controls on the steering wheel affect the display directly in front. Otherwise, you might be going back and forth between the center display and the steering wheel to reach certain buttons that are placed there. So, for the driver display, you can press the left direction on the switch, which does act as a back button for that display. You can do many of the things from the driver display and steering wheel controls that you can do in the center display, so we felt this was the best way to control many of the functions that you would be doing frequently while driving.

For tone presets, that feature is actually already in the system. We've got a huge audiophile on our team and that was one of his must-have features as well. While you are in the Tone Settings page, you can raise up the Favorites by dragging up on the buttons along the bottom of the screen. Then, just press and hold on the button location that you'd like to save the current tone settings to. It will be labeled Tone 1. Then your next one will be Tone 2, and so on. Once you've got the settings that you like, you can then press the Home button, select Settings, then select Radio, and then Manage Favorites. Then, select the favorite that you would like to rename, select the Rename button along the bottom, then use the keyboard to enter the name you'd like. Once done press the Back button and then edit the other Favorites you'd like to rename. Once you're all finished, press the Done button and all of your changes will be saved.

So, now when you are listening to something off your iPod, or radio, just select the tone Favorite you'd like and viola!, the settings are set just the way you'd like.
    I'm back from my son's wedding in Maui. Set up three tone setting and it was EZ. What great forward thinking to have your favorites be what you want them to be and label the way you want. Can not wait to learn more. Thank you, DADDY

I'm back from my son's wedding in Maui. Set up three tone setting and it was EZ. What great forward thinking to have your favorites be what you want them to be and label the way you want. Can not wait to learn more. Thank you, DADDY
    Hopefully you enjoyed the trip to Maui. I'm so glad it was what you were looking for in the Favorites!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.