SRX and CUE
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, SRX and CUE in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I traded my 2011 CTS in on a new 2013 SRX. I've had it now for a month and really ...
    eonac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX LUXURY AWD Radiant Silver / Ebony

SRX and CUE

I traded my 2011 CTS in on a new 2013 SRX. I've had it now for a month and really like everything about it, except for CUE. Not the system it's
    self, but how to keep it clean. You constantly have to clean the finger prints off the screen and the black plastic around the system is like a magnet
    for dust. Even if you wore white gloves to keep the finger prints off the screen LOL you still have the static that attracts the lint and dust to the
    black plastic. Does anyone else have these problems or any suggestions for a remedy. I'm sure all Cadillac's with CUE have the same problems.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: SRX and CUE

Congrats on the new SRX. As someone that moved up from the CTS to the SRX, I am pretty confident you are going to like the change and never want to go back.

The fingerprint issue on CUE is a big one. We all have the same problem.

The only remedy you have is to purchase a microfiber cleaning cloth and keep it folded in your storage bin.

Amazon sells these pretty cheap. This particular package is the one I recently purchases. It has a large cloth for CUE and a smaller one for your smartphone (if you have one)

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Ours came with a microfiber cleaning towel with the Cadillac crest on it. Don't know if this was a GM thing or something our dealer included. As for the dust, we have long kept a swifer duster in the backseat of the car. Just wipe it over the dash and instrument panel evey couple of days. If you get comfortable with the speech commands, you will find yourself using the touch screen less and less. I am really impressed with the speech command system. On our 10 I could never get it to understand anything I said, the 13 system works much better, and I haven't had to repet myself yet.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

I keep an extra micro-fiber soft cloth, that I use for my reflective coating on my eye-glasses, in my top console ... works perfect for those times that you may want to perform a quick touch-up.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Radio Shack used to sell an anti static spray that we used in airliner cockpits for the displays because they created a high level of static electricity which led to dust clinging to the screens. It came in a small spray bottle and acted as a cleaner as well as an anti static. Ponyman is right about learning the voice commands as rapidly as possible and that will take away a lot of the finger problem. The piano black facia probably should have been dull black leather with a carbon fiber face plate but that is hard for bling merchants to live with. Maybe after market will solve the problem.

Mike Grasso is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Gray Flannel 2013 SRX Premium

I wonder if a static clear cover would work, like the ones on our smartphones. There is a place near me that makes them for Apple, I'll take the car by....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.