CUE - A discussion thread - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE - A discussion thread in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Boy!!!What a challenge this CUE is going to be for the techs!!!All this info is going to make potential buyers ...
    Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

Re: Official CUE & A discussion thread

Boy!!!What a challenge this CUE is going to be for the techs!!!All this info is going to make potential buyers think twice if they want to buy an
    SRX. If you are not tech savy, look out...The techs are going to have nothing but trouble....The factory people i think are having trouble understanding this CUE mess also....

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I promised all of you this number...

CUE HELPLINE
    (855) 428-3669

Very helpful. The rep I talked with was fantastic and very interested in learning about my concerns. Any potential problems get reported directly to the engineering team.

Software updates to the system are done every 2-3 months.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by Likely View Post
    Boy!!!What a challenge this CUE is going to be for the techs!!!All this info is going to make potential buyers think twice if they want to buy an
    SRX. If you are not tech savy, look out...The techs are going to have nothing but trouble....The factory people i think are having trouble understanding this CUE mess also....
    You are correct! There are techs who still haven't figured out how to correctly program the 2010 model. What are they going to do with CUE? It's starting to get interesting around here.

I am enjoying reading the trials and tribulations of CUE from those who own it. I still stand by my original statement that I refuse to BETA test CUE. Perhaps in 2014/2015 I'll take a look at it.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Thought you were never going to buy another American made car Steve?

hambone8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium

I watched a video of the CUE a few weeks ago showing someone starting up navigation to a destination. Tjen the person dragged the turn by turn window to the small information window under the speedometers
    I tried to duplicate this function the other day and couldn't get turn window to move. Another unadded feature such as the text to voice? Anyone been able to do this?

st4422 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Black Ice, 2009 CTS DI Thunder Gray
    There are nav displays available in the display (DIC?) under the speedometer. You may have to enable them in setup.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by hambone8 View Post
    I watched a video of the CUE a few weeks ago showing someone starting up navigation to a destination. Tjen the person dragged the turn by turn window to the small information window under the speedometers
    I tried to duplicate this function the other day and couldn't get turn window to move...
    I believe the video demostration you are referring to is the "FULL" CUE version which is actually part of a higher or "optional" level of CUE. That is where the XTS Cadillac NAV display is capable of being swiped over into the driver's DIC (Driver Information Center) window. The "FULL" CUE version is the only version that has that ability to swipe selected parts of the NAV information over into the DIC area... also in that version of CUE there are four different distinct programmable screens. The entry level of the XTS and the standard CUE in the ATS and in the SRX only have the "LITE" CUE version and is unable to receive the swipe NAV data in the same manner as the "FULL" CUE optional version has in that XTS CUE video. However, the DIC windows in the ATS and SRX can display NAV data information also but you have to access it through the functionality of the buttons located on the steering wheel.

kiboater is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Luxury

Bottom line is that you will probably always know more about CUE than anyone at the dealership. They focus on 20 years of all of the models of Cadillac unless they sell other brands and then it is worse. The focus on replacing parts, diagnosing noises and all kinds of repairs. Things like CUE are at the bottom of their knowledge base. Especially when they are not in a position to change anything.

We invested a lot of money in our new cars and spend a lot of time behind the wheel playing with all this neat stuff. If Cadillac were smart they would train a group, give them cars with CUE to drive and staff a number to answer questions and take suggestions. But this is not the GM way. They want to use minimally trained people sitting in front of a PC searching for answers in a knowledge base.
    jbriang and jbriang like this.

brlutsky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

I have been using the CUE system now for a couple of months on my new 2013 SRX.

The system is awkward at best and athe NAV system is one of the worst I have ever encountered. Base model Garmins can outperform this "Premium" unit.

I have owned 5+ GM cars that cam with GPS and this is the first one that can't even take me to my home address. The unit tell me my home is a half mile drive from my driveway accross an major hwy. This address has existed for over 40 years.

In addition it can's fine major points of interest in the area, it doesn't show hwy exits until ypu get ti yours, it doesn't whow the street you are on (unless it is atempting to navigate), you can't tell it whether you want best rout, shortest, etc for each individual destination, can't enter a destination by city, then address, can't enter a POI by name.

The problem list can go on and on.
    On the proverbial 1 to 10 scale I give it a 1 and that is only because I can't go any lower.

I have been told to submit info the the company that does that data base and maybe in a year it might be fixed.

For a premium car this is a disgraseful product. The unit on my 2010 SRX ran rings around this.

The dealership has benn kind but has no remidies, except to tell me to keep checking back for softwarre patches.

And to add insult to injury the remotelink app from Onstar doen not have a version for the Windows phone, but did release one for the failing Blackberry.

All sad and all true.

kiboater is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Luxury

I am getting ready to take my 2011 Enclave (I know this is an SRX forum) on a long trip. I went to the Buick dealership to see if any Nav updates are available since I purchased it two years ago. None available. I just plugged in my Garmin Nuvi and there are two updates available since I last updated 6 months ago. GM might get away with charging more for Nav than others but they can't get away with more money and an inferior system.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

I am very surprised that the dealer told you there were no updates available. It is my understanding that every year the NAV vendors will come out, usually in the fall, with their latest new data map disks that have the most updated information available on them at that time. Since GM doesn't make their own disks they must rely on the vendors to supply them every year with their newest DVD maps, BTW GM uses more than one NAV vendor. I am sure you are correct in that the Garmin systems will provide more freguent down load updates where as the fixed NAV systems have to rely on a yearly updated DVD that are released by the major suppliers that GM uses in their vehicles. I could be wrong but that is my understanding that they come out at least once a year.

hambone8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium

Well that explains that. i keep forgetting about the slightly fewer options with CUE "light" in the ats/srx. I've used the nav info screen in the DIC my first road trip. Pretty nice I guess. Kept me from looking at the center stack a little less.

Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo

Re: CUE - A discussion thread

Has there even been an initial update yet? I was wondering how they were going to do this. Over the air would be great...

jbriang is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

On the phone/contacts favorites, does CUE automatically dial the favorite when touched or first reveal the phone number/contact, then require further action?

Also, anyway to sort contacts by last name, as they are displayed in my iPhone 5?

st4422 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Black Ice, 2009 CTS DI Thunder Gray

Re: CUE - A discussion thread

CUE automatically dials when a phone number is stored as a favorite. It will bring up complete contact info when a contact is stored as a favorite. One can then select a phone number to dial or address as a destination for navigation.

Contacts can be sorted by first or last name by pressing the View soft button at the top of the contacts list.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.