I don't want CUE
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By danscrim
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, I don't want CUE in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; So next week I am going into my credit union to get my loan and start the process to secure ...
    WillinSD is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I don't want CUE

So next week I am going into my credit union to get my loan and start the process to secure a 2.0T ATS! So very excited! This is something I have been planning on for some time now, and I've been saying that I would do it as a Christmas gift to myself, so now is the time.

However, unlike most 28 year olds, I'm really not into the techy stuff at all, I live my day to day life pretty tech simple. I see no reason to spend the extra money for CUE, which I've heard can be buggy. I figure the only reason for getting it would be "bragging rights" since I honestly would have extremely little use for it. Navigation? Well we all have smart phone with turn by turn directions, so no big deal there. Anyone else in this same state of mind? Experiences with the ATS sans CUE?

I can't wait to be an ATS owner, just hope it doesn't take long to find the model I want: 2.0T standard, Black raven with black interior, no CUE, and polished rims.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Re: I don't want CUE

You may have to order that combination. I'm guessing that only the 2.5s would come to the lot w/o CUE.

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Go for it. My dealer has three 2.0 RWD ATS Standard for around $38K on the lot. That's a heckuva lot of car for the money.

zr1mom is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Prem 2.0T AWD Black Raven Red

That's the great thing about the great old USA you have a choice. Nobody says you have to get it so get what's makes the most sense to you. For me I am a techie and I love my CUE system in fact I have almost every option you can get.

off1c3r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance AWD

I had your attitude until I got Nav in a vehicle... then I got a better nav in another vehicle. Now I love having the in dash toys. I have a top tier smart phone that does nav too. I prefer having it with the car, and the larger screen. I know my friends always regret not getting the "toy" options 1-2 years down the road in their car. If you're not used to it.. then no harm in not getting it.

YankeeVic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE... Yet
    I went to my dealer expecting to hate the CUE. My experience is that it works as designed. You should consider trying it out. You'll be at the dealer anyway, you might as well verify your thoughts. Might surprise you.

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

I could take or leave CUE itself, but what I do like about the big screen is the backup camera is great. It's a big help as there are some blind spots. Also, I love the NAV. It's waaaay better than the NAV on my smartphone.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

I think there's something to be said about the overall look of the interior with and without CUE. I'm a pretty avid techie, so I wanted CUE for other reasons. But I really think the interior looks so much cleaner and more modern with the 8" display than without it. It really is a gorgeous setup.

I have my gripes with CUE. But I don't regret getting it whatsoever. Sometimes it's slower than you'd hope, and sometimes you encounter slight bugs. But none of those are a deal breaker. Assuming you have a little patience with the system and have a little faith that Cadillac will sort through the minor issues it has... it's absolutely worth getting.

So I completely agree with YankeeVic. Take a look at the interiors with and without CUE. I wouldn't be surprised if you fell in love with it.
    AZCADATS and AZCADATS like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    The non CUE cluster looks goofy. All I can think of is Johnny 5...

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

CUE is awesomeness on a stick.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.