Cue and the traditional Cadillac owner - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Cue and the traditional Cadillac owner in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I hope this line of dialogue stops soon. We don't know what people have been through in their younger lives ...
    rayle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Formerly owned: 1992, 93, 94, 99, 02, 06, 08, 11.

Re: Cue and the traditional Cadillac owner

I hope this line of dialogue stops soon. We don't know what people have been through in their younger lives to cause current behavior, whether it be overly frugal or overly extravagant. I thought this was a car forum.

DG2
    DG2 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by rayle
    I hope this line of dialogue stops soon. We don't know what people have been through in their younger lives to cause current behavior, whether it be overly frugal or overly extravagant. I thought this was a car forum.
    Come in. Just some good clean fun. The idea stemmed from Cadillac dealers offering free food to get seniors into dealerships for a presentation on Caddys new tech and how to use. Trust me, I work with retires and they are not insulted by our tongue in check !

rayle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Formerly owned: 1992, 93, 94, 99, 02, 06, 08, 11.

DG2, I actually thought you had a great idea for educating older Cadillac buyers about the new technology. My guess is that prospective buyers of all ages will come for "free" food and some will bring their little kids.

I work with seniors also, and I respect them, as I sense you do also. That's all I'm saying . . . they should be respected.

DG2
    Your right , it would and should attract potential buyers of all ages. Make an event out of it. XYZ "Cadillac presents Sushi and CUE" come see the most advanced technology in the industry and how easy it is to use. And dinners on us !
    rayle and rayle like this.

jock82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am a traditional Cadillac buyer, I have been driving them since 1970. The CUE system has nothing to do with me not wanting this car. I do no like this car. I am done buying Cadillacs until they an can come up with a better looking car than this thing. I have 3 Cadillacs, I do like the ATS but it is way too small for me.

DG2
    Quote Originally Posted by jock82
    I am a traditional Cadillac buyer, I have been driving them since 1970. The CUE system has nothing to do with me not wanting this car. I do no like this car. I am done buying Cadillacs until they an can come up with a better looking car than this thing. I have 3 Cadillacs, I do like the ATS but it is way too small for me.
    Did you test drive yet ? Bet you will change your mind

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Quote Originally Posted by jock82 View Post
    Traditions? I loved the 70's Eldorados with FW drive and looong hood, auto closing trunk, just to name a few of the forward Caddy designs back then. That tradition is gone! You cannot rely on traditional concepts anymore IMHO. I am interested in your opinion as to what vehicle brand you would buy that is more traditional? BTW, I think the ATS looks like the "baby version" of my XTS.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek View Post
    First off, what is your definition of "elderly"? I will be 65 in February. I was introduced to computers years ago while working at GM. As a matter of fact I was even a computer progammer. I would personally consider an elderly person as somebody in their 80's. At that point you start getting into the people that are'nt that familiar with computers. My opinion is that most elderly people in their 80's won't be rushing out to buy an new cadilac either. It's funny how everybody brings up the volume control on the XTS. All you have to use is the steering wheel control. I have been using that for years on my cars. One other thing, when I got my XTS, I didn't even know what an IPAD was. I do now. Maybe Iam just on the bottom edge of "elderly". I can see where Cadillac is going and I think it's on the right track. Makes me wonder with all I know now and when I'm 80 will I think of myself as "elderly"?
    Times are changing.
    Good questions? I'm almost 79, had my first computer in the late 80'ties and may have forgotten more than some 30 year old know (I never worked in an IT type of job, far from it). Have an iPad3 (GM doesn't deliver an iPad with an XTS (which is still on order) in Canada), but do not have a cellphone yet. Go figure!. But 30 year olds are asking me to fix their PC and show them how to work it. If you would ask my right now how to do this or that on a cellphone, I would say, I don't know. But wouldn't be scared to try. So people are as "old" or "illiterate" as they think they are. And some just don't like to learn new stuff or are too lazy to even try or give up to easily. And yes, unfortunately, my brain has slowed down, and even my experience can't always compensate.

Kllrvee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Deville De' Elegance, 2009 Escalade

I am a Cadillac tech at a dealer in Florida. Naples to be precise. Which happens to be the retirement home of the nation. We get people coming in on what seems like an hourly basis that loved their new SRX or XTS a week ago when they bought it, but now want their old cars back. We try our best to explain CUE to them. Unfortunately, most refuse to read their owner's manuals and are just too stubborn to learn anything new. This is the same group of people that puts 3000 miles on their cars a year. The bottom line is that if you didn't grow up in the era of computers, smart phone, I pads, what have you, then you are going to have to spend some time with the car in your driveway on your free time becoming familiar with the car. Because the fact of the matter is that a-this is the future. The days of plain old and regular switchgear and technology as over. Things are becoming advance. To be competitive, Cadillac NEEDED CUE. B-this is also a major attempt at appealing to a younger clientele. People my age(25) want cool stuff like CUE in our sport sedans. It was easy for me. The first time I got into a XTS, it seemed like operating CUE was just second nature. It operates just like my iPad and GS3. And I think that's awesome. So, simply put, don't hate on the car. Be willing to adapt to and learn new technologies or keep your DTS for the rest of your life. I mean, some of these people are almost pissed off because there's no a hand crank sticking out of the grille. Instead we got these darned button contraptions to start the automobiles these days. Damned kids and their rock n roll music and their eight track tapes!

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

I am in my early 60's and bought my first computer back in the early 80's... IMB PC Jr. I took programing and data processing back in the day and can type very fast. I love the new CUE and with its long learning curve that some experience is only a short term issue. I did need to read the manual in some cases but if you take the time to sit and go through the options of the new CUE in your driveway you will start to appreciate all that it can do. I really like the new NAV system and the way it zooms in and out depending on where you are in your route. The voice is much more intuitive i.e. take second right and prepare to turn etc etc. The only small issue I have with the NAV voice is why can't the dang NAV voice say "Route" 104 instead of saying "R-T" 104.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.