How well does CUE upload contacts to its database?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, How well does CUE upload contacts to its database? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; So, I am looking forward to using CUE later this week when I take delivery of my vehicle. Moved from ...
    NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

How well does CUE upload contacts to its database?

So, I am looking forward to using CUE later this week when I take delivery of my vehicle.

Moved from an iPhone to a Galaxy Note II (Android).

So, I suppose I am aiming for responses from Android users, though in the end, the results are probably the same across all phone platforms.

Does CUE do a good job uploading every single contact in your phone? I have about 400 in mine.

Does it list last name/first name? Is there a severe character limit where letters get cut off or does it do a good job of retaining all the characters in most names?

Thank You

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Re: How well does CUE upload contacts to its database?

I have an iPhone 5 and not an Android. However, I am sure that the contacts on your phone will also up load very easily as they did for me on my CUE.

kiboater is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Luxury

I have an Android with 3000 contacts. I know this is huge and when the SRX asked if it could import them I said no because I thought it would choke on them. I use Outlook and then Google to get them to the phone. I finally realized that it was not going to give up and answered yes and it imported them in several minutes over bluetooth. I have not really paid a lot of attention but it appears that it did not import contacts with only a company name. Like the local pizza place since it did not have a person's name, only a company name. It did not appear to truncate any names.

I have been learning all the other functions and haven't paid a lot of attention to the contacts but it will dial the contact if you say "Call Joe Smith". If there are multiple numbers for this contact it will show them and ask work, mobile or home.

There is a big learning curve with the SRX and I am still learning.

Thanks for the photo. Looks like the entire name gets in there.

Sorry to learn that Company names may not.

If there are multiple numbers for this contact it will show them and ask work, mobile or home.
    That's a huge plus. So, if I have several contact numbers under each name it will import that as well. Great!

Just to follow-up to my own original question...

Uploading my contacts was effortless. Took less than 5 minutes once the phone was paired. Quickly figured out that by pressing VIEW more than once alters the way the contacts show up -- either First name or Last Name first.

After two weeks the car "lost" all the contacts. I am in the process of trying to figure out what I can do to get it to reload them. As far as I can tell there is no reset or reload button. It still shows the phone and the contacts list but the list is empty.

I will post when I figure out what to do to get the contacts back.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Kilboater, have you tried deleting the phone and then pairing it again. When you go through the pairing, it should recognize the phone as new and download the contacts again. My wife has an older Motorola phone that will pair, but when she tries to use it she gets a no phone connected message. I have deleted it a few times and each time I pair it the contacts have downloaded. My Samsung works perfectly with the Caddy's bluetooth system. We have another Samsung, although a diffferent model from mine, and tomorrow we are going to try it, after I switch the Sim card over.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

I deleted my iPhone 5 once and then paired it again when the CUE first did not recognize my phone when I got back into the SRX and started it up. It has connected every time since I did that.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Just and update. I downloaded and deleted the wife's Motorola Karma several times. It worked the first time when we picked it up from the dealership, and they walked us through it and tested it, but never again. Each time it downloaded all the contacts, and synced with the car, showed it was connected, but when you tried to make a call handsfree or otherwise, it would just show no phone connected. The system worked fine with my old Samsung rugby. We had a Samsung Flight that was mine, but i didn't like. Put the wife's SIM card in it, paired it with the Caddy, and everything works great. Wife says with the first Social Security check in Feb, that we are both getting new phones. She wants a Samsung Galaxy III, and I don't know. I am rough on phones and the old Rugby has been great. Maybe the Samsung Galaxy Ruby Pro?

st4422 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Black Ice, 2009 CTS DI Thunder Gray

Quote Originally Posted by kiboater View Post
    After two weeks the car "lost" all the contacts. I am in the process of trying to figure out what I can do to get it to reload them. As far as I can tell there is no reset or reload button. It still shows the phone and the contacts list but the list is empty.
    One thing that happened to me was somehow the contacts list got changed from my phone to the vehicle list which was empty. Any possibility that happened to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyman View Post
    Kilboater, have you tried deleting the phone and then pairing it again. When you go through the pairing, it should recognize the phone as new and download the contacts again.
    This fixed it. I deleted the phone from the car and deleted the car from the phone. After I repaired, the car asked the phone for permission to load the contacts. The CUE system does not appear to store the contacts in the car. At least if you go to the car without your cell phone the contacts are no longer there.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by kiboater View Post
    This fixed it. I deleted the phone from the car and deleted the car from the phone. After I repaired, the car asked the phone for permission to load the contacts. The CUE system does not appear to store the contacts in the car. At least if you go to the car without your cell phone the contacts are no longer there.
    Well, I don't have CUE but it would not make sense for it to be storing the contacts. If you added a new contact to your phone how would that new contact become part of the CUE database without having to delete the phone and re-pair it. Most 3rd party bluetooth radio systems download the contact list every time the phone connects. That way the two are always in sync. I can't speak to the CUE model since I don't have it. I'm waiting for you guys to debug it first. LOL!

Stuart MacPherson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have a 2013 lux and a Motorola atrix hd - contacts do NOT load at all. Motorola was particularly unhelpful, but best buy has offered a galaxy II that I hope will work. Anyone with this combo?

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The system actually does save the last list of contacts from the phone that it last downloaded and for security reasons will not let you access them without that phone being connected. The reason for saving the contacts is so that you don't need to wait for the contacts to download again before accessing them. Once the phone connects, it does download the contacts list again in the background to get any changes that may have been made.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.