Which smartphones work best with CUE?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By rebelduke
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Which smartphones work best with CUE? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I've ordered my car and will be upgrading my smartphone in the spring. I'm coming from blackberry and am open ...
    cdp
    cdp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium. Opulent Blue

Which smartphones work best with CUE?

I've ordered my car and will be upgrading my smartphone in the spring. I'm coming from blackberry and am open to iPhone (have an iPad 2), Android, or even Windows 8 phone. I've read so far in this forum that iPhone only streams Pandora through USB connection (not good). For those of you who have your ATS and are integrating a smartphone with CUE, can you tell us what features do or don't work with your phone? I'm inclined to get the phone that seems to work best with this car. Hopefully it will help others too. To make this most useful, please limit posts to specific comments about how specific phones work, or don't work, with CUE. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    My GS3 streamed Pandora through Bluetooth on a showroom ATS. It was not through the Pandora app, though, so I don't think that's what you wanted...

jamboarder is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Which smartphones work best with CUE?

My Galaxy Nexus works pretty well. All the bluetooth stuff - phone, contacts, streaming - works fine for me. The CUE Pandora app works fine with the Android Pandora app on my phone. I haven't yet gotten it to recognize my music collection when connected via USB, but I haven't spent much time fiddling either. (The ATS manual says it should recognize MTP over USB).

cdp

Bump

slepr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD Premium

My Lumia 920 works very well. Easily streams Bluetooth music.

Bob

cdp

Picked up my car yesterday and CUE works well with my Blackberry Torch. Streams Pandora (and sounds surprisingly good), downloaded all my contacts, makes calls. Haven't tried to stream music stored on my phone because I hooked up an old iPod. Even tried the voice command to play a specific artist and it worked perfectly. So far I'm really liking CUE.

rebelduke is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 XTS Premium

My Samsung Galaxy S III paired and loaded my contacts in less than 30 seconds! Easiest pairing I've experienced.
    codeman71 and codeman71 like this.

BreakThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe White, 2014 XTSV-Sport Black

Just got iPhone 5 today. Both pandora and the Bluetooth for phone worked seamlessly.

Festgiven is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 Srx, & A '13 Srx

I have a 5 but I have few problems. 1) when I make a call it automatically goes to the phone and if I try to switch it to the car to quick it switches right back the phone I have to wait till the call connects before I can switch it back to the Bluetooth. 2) if I'm on a call and some one calls me (call waiting) and i hit answer on the phone the audio goes to limbo (even though it say on the phone the audio is going through the Bluetooth) I have to click either speak or phone button then click the button to connect it back to blue tooth on the phone. If I try to click any thing on the screen it locks up. 3) If some one calls me and I answer through the que screen it answers but I have to click hands free button on the screen because the audio will be from the phone. 4) pandora gives me an error some times if mi listening to it then someone calls when they hang up pandora doesn't want to connect back I have to disconnect the cable then connect it back a few times then it may work. I just wind up streaming it through Bluetooth.

Runch Machine is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium, 2013 SRX Premium

The Iphone 5 I have works great with CUE.

kevinr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by Festgiven
    I have a 5 but I have few problems. 1) when I make a call it automatically goes to the phone and if I try to switch it to the car to quick it switches right back the phone I have to wait till the call connects before I can switch it back to the Bluetooth. 2) if I'm on a call and some one calls me (call waiting) and i hit answer on the phone the audio goes to limbo (even though it say on the phone the audio is going through the Bluetooth) I have to click either speak or phone button then click the button to connect it back to blue tooth on the phone. If I try to click any thing on the screen it locks up. 3) If some one calls me and I answer through the que screen it answers but I have to click hands free button on the screen because the audio will be from the phone. 4) pandora gives me an error some times if mi listening to it then someone calls when they hang up pandora doesn't want to connect back I have to disconnect the cable then connect it back a few times then it may work. I just wind up streaming it through Bluetooth.
    What you describe as a bug may actually be a feature.

If you're using an iPhone, note that iOS 5 switches the audio according to which interface you use to answer the call. Use the phone and it switches to the phone. Use the car's 'answer' buttons and it continues to route audio to the car. Haven't tried this with iOS 6 yet, but it definitely worked that way in 5. If you have a headset *and* the car paired (edge case for sure), you can see this in action. You can answer with the headset or with the car and the Bluetooth audio will route accordingly.

I tested the above described behavior in several rental cars and my previous car, an MB C350. Behavior was identical in all tests, so I attribute it to iOS and not the individual car interfaces. Haven't yet tested with CUE, though. If you do, please let us know what happens.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.