Cadillac is taking heat over CUE - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree14Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Cadillac is taking heat over CUE in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; You can discuss anything you want Inspecto. It is a free country, I am just saying you would have a ...
    Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Re: Cadillas is taking heat over CUE

You can discuss anything you want Inspecto. It is a free country, I am just saying you would have a lot more credability if you actually owned a vehicle with the CUE in it. Don't get your panties in a wad.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

You are so right Rippy. Our old 10, I couldn't make it understand anything I said. The 13 follows all my commands without constantly asking me to repeat, or giving the wrong information. So far, I am tuning the radio, making phone calls from the contact list, or by giving it a phone number, and best of all, it takes navigation commands while the vehicle is moving. No more having to be stopped before you can enter a destination. I look forward to learning more as we drive it. You don't need an instruction manual to do just the basics. Our sales person gave us about a 15 minute tutorial on the basic features and we were off, without any problems.

kiboater is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    what makes you think that CUE is hard to learn and not intuitive?
    are you not understanding that it's natural voice recognition means that you don't need to learn commands... you just talk normally and it will figure it out there's nothing to learn
    Rippy:

I am relatively new to Cadillac and this forum. When it comes to Cadillac parts you are probably the ace of the base. Maybe the best parts guy out there.

But when it comes to CUE you don't have a clue.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

telling me i don't know what i'm talking about without saying why isn't very helpful

please enlighten us all ... I welcome the education (part of the reason I'm even here at all)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

kiboater is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Luxury

Chris: To imply that all you need to do with CUE is tell it what you want is simply something that Cadillac may use in their advertising but in reality is not true. It is correct that you can tell CUE to dial a certain radio station, call a number in your contact list or put a destination into the nav system. But it will only do these things 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time it either does not understand or does something else.

But after a phone call you can not tell it to return to the nav screen. You cannot zoom in or out on the nav screen or do anything else to nav except put in destinations. You can not make any changes to heating or ac systems. Any of these things require you to make the changes on the stack which requires you to take your eyes off the road. CUE cannot do anything with Onstar. The manual says it will read text messages but this is not true.

CUE might do lots of these things someday but not today. It is like saying that an electronic parts catalog will let anyone look up parts. It will help a parts guy but it is not going to replace one.

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

After a few more days with CUE I am getting very frustrated with its bugginess, particularly with iPod playback.

I'm not even certain that the Cadillac CUE team is being as helpful as they should be in getting this fixed. I was promised I would be put into one-on-one email contact with a Cadillac rep, and that has yet to happen despite numerous emails to them.

If you have an iPod with a large music library you may not hear the song you selected to play. This is the problem I am having. I select a song and it plays another. After numerous attempts it seems to finally get it right, but is that what we should expect from something installed in a Cadillac?

Also, playlists are not listed by song alphabetically, but by artist. If you have a playlist full of multiple artists, once you select one song and then go back to the playlist, that entire playlist shrinks to just songs by that artist -- not the entire song list (as it should).

I'll concede that perhaps I am missing a setting somewhere, but by default, I am awfully surprised by the way this system is deciding to display music.

And of course, I am not happy that I can't listen to the music on my iPod that I select.

swgyoooo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Premium 3.6 AWD

I think CUE is getting a bad rap here...

I have been driving a 13 SRX Premium for about a week now. BASIC functions work just as easy, or easier than my earlier SRXs. Yes, it is different, but not any harder than learning any other new vehicle.

Now, some of the high tech items...they are a different story. CUE Advocates continue to promise substantial updates in the January timeframe, and I can only hope that the gremlins will finally be deleted from what is otherwise a great system.

And just to head off any comments-I realize there are a lot of people who have been dealing with CUE quirks for a lot longer than me, and that is a bad thing for Cadillac. Let's hope that the "substantial" updates that are around the corner are real and effective.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by swgyoooo View Post
    CUE Advocates continue to promise substantial updates in the January timeframe
    Where did you hear this? I've been trying to find out when we can expect some major updates... to no avail.
    Yplus and Yplus like this.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    I would certainly have to agree with you 100% on that point! I will have to ask around but I do believe that one reason GM's OEM Vendor has put into the CUE the ability to easily look up the software version, is perhaps to be able to better help owners to verify and update future revisions. I would hope that the OEM Vendor will allow for a updates as needed. What I would love to see is the system being able to update through OnStar or perhaps by using your Internet phone service rather having to rely on going to the Dealership to do that.
    I second that!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    Also, maybe they can explain why the SRX buyers did not get an Ipad like the ATS and XTS buyers did. Same system should have the same support.
    Well Canadian buyers of XTS's don't get an iPad and they still have to pay a lot more than the US customer. LOL

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

Cadillac Customer Service:

If you're reading these posts, please pass on the many suggestions presented thus far by frustrated CUE users. Then update them on progress in this area. A lack of communication suggests nothing is being done (even if it is) and decreases past (and future) customer confidence in the product.

I really like the CUE concept, but not the implementation thus far. My experience in the showroom did not knock my socks off with a car that was standing still. At speed, with all the other distractions on the road to manage, I can't imagine it being much better.

Many of the readers of these forums are gathering info to help us make informed decisions toward the purchase of new Cadillacs. I for one, am waiting for GM to get the bugs out of the CUE interface, which is integral to many of the trim levels of the new models. Until then, I'll sit on the sidelines and wait for more positve reviews of CUE. Not from the media, but from owners with real-world experience.

Fix it and they will come.

CC

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Cadillac is taking heat over CUE

As someone who has been speaking with CUE reps, and for the one who is residing here, there is a substantial upgrade coming in January that will address many of the reported bugs. It will not be OTA, meaning you will need to have your vehicle serviced to get the update.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by ccclarke View Post
    Cadillac Customer Service:

If you're reading these posts, please pass on the many suggestions presented thus far by frustrated CUE users. Then update them on progress in this area. A lack of communication suggests nothing is being done (even if it is) and decreases past (and future) customer confidence in the product.

I really like the CUE concept, but not the implementation thus far. My experience in the showroom did not knock my socks off with a car that was standing still. At speed, with all the other distractions on the road to manage, I can't imagine it being much better.

Many of the readers of these forums are gathering info to help us make informed decisions toward the purchase of new Cadillacs. I for one, am waiting for GM to get the bugs out of the CUE interface, which is integral to many of the trim levels of the new models. Until then, I'll sit on the sidelines and wait for more positve reviews of CUE. Not from the media, but from owners with real-world experience.

Fix it and they will come.

CC
    I bought a 2010 SRX which was the first model year for the redesign. It was fraught with problems. I swore after that experience I would never buy another version 1 dot 0 anything. I just knew that this CUE was going to be problematic on the first model it came out on. Due to all the software bugs, I won't be buying another Cadillac anytime soon. Why can't Americans seem to do decent quality assurance on anything? It's this hurry-to-market attitude that is killing us.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.