Cadillac is taking heat over CUE - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Cadillac is taking heat over CUE in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; yeah i've been meaning to say that for a while now i kind of half-figured that the admin team was ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Cadillas is taking heat over CUE

yeah i've been meaning to say that for a while now
    i kind of half-figured that the admin team was going to do it eventually
    but we're already at a point where there's a ton of cue threads all over the place in the xts, ats, and srx forum
    (and other places like the lounge)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

TheCaptain is moving forward on the suggestion.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I will let you guys know when and where (and what) we set up.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Thank you, Sir. Hopefully soon as I have questions about
    CUE I am anxious to get answered.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

The number guy 300.xxx.xx has it right. The new Windows 8 offers the new owner the option of going back to a basic W7 screen and operating system if he/she wants it. No new expensive auto should require anyone to become a slave to a system that they may not want to use. Hello buttons! Remember them? They are the ones that never move and you always know how and where to turn on the A/C or the radio. Where the volume is and where the preset buttons will take you. I am not against the new ideas but to not offer an alternative will turn this new Caddy into a young person's buggy real fast. I hate to tell GM but the young people are not where the money is and they had better start looking at a cheaper line of cars if they are going to promote high tech as their future. Movie editing is just like the computer industry. Why you may ask. Because they both are run by people who are totally familiar with the subject and do not understand what an unfamiliar person's view point is. Have you ever noticed a movie that has been heavily edited where you cannot follow the story? That's because they are so familiar with the script that they can cut almost anything from it and still now what's going on but we can't. The computer guys are the same way. They think a certain way and they have been designing software for so long that they cannot see it from a new comer's view point. CUE is a lot like that and they had better wake up to the fact that most older people are not happy with having to go to school to drive and control their cars. The secret is to have a system that is totally voice activated when desired but have analog back up when a friend or relative uses your car. Can you imagine giving your new SRX to a friend and telling them to read the manual before they drive it? How absurd but that is the direction GM is headed. I think the bottom line is that these infotainment systems are great fun and can be an asset but we should not become the slaves to the high tech masters. GM beware!

Huey Driver is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

inspector, the one flaw in your thinking is that I cannot imagine giving my new SRX to a friend...
    Marc NY and Marc NY like this.

i would tell my friend to hit the voice button and just start talking to it and see what the car can do
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

I hope you both possess real good liability insurance coverage. I can only imagine the confusion when the new driver gets the radio volume when they really wanted A?C temp control. Or when out of the blue the system voice makes a suggestion when the new driver is not aware that there is anyone in the car with them. I do believe that a simple analog on/off switch would be an immense help to new drivers who are more concerned about their own safety than being cool. Using my nifty GPS NAV system today in Atlanta showed me that there really isn't any form of intelligence in the computer just stupid binary on/off switches that lead the system to promote routes that are so ridiculous so as not to be believed. This is an exciting time for us car lovers to be driving but don't get too deep in the total commitment to it. I consider you 2013 SRX owners the pioneers of GM's new direction and your feedback will be crucial to the development and improvement to it. I only hope the bean counters will listen to you.

anyone can manage to test drive these death traps of technology
    Ponyman and Ponyman like this.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    anyone can manage to test drive these death traps of technology

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

inspectorudy....

WELL SAID!!!!! I agree, the CUE in my opinion is not what they thought it would be.....

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Perhaps if either of you actually owned a car with CUE in it, you would be more qualified to comment. While I haven't even begun to scratch the capabilities, I am VERY happy with the features I have used, and look forward to exploring the system more. Of course that may not be possible, considering that I am one of those unfortunate souls just a breath from death's door that Sube was describing. However, I am able to program my own DVR ( used to be VCR), and feel that with the help of others on this board that have and use CUE that I will muddle through. Just like the 13 is a drastic improvement over the 10's, 11's, and 12's, the future CUE system will improve and be better. If nobody had bought the 10's there likely wouldn't have been later models. Same still goes for the advanced features and electronics.
    Marc NY and Marc NY like this.

Perhaps if either of you actually owned a car with CUE in it, you would be more qualified to comment.
    I am in agreement. I think the most valued opinions come from the owners.

Yes, there are some learning curves to this system, though if you are an iPhone/iPad/Android user you probably will pick it up immediately.

For the most part, I really like the CUE system. It's certainly miles ahead of any other similar technology I have experienced. There are still some minor things I wish they did better -- and I am still struggling with problems with the right songs being played on my iPod -- but I would still take CUE over the prior system I had in my 2010 SRX.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyman View Post
    Perhaps if either of you actually owned a car with CUE in it, you would be more qualified to comment. While I haven't even begun to scratch the capabilities, I am VERY happy with the features I have used, and look forward to exploring the system more. Of course that may not be possible, considering that I am one of those unfortunate souls just a breath from death's door that Sube was describing. However, I am able to program my own DVR ( used to be VCR), and feel that with the help of others on this board that have and use CUE that I will muddle through. Just like the 13 is a drastic improvement over the 10's, 11's, and 12's, the future CUE system will improve and be better. If nobody had bought the 10's there likely wouldn't have been later models. Same still goes for the advanced features and electronics.
    I don't think you read my statement very carefully because I said that it was a great system that you '13 owners will pave the way for the future mods to it. I also said that there should be a non-owners switch that would allow someone not familiar with CUE to easily drive the car ie a rental car. What you do to learn your car's system is your time and effort but to my knowledge there have been no production autos made that required a training course before a driver could use it. I am sure that once you all get real familiar with your cars you will be grinning from ear to ear and will be proud to show off all the new tricks it can do. I still maintain that GM is making a mistake by not offering an alternative simpler system for those who do not live and die by their Iphones/Ipads/Ipods. BTW, if we non '13 owners are not allowed to comment then does that mean that my doctor has to get cancer before he can treat my cancer?

what makes you think that CUE is hard to learn and not intuitive?

are you not understanding that it's natural voice recognition means that you don't need to learn commands... you just talk normally and it will figure it out

there's nothing to learn

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.