Cadillac is taking heat over CUE - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Cadillac is taking heat over CUE in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hey Everyone! Just went from a 2010 SRX lease to a 2013. The big factor in staying with Cadillac was ...
    NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Cadillas is taking heat over CUE

Hey Everyone!

Just went from a 2010 SRX lease to a 2013.

The big factor in staying with Cadillac was CUE.

Now to read that it might not be everything it's cracked up to be is a bit disheartening.

I take delivery of my vehicle at the end of the week.....

Should I expect problems with CUE? Is it not totally refined as of yet? If it isn't, hopefully it can be fixed via software upgrades rather than hardware whose benefits I won't see until my next lease in another 3 years.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Well I have to say for me the CUE is an awesome feature to have! Yes it does take some getting used to in how it responds and or operates and some may feel it is a little bit slow or sluggish. However, I find it to be the blend of the best response time that one can or should expect from that type of technology. Why because when your hand goes to the touch screen as one is driving it is very easy to miss point your finger and hit the wrong area by mistake and if the screen was too fast of a response you might be more aggravated by having to back out and start over again. I find that a slight momentary hesitation to be the best of both worlds. You get the hepatic feedback confirming your selection while you also see the background of the icon you have selected turn red also helping to confirm your selection. Unfortunately those that are in a hurry or rush as most of us are get slightly annoyed with the momentary hesitation that the CUE sometimes exhibits.

I find so far the new NAV is quite awesome too. The NAV screen actually moves in and out depending on your programed destination. It will move outward when the screen splits to give the driver a better view and then it will zoom in towards ... say your exit so the driver can view the exit more precisely to know better of the turn they have to negotiate. I think that is a super feature to be able to have... watching the NAV screen zoom in and out is one amazing feature to see indeed!

Still waiting on delivery of my vehicle but continuing to read all about it.

One of the things I am rather disappointed about in CUE, at least in the SRX, is the fact that it's being done half-assed compared to other vehicle(s).

The SRX isn't getting the cool animated display. I don't know why the engineers didn't go all-out to provide the same cool functionality exists in other models.

Guess that will be updated in the 2014 SRX.

The lack of the "FULL" version of the CUE in DIC (Drivers Information Center) on the SRX has been discussed many times. It appears that no one has a real reason just yet why that was not made available ... perhaps there was a size/ design reason why it was only offered on the XTS Cadillac and not the ATS or SRX.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Also, maybe they can explain why the SRX buyers did not get an Ipad like the ATS and XTS buyers did. Same system should have the same support.

That's a great question, although I would have probably opted not to get the iPad and negotiate something close to its worth in exchange.

Does Cadillac really need to charge us more so they can give everyone who buys their vehicles an iPad?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i wonder why nobody talks about the natural voice recognition

seems to me that there's no reason to touch the screen if it can understand anything you say
    (and therefore no reason to complain about how the screen is slow)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Like to know how "real" that natural voice recognition is.

Seems to me, that everything with voice recognition must have fixed commands.

To go off script, and just say something somewhat relatable and expect CUE to work seems a bit far-fetched.

However, I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know.

Would love to hear from people that use CUE daily. Can you just say something like, "play xm radio channel 37" or "turn up passenger temperature to 75 degrees"?

have you ever used something like siri on an iPhone?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Rippy,

That's an excellent point, and I admit I am at a loss of argument on that.

Siri is pretty darn good in deciphering off-the-cuff commands.

Is CUE equally as good? I am just looking at some real-world feedback.

Good response.

as far as I know CUE is basically like siri in how it recognizes voice and language

maybe Marc or one of the others with a 2013 can comment

Yes RippyPartsDept gentleman above is correct... it reacts a lot like my SIRI on my iPhone and you can select a destination and or a station i.e. XM #16 by voice recognition.

BTW: I located a PDF file for those that may want to read up on CUE and or look up a specefic section to better fimiliaze themselves with the operation of CUE.

http://www.cadillac.com/content/dam/..._manual_v1.pdf

Marc,

Thank you for that link. Already have that file saved and will look it over.

I have the CUE iPad app which has helped out immensely. I set it on EXPERT mode (with goals) and I was amazed how easy it was to figure out how to use it with very little instruction. Mind you, I am an avid iPad and Android user and CUE incorporates a lot of the same intuitive menus and gestures into its platform.

The elderly, however, will not find it easy. Spoke to an elderly couple who was in for service while I was negotiating a deal, and they said they found CUE very difficult to use.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

January issue of Automobile magazine has a comparison test of CUE and 5 other infotainment systems.
    Myford touch ,Audi MMI touch , Toyota Entune, BMW iDrive, Hyundai Blue Link. Looks like they are all a work in process.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Oh No! I can just see the guy next to me at the red light arguing with his CUE over some personal issue! It's gotten bad enough in the men's room where it sounds like the guy in the next stall is talking to you but in reality is on his phone. Now it will appear that SRX drivers have lost their minds.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.