Maybe not the CUE per se? Platinum curse?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Maybe not the CUE per se? Platinum curse? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I am again driving a loaner. I have had XTS Platinum in several times to dealer. Problems have been with ...
    ra0007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Maybe not the CUE per se? Platinum curse?

I am again driving a loaner. I have had XTS Platinum in several times to dealer. Problems have been with CUE, ie: keeping phone paired, navigation system, voice recognition, etc. Three days ago, the CUE system broke down completely. CUE would start to intiate, then icons would come up, then would go black, then screen would come up in computer block letters saying "system initializing", then it would eventually go to icons, which again would not work. It's like it's caught in a loop and can't reboot.

Dealer service says diagnostics showed losts of defaults in old stack and none in new stack, but problem remains.

On top of that, while the radio works, it tends to go out when the CUE goes black. The backup camera also goes out.

Dealer who claims to have been in contact with Cadillac has had my car in several times and even replaced the "stack", which I assume is the center computer system. That has not changed anything. So, they don't seem to know what to do. They still have my car and say the earliest the Cadillac service rep will be in town is next week. So, that will be at least 9-10 days I haven't had my car in the 56 days I have owned it.

Has anybody had similar problem and if so, please relate, so I could tell my dealer what to do before Cadillac gets around to getting back to them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Engelman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Re: Maybe not the CUE per se? Platinum curse?

It is my personal feeling that if they have to start pulling your car apart to replace things, keeping in mind that this is a new, $60,000+ car, and everything you say is true, they should just give you another new car. This would go a long way in promoting good customer relations, and, standing behind your product......

ra0007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

After 8 days in shop, I picked up my car. A Cadillac Cue engineer came to dealer and quickly diagnosed that a new controller interface was needed. While CUE is now working, there are still some problems with voice recognition and phone contacts. (I've re-paired phone, CUE recognizes contacts, but while VR works with numbers, it won't work with name tags. Name tags work fine from touch screen.) I'm not totally happy yet, but feel lucky to have car, most of which is great. I'll keep trying.

I believe the car can be an exceptional car. While my experience with CUE has not been great, I expect I may be in the minority.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

I can feel your pain!. My 2003 STS had voice control problems: pressing the button would only work 4 out of 10 times when starting the car. It sometimes would work if I shut down the engine and re-started it. They replaced the button twice, replaced the whole unit, replaced the board, took the whole Steering column apart. The manager of the company responsible for this stuff even had my car for 3 weeks while I was on holidays and they discussed the problem with with the engineer who developed this item. Unable to fix it. Cadillac offerred an "unspecified" discount if I would trade the car for a newer model. I liked the car otherwise and finally just gave up. If my yet to be delivered new XTS platinum shows the same problems and they can't fix it the first time round, it goes back. Period.

Robs2013xts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have the same issue. The dealer returned mine this morning after 2 weeks waiting for "a GM Engineer" to come out. They say they replaced the center console and the interface module. It still does the same things. They were able to update the maps so the GPS works better. My main issue is that when you answer a phone call, it connects in hands free for a couple seconds and then switches to the handset. It defaults the purpose of having a Bluetooth phone connection when you have to push buttons on the console to switch the call back to the car. I am pairing with an iPhone. It also does some funny things. For example, you cannot turn on the passenger heated seats. You get the haptic feedback, but nothing happens. However, if you hit the driver side heated seat button once, which appears to do nothing, it then unlocks the passenger control. It is like a secret code. Seems to only be a problem with the Platinum version. I drove a Premium for 2 weeks with no issues. I guess I wait for a patch and them bring it back it. Is this what I get for buying American???

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Robs2013xts
    I have the same issue. The dealer returned mine this morning after 2 weeks waiting for "a GM Engineer" to come out. They say they replaced the center console and the interface module. It still does the same things. They were able to update the maps so the GPS works better. My main issue is that when you answer a phone call, it connects in hands free for a couple seconds and then switches to the handset. It defaults the purpose of having a Bluetooth phone connection when you have to push buttons on the console to switch the call back to the car. I am pairing with an iPhone. It also does some funny things. For example, you cannot turn on the passenger heated seats. You get the haptic feedback, but nothing happens. However, if you hit the driver side heated seat button once, which appears to do nothing, it then unlocks the passenger control. It is like a secret code. Seems to only be a problem with the Platinum version. I drove a Premium for 2 weeks with no issues. I guess I wait for a patch and them bring it back it. Is this what I get for buying American???
    No, this is what you get for buying a brand new technology with the CUE system. It's a gamble buying a first year ( or first few months ) product. It's great to be first on the block with new toys but no matter brand or country that builds them there will always be first year gremlins for a brand new product.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Ra0007 & Robs2013xts, I'm so sorry to hear you've been experiencing these frustrations! Please email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you would like me to investigate further for you and document your concerns.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.