Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cadillac CUE GOOD NEWS

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  flying fossil 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi forum members.
I am reading tons of horror stories on the CUE system, so much so that I am strongly considering cancelling my order for the Premium Edition.

Does anyone have any good news or success stories to share in this regard.

I can't believe that Cadillac is just sitting by and not doing something positive for us.

Thanks for your good news responses. (Hope there are some)

#2 ·
The only issue I have is the contact list that is being picked up from my cell phone jumbles some of the names up. It's no big deal to me I can still tell who Iam looking at on the list.
I have added all my contacts manually to CUE and I have no problems with the voice recognition that way. I don't beleive the names on my cell phone contact list can be activated by voice recognition and they are not meant to be. Only contacts that have been manually added to CUE are voice recognized. I have a plain 2 month old LG cell phone and calls are clear and never dropped by CUE. I'm happy.

#7 ·
I don't beleive the names on my cell phone contact list can be activated by voice recognition and they are not meant to be. Only contacts that have been manually added to CUE are voice recognized. I have a plain 2 month old LG cell phone and calls are clear and never dropped by CUE. I'm happy.
My iPhone contact list works. However you have to go to Navigation > Destination > Contacts then you need to select your phone's contacts from a list (my list shows the entered contacts and the iPhone list.

Hope this helps

#3 ·
Hello,

I too have read all the negative comments and complaints regarding the CUE system. I've had a few problems but for the most part the system and especially the voice recognition works. I have not experienced the radio volume increase or Bluetooth problems many have complained about. The one problem I had among others is that the outside temperature was always 63 degrees on the upper left CUE screen.
I took my Premium in to have the ON-Star Emergency Notification software update performed as per a letter I received from the G.M. Mother Ship last month. When the Service Rep at the dealership put my VIN in the system a dozen TSBs came up, all but one pertaining to the CUE. The sent me home in a ATS and called me 3 hours later that the car was ready for pickup. Picked it up next day thinking I would have to reprogram everything but that was not the case. All worked as it did before.

I wish CUE had a few more buttons or knobs versus all the tactile feedback. There is a learning curve to get the most out of CUE and the fact you must often divert attention from driving to interact with the CUE screen can be dicey at times. Nevertheless, the more I use it, the more I like it. I'm a techie, early adopter so I look at CUE as a useful gadget. If I were buying the car again (knowing what I know now) I might have gotten the luxury model as I only use one of the instrument displays. I would also have lost the Navigation and gone with On Star Turn by Turn directions instead.

Hope this helps and good luck with whatever your decide. The car by the way is great! It blows away the ATS loaner I got and is simply a better, quieter and smoother ride then my 2008 loaded STS which the wife now drives.

Happy Turkey day,

Pete

#4 ·
Your last sentence were my exact feelings too. Just remember that if you want to keep the turn by turn from Onstar, you will have to keep an active subscription. Your point about diverting your attention from the road is true too. That's when those 5 red LED lights start to flash on the windshield!!

#5 ·
I have problems with the volume going to my iPhone 5 headset rather than car speakers when answering the phone. That just means I have to touch the screen twice instead of once when answering a call. Once to answer and again for the headset feature. Hardly a reason not to buy a beautiful car that rides like a dream. The reverse tilt mirrors also don't work properly 100% of the time. Again, not a big deal. I just turned the feature off until its convenient for me to have it looked at.

Cadillac has always taken care of my problems and treated me better than any other manufacturer. So, I will give them the opportunity to fix the little quirks on an otherwise great car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.