Cue Wishlist/Fix/Refinement thread - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Cue Wishlist/Fix/Refinement thread in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Informative, thank you. I had previously read the Engadget article which also talks about future implementations of Cue having some ...
    bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Re: Cue Wishlist/Fix/Refinement thread

Informative, thank you.

I had previously read the Engadget article which also talks about future implementations of Cue having some form of knobs/buttons added as opposed to touch only inputs.

I have to say I wish some things were physical knobs/buttons, like volume & seat heaters to name a few.

Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    nice, at least that's a bit more (and more accurate) info than the wired blurb that the news bot posted about yesterday
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ate-laggy.html
    Thanks for the link. Here's my version of the article:

"Blah blah blah blah ....Siri Eye Free through steering wheel button...."
    Yeeesssss!!
    "...blah blah blah ....Loaner Car...."

Uhm, CTS-V Wagon maybe considering the few months I've spent relearning how to safely drive a car without Siri?

Still no mention of the CUE App Store or how we would get 3rd part apps on CUE??

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by Yplus View Post
    Still no mention of the CUE App Store or how we would get 3rd part apps on CUE??
    Based on the documentation on developer.gm.com I can almost positively say that we will not be getting apps in this update. In-Vehicle Apps aren't going to be supported until MY 2014 vehicles in late 2013. Then they will have to update MY 2013 vehicles to support the new app store, etc. Based on the forums on that site, it seems like this is in the plans (i.e., MY 2013 vehicles will not be left out) but I don't think it's priority 1 (which is get the app store, etc working for MY 2014 vehicles).

Johnfran is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Premium

When on a trip be nice to see just the rest areas on your ROUTE instead of all in the area.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I am asking about some of your user experience with the favorite bars and how to get it to go up or down. Today I and my wife and my daughter all tried to swipe anywhere on the big screen to get the favorites bar to do anything. I got it to come up while swiping the left side of the screen but the only way to get it to go back to one row of favorites was by swiping directly on the down arrow head in the center of the top of the favorites bar. No matter who or where we tried it would not budge unless the actual arrow head was contacted. I was led to believe that any up or down swipe would make the favorites bar respond. This became a big issue in Downtown Atlanta while using the Nav to locate a rental hall and when the hand movement row comes into play along with a double row of favorites there is no Nav screen left to look at. We missed our turn and had to circle back because the screen was totally obstructed with unwanted crap. I tried using the HOME button and then Nav but immediately I got two rows of favorites and the hand motion row and only a one inch nav screen. Folks there has to be a solution to this madness. I have a car that fights me on almost every issue unless I change my entire way of thinking. The favorites bar that I love has to have a dedicated on/off button so that it can be activated or deleted when it is necessary. And the hand motion sensor needs an owner time limit adjustment like my cable box info setting. What I realized this weekend was that if you are doing what you do on an everyday basis then this CUE system is fine but when you are doing something that requires a new quick approach this thing needs work. One idea I had during my NAV debacle is that when there is a navigation maneuver coming up that the Nav screen should delete everything but the nav info. Try it yourself and see what happens during an intown heavy traffic maneuver and the screen has two rows of favorites and the hand motion row. There is no Nav screen left and there is no quick way to clear it that I know of. Man I hope the update has some answers.

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I learned that you have to press harder than you might otherwise think you have to in order to get the screen to recognize you are touching it. I have an Ipad and Iphone and you have to press harder on the CUE screen than you do on an ipad. I have experienced the issue of the screen not clearing for a couple of minutes after your hand is removed from the area. I don't have any suggestions for that.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    Informative, thank you.

I had previously read the Engadget article which also talks about future implementations of Cue having some form of knobs/buttons added as opposed to touch only inputs.

I have to say I wish some things were physical knobs/buttons, like volume & seat heaters to name a few.
    As to volume, a) I don't have an issue with the physical bar below the CUE screen which I can find "blind" just like the physical nob on my previous STS and b) there are still two physical buttons for volume "up" and "down" right on the steering wheel - at least on my XTS. And that bar gives my younger wife, riding in the passenger seat, the same control as the previous nob in turning down the volume, so that my "old" ears have some difficulty to hear the music. Maybe I should have said "unfortunately". LOL.

As to seat heaters, the "touch" buttons on my XTS works just a good as the more physical buttons on my STS, and I usually set the seat heater prior to putting the car into gear, so I don't have a problem. The same goes for the seat A/C which were not even available on my 03 STS, so I am looking forward to those in the summer.

But that's me and even at age 78 I have no problem to adapt to different ways - after all, it's impossible to please everyone - , but I do respect the views of others. It could also be the case that "virtual" buttons may be easier to control via changable software than hard wired buttons. But I am not an expert on such. For example, CUE could probably programmed to start the heater in low, medium or high via a user preset, rather than touching that virtual button more than once - I'm not suggesting this as a "wish", this is just an example. Another example may be the available setting for maximum start-up volume on page 98 of the CUE manual, although I am not sure if this could just as easily be implemented with a hard wired nob.

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Coming from a 2010 SRX to a 2013 I was very surprised to see a major feature missing from CUE (or at least I haven't found it)....

The ability to buffer content so that you can rewind/fast-forward radio music/content that you want to hear again.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by NJRonbo View Post
    Coming from a 2010 SRX to a 2013 I was very surprised to see a major feature missing from CUE (or at least I haven't found it)....

The ability to buffer content so that you can rewind/fast-forward radio music/content that you want to hear again.
    I think it's called timeshift and it's available on the ATS. I don't know why it wouldn't be on your SRX? Make sure it's enabled in the settings.

Oh...it's something that needs to be turned on in settings?

I will look for it and report back. I don't remember seeing it, initially, and I do know that some aspects of CUE is quite different in each vehicle.

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

It's in there, my wife has an SRX and it has the timeshift feature.

I do not have an issue with any of the "Touch" buttons but the way each is touched does not get the same results each time. I have tapped the up down arrow on the screen when a selection is required and sometimes it jumps one or two spots and other times it will not move. Volume is fine with both the wheel control and the slide control on the console. I guess my concern is that the effort to do many things on the CUE menu is not consistent and requires more attention sometimes than is necessary. I think that it would be nice to have virtual or fixed buttons for "Back", "Favorites" and the hand motion menu bar. With these buttons you could display them or eliminate them with the same button. Also, sometimes I get the haptic feedback and other times I don't but the input still works. Why?

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by NJRonbo View Post
    Oh...it's something that needs to be turned on in settings?

I will look for it and report back. I don't remember seeing it, initially, and I do know that some aspects of CUE is quite different in each vehicle.
    Yep, when listening to the radio and in the audio application, tap the Menu button in the lower right corner of the screen. Then you can tap the Timeshift item to toggle it on. It'll then start buffering just like you were using in your 2010 SRX. Also, similar to the function in the CTS, when listening to XM or to HD Radio, if you tap the skip back or skip forward, it'll skip to the beginning of the song, or if it's regular FM or AM radio, it'll skip in 30 sec increments.

Codeman,

That's great to hear that such an important feature has been included with CUE.

Thank You.

Can this be the future of CUE?
    http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=39089
    I hope it's not voice activated or else it may go on vacation without you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.