Cue Wishlist/Fix/Refinement thread - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Cue Wishlist/Fix/Refinement thread in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; interesting little twist...
    RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Cue Wishlist/Fix/Refinement thread

interesting little twist
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Sir CussFreq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Raven Black ATS

Sounds like that may be an issue with CUE not accepting contacts that don't have a phone number associated... Although I can't say for sure whether that's CUE not accepting them, or if iOS simply isn't pushing them. Good to know that's a requirement, though.

Side note, I finally got around to disconnecting my ipod, and confirmed that I was finally able to use voice commands to call contacts. I'm bummed that I can't really use my ipod, though. As a temporary fix, how about an option to disable media indexing on ipods / iphones? I don't care that much about not being able to pull up media by voice commands for the time being, though that's with the assumption that the indexing issues will be resolved sooner than later.

jreihsen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

Cody:
    So, to summarize my contact issue: Contacts from an iPhone 4s with iOS 6 with no phone numbers will not be seen in the navigation's list. Even if they have a full physical address.

Now, to be entirely fair, this is probably an iOS issue. Also it seems pretty trivial, granted the fact that I have the phone with the contact's address in the car.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

On the very importing indexing issue still being addressed, anyone know whether the iTunes folder (which iTunes placed in my Music Folder on my computer which also appears to cache all music files) is needed on my SD card in my car and would deleting that folder on the SD car speed up indexing or does CUE need data from this folder? Doubt it as there are no mp3 or the like files in the folder. On the other hand could the iTunes Music Library.xml file be used by CUE to speed up indexing?. It took over 40 minutes for me to finally be able to put an artist on a favorite button and not being told that it is still indexing.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Regarding this indexing issue: Maybe I'm just lucky but it seems like my car isn't re-indexing every time? I'm using a 64 GB microSD card (with adapter) formatted as NTFS with about 6k songs on it. Every time I add or delete songs it takes about 10-15 minutes to re-index. However once that happens, I leave the SD card in the car and when I start it up, all of the songs and playlists are immediately available. It usually takes the full 10-15 minutes (when it is re-indexing) to see the playlists.

So I'm not sure if I'm just lucky, or if it's the fact that I'm using an SD card, or that it's formatted as NTFS, or what not... but this appears to be working!

PS: When I originally was testing the 64 GB microSD card... it wasn't being recognized by CUE... but my 32 GB microSD card was. I ended up swapping the adapters and it worked. Not sure why, but the adapter that came with the 64 GB microSD card wasn't working in CUE... but it did work in my computer. So keep that in mind if you're having issues.

@ danscrim

I just posted the following (see link below) which is very much related to the issue and I indicated there my brief experience and it may also explain the issue of your 64GB card experience which has to be an SDXC version as any of the others only support up to 32GB as far as I know. (Micro/mini/standard refer to physical size not space as far as I know)

The more I am trying to look into the iTunes folder the more questions I have. There is certainly a lot in it which may not be needed including video info, just noted iTunes actually also copied all my video files (in a different format - m4v) from my Video folder into the iTunes folder but I am not sure if such delays the indexing or not. e.g. is CUE simply ignoring the CACHE, movies, etc. and only looks up the data in the iTunes files which has the playlists and of course also indexes every music file.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-transfer.html

From my very brief experience (only have the car for a few days), there seems to be a difference between viewing via CUE data on the SD card and selecting a song, etc. and the indexing aspect required for placing something on a favorite button etc. After putting the CD card in and selecting it, I was immediately able to search for an artist, etc. select and play music, including playing music from the card via Shuffle, but I was not able to place that artist on a favorite button because indexing was not completed.

At this stage I am only guessing as to what actions requires the time consuming indexing at every start of the car v/s playing a song from the card. Reading Cody's comments I am sure the CUE people are looking into the indexing "time problem" to provide a fix which it certainly needs.

@CDN XTS

Thanks for the link. First off... if you're on Windows... click Alt. Go to View -> Show Status Bar to display the bottom bar with the number of songs.

Secondly, yes CUE does support Video. I haven't gotten it to work yet so I'm unsure if it is just in park (I assume so) or also available when the vehicle is just not in motion (kind of useless anyway). If I get that working, I'll let you know.

Thirdly, next time I update the songs on the device and I know it is indexing I will attempt to save an artist as a favorite and let you know how it goes.

Lastly, you're right... micro definitely is just the physical size (not capacity). That's why I needed the adapter to play it. My 64 GB SD Card is a SDXC card, but as someone else on another thread previously mentioned... it's generally the default format (exFAT) that is not compatible. When formatted as NTFS it usually works (which it does for me). It's just weird that it only works in one of the microSD adapters. No idea why.

Thanks for all the great info!

I finally got to take CUE for a short road trip - ~3.5 hours each way. Had a couple quirks... First, since it's on topic, the ipod indexing - I plugged my ipod in about halfway through on the way there, and left it plugged in. On the way back, after 2 hours of driving pressing the voice commands button still said 'device initializing'.

The other annoying quirk was when we were streaming Pandora over bluetooth. We wanted to switch to my friend's phone to access his Pandora mixes, so we paired his device and that worked perfectly... After a while I wanted to reconnect my phone for some reason or another, so we went back to the phones page. With Pandora still playing through his phone, I clicked my device (previously paired) and the music stopped. His phone said the bluetooth connection was dead, but CUE still said it was connected. There was no prompt to disconnect. I tried clicking the X on his device, and the prompt to disconnect came up, but CUE never released the connection. Tried everything else we could think of, but couldn't do anything with bluetooth until I had the opportunity to shut the car down and let CUE reboot.

Did not have the opportunity to do more tests (like whether or not the same issue would have occurred if I'd clicked the X to disconnect his device before clicking my device, or if the issue is even replicable by following the same steps...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir CussFreq View Post
    I finally got to take CUE for a short road trip - ~3.5 hours each way. Had a couple quirks... First, since it's on topic, the ipod indexing - I plugged my ipod in about halfway through on the way there, and left it plugged in. On the way back, after 2 hours of driving pressing the voice commands button still said 'device initializing'.
    Just be careful with this. Depending upon what type of phone you have, this could be caused by a bug unrelated to indexing your iPod. For example.... I have a an SD card and iPod plugged in and even when they are fully indexed my car will ALWAYS say "Device Initializing...". I believe this bug, which causes a never ending "Device Initialization," affects Android users (only? I believe?) when connected through Bluetooth. Cody has confirmed this as a nasty bug that has been addressed in the next CUE update.

So it very well could have been your iPod, but 2 hours seems like a reallllllly long time to index a device. So I wouldn't be surprised if you were encountering this bug.

True, I'm not positive what's happening in the background... But as long as I unplug the ipod prior to starting the car, the 'device initializing' prompt goes away fairly quickly. If it's plugged in when I start, even if I later unplug it, I never seem to get rid of that device initializing message.

Quote Originally Posted by danscrim View Post
    @CDN XTS

Thanks for the link. First off... if you're on Windows... click Alt. Go to View -> Show Status Bar to display the bottom bar with the number of songs. <Thanks have 2905 songs.>

Secondly, yes CUE does support Video. I haven't gotten it to work yet so I'm unsure if it is just in park (I assume so) or also available when the vehicle is just not in motion (kind of useless anyway). If I get that working, I'll let you know. < someone else said it works "sometimes" - Personally I don't wont video in the car, even it parked, Can alwasy use my iPad >

Thirdly, next time I update the songs on the device and I know it is indexing I will attempt to save an artist as a favorite and let you know how it goes. <tried again - only works after indexing completed - see my rather long further post in my previously posted link >

Lastly, you're right... micro definitely is just the physical size (not capacity). That's why I needed the adapter to play it. My 64 GB SD Card is a SDXC card, but as someone else on another thread previously mentioned... it's generally the default format (exFAT) that is not compatible. When formatted as NTFS it usually works (which it does for me). It's just weird that it only works in one of the microSD adapters. No idea why. < so CUE can actually use SDXC cards - just don't know why such info for both SD and USB port specification have not been documented in the manual nor advised elsewhere, say the Caddy website.>

Thanks for all the great info! < you are welcome, let's help each other, that why I like this forum >
    See my reply imbedded in red in the qoute.

watstud is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Wow this thread is awesome. Unfortunately, GM support is Canada is less than helpful with CUE issues, but I've read through the thread and its great to see a direct link to the team. I'm a software developer myself, so its awesome to have a direct line to developers.

I have two issues, that I'm hoping will be corrected:

1. No MTP support. Unfortunately, my RAZR HD with Jelly Bean no longer supports mass media mode for the internal card, and CUE doesn't recognize the phone in MTP mode. Any idea whether this will be supported? This is the way of the future for most android phones unfortunately.

2. CUE can't display album art from AAC files on USB/android phones even though it is embedded. The files are downloaded from iTunes directly, and I've confirmed with other programs that the album art is embedded in the file. CUE will not display them (though itunes files show album art if you are using an apple device).

Congrats on building an impressive system. Even with these quirks, I'm very happy with it.

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by watstud View Post
    Wow this thread is awesome. Unfortunately, GM support is Canada is less than helpful with CUE issues, but I've read through the thread and its great to see a direct link to the team. I'm a software developer myself, so its awesome to have a direct line to developers.

I have two issues, that I'm hoping will be corrected:

1. No MTP support. Unfortunately, my RAZR HD with Jelly Bean no longer supports mass media mode for the internal card, and CUE doesn't recognize the phone in MTP mode. Any idea whether this will be supported? This is the way of the future for most android phones unfortunately.

2. CUE can't display album art from AAC files on USB/android phones even though it is embedded. The files are downloaded from iTunes directly, and I've confirmed with other programs that the album art is embedded in the file. CUE will not display them (though itunes files show album art if you are using an apple device).

Congrats on building an impressive system. Even with these quirks, I'm very happy with it.
    Thanks so much for the compliment. It is really appreciated, and we hope to be able to keep improving the system to make the experience even better.

1. I do not believe MTP support is currently being worked on, but it could be. We used to have MTP in our previous systems when Windows PlaysForSure devices were prevalent, along with Zune, but with the death of both of those, we elected to drop it. But, if that's how Android phones are going, I'll try to bring it up to get it back in. Thanks for the tip!

2. I'm not sure about the album art for the AAC files. I'll also check into this one. I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work so we'll see!

Thanks again,
    Cody

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Looks like an update in early March, good info posted at the link below.
    http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...g-soon-116177/

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

nice, at least that's a bit more (and more accurate) info than the wired blurb that the news bot posted about yesterday
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ate-laggy.html
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.