Cue Wishlist/Fix/Refinement thread - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Cue Wishlist/Fix/Refinement thread in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Will double check how it is stored in the IPOD NANO. It did recognize 'PLAY WHO' when I tried on ...
    lurshy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX, 2013 ATS 2.0T Lux

Re: Cue Wishlist/Fix/Refinement thread

Will double check how it is stored in the IPOD NANO. It did recognize 'PLAY WHO' when I tried on another occasion.

If I did cut it off will it was initially indexing, would indexing complete subsequently or do I need to uninstall and reinstall the device to get it reindexed?

Thanks for the Reply!

kimbo1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS-4

Re: Cue Wishlist/Fix/Refinement thread: Time & Tem on DIC

Need the option to display both outside termperature and Time on the DIC. Even nicer would be option to display outside temperature on the Head Up Display.

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If you tried speaking while it was indexing, it would still continue in the background. It unfortunately has to index every ignition cycle to look for any new content on the device, so there will be a short amount of time after you start the car that you may have to wait before asking for media content from the iPod.

Runch Machine is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium, 2013 SRX Premium

I've had a frusterating problem come up with CUE and the favorites buttons. I have about 1300 songs on an SD card. I store on the buttons the Genre of Pop and Rock, a Playlist and about 4 artists that I like. It's great being able to press a button marked Chicago or The Eagles and listen to songs from those groups. 3 times in the last 5 days the buttons with those items stored on them have reverted back to being blank, they show their number as before anything is saved to them. In addition after I reloaded the buttons last night and turning off the car, when I started the car again, though the buttons were still labeled they stayed grayed out even after several minutes except for the one button with the play list on it. I reloaded one of the buttons with an artist, which worked, but the other buttons with artists or Genres never become lit.

For those of you having problems with the indexing taking a long time, I used to have that problem where it would take 10-15 minutes before the favorite buttons would work with SD card items. I used to have 3 playlists on the SD card, two with about 200 songs in them and one with about 1200 songs. I found that when the playlist with 1200 songs was not on the SD card, that it would index in about a minute. I don't know why that would be, but I tested the SD card with and without 3 times and that made the difference.

Any advice on my button problem would be appreciated.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

the more songs on your device, the longer it will take to index the file names and tag info for voice recognition

not sure about your button issue
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

lurshy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX, 2013 ATS 2.0T Lux

Quote Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
    If you tried speaking while it was indexing, it would still continue in the background. It unfortunately has to index every ignition cycle to look for any new content on the device, so there will be a short amount of time after you start the car that you may have to wait before asking for media content from the iPod.
    It definetly responds to 'Play Who', does not match 'Play The Who', 'The Who' is listed within the device with 2 Albums (lol I have about >10 on vinyl that I haven't listened to in years), and 'The Who' is displayed on screen.

hmmm.

Will tool around a bit more and let you know if I spot anything else...

Overall very impressed as navigating around a 2000 album/song index manually while driving is really not an option.

Fun conversation:

'Play Yes'
    'Do you want to Play Yes?'
    'Yes'

redundant but gets the job done ;-0

Need to get into a who's on first conversation with the car....

kevinr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbo1
    Need the option to display both outside termperature and Time on the DIC. Even nicer would be option to display outside temperature on the Head Up Display.
    +1 on that.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by codeman71
    You're absolutely correct that it shouldn't need to know anything about the POI. Very interesting. I'll check it out.
    The 'location not found' when sent from RemoteLink app happened again today. This time I used the iPhone app to search for a particular Starbucks in Glendale CA. Found it on the app and sent to car (Nav, not turn-by-turn). Car received destination and I press 'go'. Get the spinning wheel for awhile (no voice prompt to say 'route calculated). Then I get the 'location not found' error. Before I could take a picture of the screen, the system reboots itself (all the while I'm driving in stop-and-go traffic -- mostly stop).

After reboot, I try to resend the address from the phone. The phone reports 'address sent.' I can't remember if the car indicated the address was received or not, but the spinning wheel appeared and stayed on screen for the next 20 minutes. It was still on screen when I arrived at my final destination.

In a later post I'll compile a list of all the bugs/issues I've found so fat.

I'm not sure if it was you who reported the Wally Park issue with the destination download or not, but I tested this one and it correctly downloaded and routed to the proper location, so it seems like it is a bug that we have already corrected in the newer software. Both issues seemed to be resolved - putting the vehicle in reverse while downloading, as well as the issue of downloading this POI.

So, you can compile a list if you like, but I have a feeling the issues are fixed already, so you could probably save your time Thank you!

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Codeman,

Very frustrated yesterday trying to make a phone call through CUE.

Pressed the TALK button on the steering wheel. I said "Call Tom Smith"

I got a response that the system was not initialized.

This is after being in the vehicle for 4 minutes with a confirmed pairing of my phone.

This has happened several times where I get in the car, try and make a phone call, and I get a system initialization error.

Also, is it possible when pressing the TALK button that I don't get this overly long list of instructions from CUE. That's annoying to listen to more than once.

Thanks

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

njronbo, there is a prompt length option (long/short) in the CUE settings ... as you might assume the long prompts are default
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

kevinr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by codeman71
    I'm not sure if it was you who reported the Wally Park issue with the destination download or not, but I tested this one and it correctly downloaded and routed to the proper location, so it seems like it is a bug that we have already corrected in the newer software. Both issues seemed to be resolved - putting the vehicle in reverse while downloading, as well as the issue of downloading this POI.

So, you can compile a list if you like, but I have a feeling the issues are fixed already, so you could probably save your time Thank you!
    The Wally Park issue was me. Good to know you think it's fixed. Not up for extra work.

Is there a way to know the current release version? Taking the car in for service is a huge hassle; I don't mind doing it if its going to yield an update, but I can't do it just to hear 'your car is up-to-date.'

For reference my ATS was sold to me about a month ago. Don't know the build date.

njronbo, there is a prompt length option (long/short) in the CUE settings ... as you might assume the long prompts are default

Ahhh, Rippy, did not know that. Thanks so much for pointing that out.

Guess you know the first thing I am going to do when in I get in the car.....head for settings.

Quote Originally Posted by NJRonbo View Post
    Codeman,

Very frustrated yesterday trying to make a phone call through CUE.

Pressed the TALK button on the steering wheel. I said "Call Tom Smith"

I got a response that the system was not initialized.

This is after being in the vehicle for 4 minutes with a confirmed pairing of my phone.

This has happened several times where I get in the car, try and make a phone call, and I get a system initialization error.

Also, is it possible when pressing the TALK button that I don't get this overly long list of instructions from CUE. That's annoying to listen to more than once.

Thanks
    The "Device Initializing" prompt means that it is going through any media device currently connected to the system and creating voice tags for the content. If you just have a phone, it should take somewhere from 30 seconds to a minute. Apparently, Blackberrys take much longer and that's due to the time it takes to download the contacts list from the Blackberry. iPhone and Android are much quicker.

If you also have a music device connected to the system, it is also going to index that, and it will index whichever is connected first, first. So, that might explain why it was still initializing after 4 minutes, which would depend on the amount of music content you have.

As Chris said, in the Settings app, there is a Voice setting where you can adjust the prompt length from long to short. Also, whenever she is speaking to you, you can press the TALK button again to speed ahead and it will play the beep for you to speak. So, once you've become more familiar, you can speed it up quite a bit by pressing that button again. The only prompt you can't skip ahead is the Initializing prompt.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by kevinr View Post
    The Wally Park issue was me. Good to know you think it's fixed. Not up for extra work.

Is there a way to know the current release version? Taking the car in for service is a huge hassle; I don't mind doing it if its going to yield an update, but I can't do it just to hear 'your car is up-to-date.'

For reference my ATS was sold to me about a month ago. Don't know the build date.
    I don't think the update plan has been announced yet, but there should be communication given to you when an update is available for the system. So at this point, if you haven't heard anything, you do already have the latest software installed. I believe in another thread here someone has posted what their software part numbers are (which can be accessed by going into Settings, then selecting Software Information). As long as you've got the same info as is posted there, then you should have everything the latest.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Quote Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
    The "Device Initializing" prompt means that it is going through any media device currently connected to the system and creating voice tags for the content. If you just have a phone, it should take somewhere from 30 seconds to a minute. Apparently, Blackberrys take much longer and that's due to the time it takes to download the contacts list from the Blackberry. iPhone and Android are much quicker.
    If you also have a music device connected to the system, it is also going to index that, and it will index whichever is connected first, first. So, that might explain why it was still initializing after 4 minutes, which would depend on the amount of music content you have.
    As Chris said, in the Settings app, there is a Voice setting where you can adjust the prompt length from long to short. Also, whenever she is speaking to you, you can press the TALK button again to speed ahead and it will play the beep for you to speak. So, once you've become more familiar, you can speed it up quite a bit by pressing that button again. The only prompt you can't skip ahead is the Initializing prompt.[COLOR="Silver"]
    This indexing every time Cue starts is just retarded!
    Seriously, take a vote and tell me people want it to be this way.
    I think we'd prefer for the system to work as fast as possible so we can actually use it!
    I get that (from what I've read from your posts) that Cue starts off fresh every time the car is started (or door opens, etc.) so that it's a fresh start every time, however that is no reason to not cache a database locally.

Case in point an SD card, write a file to the SD card that is an index, and write a file locally in Cue for that source. At start up both files are compared if they match, go with it, if they don't then re-index it.
    Now I know there is more to this, and many ways to accomplish it, but building it every time is seriously redundant and a giant waste of time. The system lags heavily on screen transitions when this is going on (disabling screen transitions would at least make Cue seem more responsive, you'd just lose the "ooh look at how that transitioned" effect which no one really cares about). So in a basic way to verify nothing has changed build an index locally and save a parameter for size currently on the SD card, cross referenced with the number of folders or files. If it matches what you've stored, all's good, let's play some tunes!
    If it doesn't then go ahead and rebuild, or just add what's changed and not rebuild the entire index (which is what it sounds like's going on).

Also I didn't get any input on this problem below:
    When listening to music on an SD card, sometimes when I restart the car Cue defaults to the USB device option, and I have no USB devices plugged in.
    Example: So I was listening to a song on the SD card, stopped the car, got out, came back in and restarted the car and instead of resuming, it is now on the USB device input.
    I'd assume this would have something to do with the SD card slot being on the USB bus, and Cue confusing that input at times. This doesn't happens always (it could work 4 out of 5 times even) but it does certainly happen

Another thing, the slide up for the favorites bar while driving and Cue lagging as it does when doing drag operations doesn't work well in the real world.
    On some of the screens there's a button that brings up the favorites, and on other you have to drag up.
    I even wanted to just drag up 2 rows of icons, however it seems to only allow for 1 or 3 when I do this. I believe I can set the number of rows manually, however that's counter productive.
    It just doesn't seem to work well in a practical sense. How about if I tap the bottom of the screen it just comes up, instead of sliding, or again a button to press to have it come up like in other screens?.

The touch screen also seems to favor pressing lower than you've actually pressed. If I try to push the down arrow on something, more often than not it presses the media button or something not as intended.
    If I do a display calibration (under settings) to fix it, it doesn't allow me to select a bit lower than the button so that it may remap the presses to be useful.
    It really seems that the bottom most area of the screen doesn't have touch sensitivity to it, and it try's to make up for that by shifting what your touching down to compensate.

I have to agree that it's a real hassle to have the database erase and then reupload itself every time you enter/exit the vehicle. For those of us with large contact lists on our phone or large music libraries on our iPod, that is an excess amount of time we have to wait to use our device.

I recently complained that within the first 4 minutes of entering my vehicle I cannot even place a phone call because the system is still initializing.

If all this information can instead be stored on the hard drive so that access to it is immediate upon entering the vehicle I think it will make many people happy.

In the meantime, I think I speak for all when I say that I am very happy that Codeman is still with us addressing concerns.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.