Cue Wishlist/Fix/Refinement thread - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Cue Wishlist/Fix/Refinement thread in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by lurshy Also, I have the heated seats on remote start set, but they do not turn on ...
    danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Re: Cue Wishlist/Fix/Refinement thread

Quote Originally Posted by lurshy View Post
    Also, I have the heated seats on remote start set, but they do not turn on when remote starting (even if they had been on prior to the car being turned off). Also would love to have the heating steering wheel come on automatically with this option. Other features (like memory seat behavior and exit seat setting seemed to take a few tries before beginning to work, so could be true with the above nit picks.
    I had the same issue with heated seats but after talking to people on this forum and the dealer... it appears that the heated seats are on even tho the light doesn't come on. They are basically getting warm ahead of time but in order to keep them on you need to hit the button when you finally turn the car on (even after remote starting it). This is the same way in the CTS.

I also noticed the seats didn't feel warm after being remote started. That is because there is no weight in the seat so the cushion isn't being pressed up against the heating coils. If you turn your passenger heated seat on with no one in it... it will feel the same way... no warmth. The only way to really test if the remote heated seat feature is working is to remote start while you're in the seat. I haven't done this yet.

I agree with the rest of your issues. I'm having some problems with my memory seat as well. Seems to not always go back to where it's supposed to.

lurshy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX, 2013 ATS 2.0T Lux

Also Possible Voice recognition parsing quirk:

I have XM and an IPOD on my ATS. Several albums from 'The Who' and 'Pink Floyd' (and many others but thats besides the point).

If I say 'Play Pink Floyd' or 'Play Pink Floyd The Wall' This works and Pink floyd will start playing.....

If I Say 'Play The Who' or 'Play The Who Quadrophenia' it will think and ask if I want to play 'XM The Groove?' It can't seem to recognize 'The Who' if I ask for 'Play Quadrophenia' It will find it (actually finds multiple matches). The Who always is not found - comes up as The Groove.

As a Who fan I am deeply offended ;-p - jk

rspitler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 Premium Crystal Red Tintcoat ATS

New owner of an ATS Premium. Who is responsible for updating the Nav software? Case in point, I was driving down the East coast of Florida and what should have been the Atlantic Ocean was called the Gulf of Mexico.

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security
    Quote Originally Posted by rspitler
    Who is responsible for updating the Nav software?
    NavTeq ... http://mapreporter.navteq.com/support/faq shows you how you can help them fix their errors. No doubt they thank you with a free update. LOL

kevinr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    New CUE nav bug:

In So Cal, with route programmed from Pasadena to Mark Taper Forum (downtown) via 110 freeway. Route downloaded from OnStar advisor. Drive time approx 25 minutes. Clock set to 24 hr time. Clock shows time at 18:25 (correct), ETA of 11:51 (incorrect). Correct answer should have been 18:51.

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by kevinr View Post
    New CUE nav bug:

In So Cal, with route programmed from Pasadena to Mark Taper Forum (downtown) via 110 freeway. Route downloaded from OnStar advisor. Drive time approx 25 minutes. Clock set to 24 hr time. Clock shows time at 18:25 (correct), ETA of 11:51 (incorrect). Correct answer should have been 18:51.
    Yep, sounds like a definite bug. I'll check that one and see if I can reproduce it. Let me know if you see it with other navigation destinations or if it's only with maybe OnStar routes.

Thanks codeman. I'm posting these to be helpful; in spite of its flaws I love CUE. I hope you guys get to do frequent updates, as the system has great possibilities and only needs some bug fixes and minor usability enhancements. And I really appreciate the presence of you and the other GM reps on the forum.

Here's another small bug in Nav that I experienced yesterday. Heading west on Exposition Blvd with a destination near LAX programmed. Map shows upcoming left turn onto Western Ave, but no other display (HUD, inset turn icon or voice directions) show upcoming turn. Inset icon seemed stuck on 'straight ahead' arrow, even though map path clearly showed left turn. Shortly after turn display recovered and behaved normally thereafter.

Here's a new feature I would like to see: a programmed display settings option to cause the screen to default (similar to a screensaver) to dark or clock display after starting or a certain period of inactivity. This option would not be enabled during turn-by-turn Nav sessions. Extra points might be showing one line for radio or phone status on the default screen. Press and hold a shortcut (at top of screen; similar to programming a preset) lockout the screen saver until a new screen is selected.

One more thing: I know GM has to take care of it's dealers, but it would be great if CUE could be updated by consumers, through the USB ports. I imagine this as a signed binary file that the system would load from a thumb drive; the binaries could only be downloaded from GM. For extra security, one could make the users login and store their system serial number; the binary's encryption could be tied to that serial number.

Quote Originally Posted by lurshy View Post

If I Say 'Play The Who' or 'Play The Who Quadrophenia' it will think and ask if I want to play 'XM The Groove?' It can't seem to recognize 'The Who' if I ask for 'Play Quadrophenia' It will find it (actually finds multiple matches). The Who always is not found - comes up as The Groove.
    Just wanted to double-check something with you to make sure we're testing the same thing as you to see if we can find a bug related to The Who. Can you verify that the device that the music is on the artist is "The Who" and not simply "Who"? I'm guessing it is, but just wanted to be sure we were testing the same condition as you.

Thanks!

EDIT: I checked this out in the car and was able to get it to play The Who, and here are some things that may help. Do you recall pushing the speech button and hearing the car respond with "Device Initializing..."? If so, then that means the music is still being indexed and the speech grammars are being built. If you ask for The Who during this time, the only thing it is going to know about are the XM channel names because the music hasn't been built yet. Once the system got past that point for me, it responded with The Who and began playing it.

One other thing that can help with things like this is to give the system some additional information to help it find what you are looking for. Because the system has natural speech recognition, you can be a bit more flexible with it like saying "Play music by The Who" or "Play Artist The Who" or "I'd like to hear songs by The Who". All those types of things tell the system that you are looking for music from your device specifically, rather than something that may also be on XM.

See if either of those things help out with the recognition and let me know your results.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Since we're speaking of music again in regards to voice commands.

Can we have a "wildcard" (per say) to play everything by an artist that also includes an artist featuring other artists?

So I'd say something like "Play artist Drake" then she'll ask for me to choose one (as I have multiples)
    1) "Drake" 2) "Drake feat. Beyonce" 3)"Drake feat. Nicki Minaj" etc... I then reply with "play all"?
    Or for me to just be able to say "Play everything by artist Drake" and she then plays every song by artist Drake if "Drake" is found anywhere in the Artist ID3 tag?

----------

A couple more questions:

1) Will software updates be done via USB? (this has been talked about, but nothing official).

2) When listening to music on an SD card, sometimes when I restart the car Cue defaults to the USB device option, and I have no USB devices plugged in.
    Example: So I was listening to a song on the SD card, stopped the car, got out, came back in and restarted the car and instead of resuming, it is now on the USB device input.
    I'd assume this would have something to do with the SD card slot being on the USB bus, and Cue confusing that input at times. This doesn't happens always (it could work 4 out of 5 times even) but it does certainly happen.

3) Will an SDXC card ever be officially supported (in other words, will ExFat be supported).

4) Pandora connection issues (I know this is an app I'd assume made by Pandora, but hear me out)
    I believe that I have both a problem with the Pandora app on the phone, and also with the app on Cue.
    Example: If Pandora works when I first try it, it seems to stay connected to the phone pretty reliably, however the next time I get in the car it doesn't always work and I receive "check connected device". This "check connected device" will only go away if I then restart my phone, and then restart my car. It seems to me that Pandora never checks again to see if the "connected device" is working or the status of it changed.
    For instance, if I get the "check connected device" and then reboot my phone Pandora still won't work until after I restart my car. I believe that the Cue Pandora app only looks for a device at the initial load of the app, and not afterwards at all.
    Is there a way to have it retry again after a set period, or a way for Cue to close the app and then restart it (which would then look for my phone again, which if I restarted would work fine?)

I get that this is a bit awkward but I like Pandora, and sometimes it is such a pain to get working.
    I just know that restarting my phone and Cue makes it connect pretty much every time.
    I believe on the phone side (app) Pandora isn't correctly going into accessory mode, and for some reason rebooting the phone fixes that.
    I may just have to kill the Pandora app on my phone as opposed to rebooting, but I haven't tried that yet.
    I have a Nexus 4, Android 4.2.1. It was the same exact way for me on my previous Galaxy Nexus running 4.2.1.
    I'd suspect some of the problems lie within the new Bluetooth stack introduced in Android 4.2.x as the sound quality is also really bad (not Cue's fault with that).

(You've heard this plenty now, however thanks so much for helping and listening to our concerns it really does help to know someone is listening and possibly implimenting some of our requests/bugs)

Hi Bungee,

For the voice feature, that would unfortunately be very difficult to implement and would introduce a lot of complexity into the system to be able to do partial searches. Also not quite sure what that might do if it happened to mix together two different artists who happened to share the same word in their title. It's something I'll bring up with the team, and I can totally understand the rationale, but might be difficult to do it and not mess up something else.

One way to get around this would be to create a playlist for those artists that you would like to have combined. You could then ask CUE to play that playlist and should then get the same experience you're looking for.

I don't know about SDXC. That part is handled in a different group so I don't readily know an answer, but I'll see if I can track down the right person and see if there are plans for it.

For Pandora, I've also had similar issues and agree that there are probably some combination of errors that cause that problem. For me, running ancient Android on a Droid 3, it seemed to stem from like you said, the Pandora app not going into accessory mode. I have had luck by hitting the menu button and selecting exit, and then relaunching the Pandora app. To get the CUE Pandora app to connect again, I usually would have to switch away to another audio source and then switch back to the Pandora app. Usually switching into the Pandora app would cause that initial connection to take place again and start working. If you are a big fan of Pandora, make sure you put Pandora up in your app tray along the top of the screen. If you haven't done it, from the home screen push and hold on the Pandora icon. After a few seconds you'll feel a thump and it will go into Edit Mode where you can rearrange the app icons and also add icons to your app tray or remove icons you don't use. You can have between 3 and 5 apps up in that tray. Alternatively, you could also save Pandora as a Favorite. Also while on the home screen, tap on the little arrow in the lower right corner to bring up your Favorites. Push and hold on a Favorite slot and then it will ask you to tap on the application that you'd like to save. You can do this for any app.

I hope that helps!

Codeman, one more bug I forgot to post in my earlier msg.

Search for 'Wally Park' near LAX on the RemoteLink app (you should find it at 9700 Bellanca Ave LA CA). Click on Send to In-Dash Nav. The in-dash Nav responded with an error (don't remember the specific wording) that the POI is not in the database.

Obviously my point is the app search returned an address -- the car shouldn't need to know about the POI to be able to route to an address found via the mobile app.

You're absolutely correct that it shouldn't need to know anything about the POI. Very interesting. I'll check it out.

kimbo1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS-4

Excellent idea!

I've downloaded Road Trip from the iTunes App Store, but, of course, have to key in all the info on the iPhone.

A CUE app would automatically load and save the Trip mileage and odometer data, allow entry of number of gallons, fuel brand (e.g., Chevron, Shell, Costco), and compare the CUE on-board mileage calculation with the mileage calculated using the odometer readings and the amount of fuel pumped.

----------

Great to read that the CUE experts are reading this forum!

I used the BMW iDrive on my 2008 MY 535xi before trading it for the XTS. Overall, I much prefer the CUE touch screen.

How do I (or can I?) get CUE to display ALTITUDE with the current position? Had this on the iDrive and it's available on my wife's 2013 Lexus GS350. I can't believe Cadillac overlooked it intentionally!

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I experienced the nav problem of not being able to enter an address no matter how I did it. I finally had to ask OnStar to enter it for me and then it worked. It was a long address with three names in the street name and when I entered it the third street name came up as the state. This leaves us feeling helpless since there is no other way except OnStar to enter an address of more than one name.I've only had the car for two days and have spent a lot of time reading the manual and watching the Cadillac videos on how to use the CUE system. They are helpful but need to be a litle more detailed as the owners get more familiar with the system. One thing I would like to see improved is the short cuts when using the DIC selector. When you first turn them on with the sel button they will only last about two seconds and then disappear. I wish there was a way to make them last just a little longer for my wife to learn. One other issue is the manage the favorites option. It seems to me that this function should be available when a favorite is pressed so that the name or info could be changed at that time instead of having to go to settings etc. Keep up the good work and keep us informed about the updates because some of the dealers are just not that into CUE and do not seem to be aware of any issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo1 View Post
    How do I (or can I?) get CUE to display ALTITUDE with the current position? Had this on the iDrive and it's available on my wife's 2013 Lexus GS350. I can't believe Cadillac overlooked it intentionally!
    This was something that we consciously decided to leave out. When developing CUE, we questioned every feature and tried to remove any that we possibly could to try to keep it simple and not over-complicate the system or make it too technical. We may consider putting this back in for the future if there seems to be enough interest. Thanks for letting us know this is something you're looking for!

----------

Rudy, thanks for the feedback. If you're able to send me the address that didn't work, I'll try to see what went wrong there and get that fixed.

Thanks for the other suggestions. I'll keep tabs on them and see if there's something we might easily be able to change.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.