Cue Wishlist/Fix/Refinement thread - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Like Tree14Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Cue Wishlist/Fix/Refinement thread in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Codeman71 - First, I think is incredible that Cadillac is leveraging social media in a way that is truly useful ...
    FormerBenz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS4 PLATINUM

Re: Cue Wishlist/Fix/Refinement thread

Codeman71 - First, I think is incredible that Cadillac is leveraging social media in a way that is truly useful - funneling voice-of-the-customer feedback directly to engineering. And providing actual interaction with R&D engineers, such as yourself is an amazing reason to own a Cadillac. Many companies build their products in "silos" with little to no direct customer input. Please make sure your management knows how much value Cadillac's customer base places on the customer-outreach.

With that said, a couple of items for your cosideration...

1. Tune Select. Great feature. I also have this feature in a Ford vehicle with Sync. However, with Sync, you get an alert that a song is on a station in advance of it actually playing. This is good because when you tune to the station, you hear the song in entirety. With CUE, when you tune to the station the song is already well underway. I would imagine this has something to do with buffering and reacting to data that the sat radio is receiving in advance of actual programming material. Would this be a difficult fix?

2. Audio fine tuning. Great sound system in my XTS Platinum. How hard would it it be to increase the flexibility of audio adjustment. Years ago, GM had cars with graphic equalizers. How hard would it be to add another couple of bands of frequency adjustment? I have a Range Rover which provides separate control for the subwoofer. I just think that at times the audio could benefit from some fine adjustments that are sometimes too broad with the 3 frequency bands that are adjustable. I know there are bigger issues to attack, but just wondering on how difficult this would be.

3. HVAC: So, when remote starting the car, if CUE is set to pre-heat the seats, the seat heater indicator lights up for the back seats but not the front seats. My temperature gun tells me that the seats are on, but no indicator light fr the front seats, only the rear. how hard would it be to write some code that illuminates the front heated seat indicators? I would imagine a little bit of copy and paste from whatever makes the rear controls illuminate might do the trick BTW, same holds true for the front cooled seats -- they go on with remote start, but no indicator.

Again, many thanks to you and your team for listening to their customers!!!!

mechevar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

As a firsttime cadillac buyer, I am very pleased with the CUE so far. Not so much a change for the system, but I would like to see to an application that simply carries voice commands to the phone. That way users can leverage all of the voice commands available on their device.

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

if you have an iPhone you can use siri... just have to engage the conversation on the phone as you normally would (hold down the home button)

eventually GM will add the "eyes free" feature where you can engage siri from the steering wheel
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by wsufans View Post
    - when you save system settings to USB put it in a human readable format so one could compare the selections to the menu structure to confirm settings. It now saves in XML which is OK but.
    - I have saved my settings to USB but would like to know how to reload them
    WOW so it does work. as per my 03-20-13 post and following posts under http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3265071 I was unable to get it working. Received finally a call from GM late last week while I was out, but have not been able to get to that person, only the answering machine. I'll keep on trying. So anyway if you read those posts, what did I do wrong and how did you get it working? While as you state it is in XML format, it will be readable and better than nothing.

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by FormerBenz View Post
    Codeman71 - First, I think is incredible that Cadillac is leveraging social media in a way that is truly useful - funneling voice-of-the-customer feedback directly to engineering. And providing actual interaction with R&D engineers, such as yourself is an amazing reason to own a Cadillac. Many companies build their products in "silos" with little to no direct customer input. Please make sure your management knows how much value Cadillac's customer base places on the customer-outreach.
    Thank you FormerBenz, and I really like your screen name, hopefully there are more of you . We wanted to take a totally different approach with CUE and wanted to make sure it was customer driven, rather than technology or wishlist driven. We conducted several rounds of user research before we started designing a thing to make sure we understood our customers and how they were using their vehicles and what was important to them.

1. Tune Select. Great feature. I also have this feature in a Ford vehicle with Sync. However, with Sync, you get an alert that a song is on a station in advance of it actually playing. This is good because when you tune to the station, you hear the song in entirety. With CUE, when you tune to the station the song is already well underway. I would imagine this has something to do with buffering and reacting to data that the sat radio is receiving in advance of actual programming material. Would this be a difficult fix?
    I think this difference has to come down to a difference in the way Sirius receivers work versus XM receivers work. We don't receive any preview information from XM about what is going to be playing on a channel before it begins playing, whereas it sounds like Sirius radios are giving a slight preview. So, our system is always scanning through the channels and when it finds a match, that's when you get the alert. That's why sometimes it jumps into a song that has already started.

2. Audio fine tuning. Great sound system in my XTS Platinum. How hard would it it be to increase the flexibility of audio adjustment. Years ago, GM had cars with graphic equalizers. How hard would it be to add another couple of bands of frequency adjustment? I have a Range Rover which provides separate control for the subwoofer. I just think that at times the audio could benefit from some fine adjustments that are sometimes too broad with the 3 frequency bands that are adjustable. I know there are bigger issues to attack, but just wondering on how difficult this would be.
    I'm not certain how big of a tear up this would be, but I know it would impact several parts in the vehicle which would make it quite a complex change at this point.

3. HVAC: So, when remote starting the car, if CUE is set to pre-heat the seats, the seat heater indicator lights up for the back seats but not the front seats. My temperature gun tells me that the seats are on, but no indicator light fr the front seats, only the rear. how hard would it be to write some code that illuminates the front heated seat indicators? I would imagine a little bit of copy and paste from whatever makes the rear controls illuminate might do the trick BTW, same holds true for the front cooled seats -- they go on with remote start, but no indicator.
    The display of the heated seat status is controlled by the climate control module and isn't a part of the CUE system so I'm not certain as to why it doesn't indicate the status on the front seats. This has been on my list of things to check with that team when I get a chance as I have seen it come up over and over.

FormerBenz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS4 PLATINUM

Quote Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
    Thank you FormerBenz, and I really like your screen name, hopefully there are more of you .
    You're very welcome and thanks for the detailed response. Really nice to know where things stand internal to GM - very helpful that Cadilllac is this conencted to their customers.

Regarding my former rides... I've been driving nothing but Benz product since 1995. Great cars up until about 2000, then they lost their edge, particularly around electronics. My 07 S550 was an electronics nightmare. Terrible UI (wheels and clicks versus touch), not intuitive at all and lacked competitive features, all for significantly more cost. While the XTS is not an S550 in terms of ride quality, as far as UI and electronics, it is light-years ahead of any current Benz product. Of course, given the electronic suspension issues on the S, maybe I shouldn't say that Imagine purchasing a $100K+ vehicle and not getting touch screen or many of the features that are standard on an XTS.

And my perception is that MB does NOT want to hear from, nor react to what their customers want. CUE is what swayed me to the Cadillac camp and have been pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoy the vehicle as a whole.

You've nailed it with CUE, but it will be VERY important to continually update and refine the system - don't let it stagnate. I sure would like to get that SMS icon that I saw on the ELR video on cadillac.com!!!The recent update was apparently hugh, but nothing too visible other than the changed climate control icon. Of course I'm sure there were tons of bug/fixes addressed.

Suggestion: Let your customers know what the updates consist of on a more granular level. At least put the information out there. Although many won't read it, many will. And, use the updates/fixes as a marketing tool -- think Apple

Thanks again for your interaction with your customers!

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by CDN XTS View Post
    WOW so it does work. as per my 03-20-13 post and following posts under http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3265071 I was unable to get it working. Received finally a call from GM late last week while I was out, but have not been able to get to that person, only the answering machine. I'll keep on trying. So anyway if you read those posts, what did I do wrong and how did you get it working? While as you state it is in XML format, it will be readable and better than nothing.
    To all interested in this new feature (downloading CUE data to a USB stick), you would like to read my 04-10-13 -4:18PM post under http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3265071 and perhaps WSUFANS could you outline the type of info you did download - XML is not the best but's readable and you can tell what type of data you did download to your USB stick. Thanks.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by FormerBenz View Post
    Suggestion: Let your customers know what the updates consist of on a more granular level. At least put the information out there. Although many won't read it, many will. And, use the updates/fixes as a marketing tool -- think Apple

Thanks again for your interaction with your customers!
    Agree. Might I also suggest an updated CUE manual in line with the latest CUE update and incorporating some additional details based on questions by users and answers by others including GM personnel could be posted on line and would certainly of better use for new customers when receiving cars being produced now. The somewhat poor documentation has been an often voiced issue by me. Educating customers one by one on this forum about CUE's features, while appreciated, is not the most productive way. And yes the interaction by GM personnel on this forum is great and very, very much appreciated and certainly would help GM to improve its products but should also be hint/tool to improve documentation. And yes I agree also that many will not read the manual anyway and quite a number of questions would not be asked it the manual had been reviewed and understood. It's difficult to keep calm when as a customer one has to explain the functions of the car to the person who one is asking for help and noting that they clearly have way to little knowledge. I agree, it's difficult if those employees do not themselves drive such a car, but it looks like they don't have sufficient information available to them either (may be it's just the Canadian arm we must use as the US side is not allowed to help us yet the English version of the manuals are generic for CDN and US users). A case in point, it took over 2 weeks after asking for information on the new line for CUE downloads to USB sticks (which I was unable to use) to get an answer. It took a long time to explain what I was talking about and a call back to me for further clarification. Then 2 weeks to get this answer: It's only for European customers to download data for Tax purposes. Not to be used by Canadian Users. See my above reply for more info on that. Enough rambling.

Sir CussFreq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Raven Black ATS

Which settings menu is the Auto-heated seats option under? Vehicle > Comfort and Convenience?

I can't seem to find this setting since the update. Didn't realize it was missing before today... My audio prompts keep reverting to long on their own as well. Been acting a bit quirky lately...

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Sir CussFreq View Post
    My audio prompts keep reverting to long on their own as well.
    Same here.

strongewok is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Since the update my shuffle has been working strangley. I can't seem to suffle an artist or album, it continually goes to the entire music collection on my ipod classic.

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Wouldn't it be cool if we could could change the voice to be that of Majel Barrett?

Sir CussFreq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Raven Black ATS

Quote Originally Posted by Sir CussFreq View Post
    Which settings menu is the Auto-heated seats option under? Vehicle > Comfort and Convenience?
    Can anyone please confirm if this is correct? I haven't had the chance to get back to the dealer, hopefully will sometime this week. I'm curious what else I'm missing...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.