C.U.E Tips, Shortcuts and Advise
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, C.U.E Tips, Shortcuts and Advise in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Started Learning cue today. It's nice but it isn't as intuitive as I'd like it to be. I had to ...
    AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

C.U.E Tips, Shortcuts and Advise

Started Learning cue today. It's nice but it isn't as intuitive as I'd like it to be. I had to read the manual and even call the helpline (which was very helpful) to unpare a phone...

I have have learned to pare my android phone and make calls, but can't get it or my iPod to play music. I did get Pandora working and the car has a cd player. The music sounds GREAT!

I even had to read the manual to learn how to check oil life and tire pressure. I'll have it all figured out soon, but again you're not gonna figure it out w/o the book.

On my own it took me 15 mins. To find the xm scrolling menu.

The voice command works GREAT!

Now if I could get my garage door opener programmed...

I love the car, but thought it was time to start a C.U.E. Thread

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Atswatcher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I take it you did not get a free iPad?

A salesperson showed me the CUE on an XTS, he could not do it smoothly. I thought there would be some learning curve.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I took an easy test drive yesterday, and sadly CUE was really slow. Definitely needs more power.

Re: C.U.E Tips, Shortcuts and Advise

Actually, yes I did get the iPad but it's still in the box. I thought it would be better for me to practice on the real thing. You definately have to learn it while it's parked, you could never do it while driving espicially since some option become greyed out while the car is in motion. Mostly I have it all figured out, so it's not hard but it just takes more time than you would think. I've got the basics but just need to figure out how to connect my external music devices. Until then, the CD player is easy enough!
    Kalibr and Kalibr like this.

gort is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT (Sold)

That reminds me of the one thing I hated about my cadillacs. I never understood why only certain auto makers disable input while the car is moving. As if you never have a passenger who could be perfectly capable of entering stuff into the GPS while you're moving.

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Sounds like you are having fun with your ATS. Atlanta Guy!

Here is a Car and Driver video review that features the Thunder Gray Cromaflair at the beginning. I'm not normally a fan of paying extra for a color, but this looks amazing!

You are going to turn heads on Peachtree Street with this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnJLjDJTWkY

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Got behind the wheel of a 3.6 Luxury yesterday... Amazing drive. The 3.6 has plenty of power... But I'll still wait for a V. :-) I was amazed by CUE! Not buggy, and I paired my iPhone 4 effortlessly. Unpairing/deletion took two tries to completely delete my phone contacts. Didn't try doing anything else. I'll try once I get behind a 2.0T. The dealership in Fredericksburg, VA also had an iPad in the showroom to play with CUE. Too bad you can't download the app on your own to get accustomed to it before you purchase.

gort is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by bruff1977 View Post
    Got behind the wheel of a 3.6 Luxury yesterday... Amazing drive. The 3.6 has plenty of power... But I'll still wait for a V. :-) I was amazed by CUE! Not buggy, and I paired my iPhone 4 effortlessly. Unpairing/deletion took two tries to completely delete my phone contacts. Didn't try doing anything else. I'll try once I get behind a 2.0T. The delaership in Fredericksburg, VA also had an iPad in the showroom to play with CUE. Too bad you can't download tha app on your own to get accustomed to it before you purchase.
    A search for Cadillac on the app store on my iPad just now shows a Cadillac CUE app.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cadil...508883621?mt=8

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I would think the apps would have to be on itunes for them to be put on an ipad, even preloaded.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Yes, anyone with an iPad can try out CUE
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

holzheuer is offline Cadillac Owners Member

When did you get the Ipad. I picked my car up this week and had no mention of an I-pad so did the dealer give it to you or did GM mail it as I have seen posts suggesting both. Love the car and the CUE isnt to bad to work with but I haven't had alot of time with it yet. Garage door this weekend.
    gxp2ats and gxp2ats like this.

I received the iPad in person the day I took delivery of the car. It was given to me with the owners manual, keys and a nice Cadillac microfiber clolth to clean the CUE screen with. BTW I finally was able to connect my (very old) ipod and control it with CUE on screen, but it can't find anything with voice commands. I don't know what I was doing wrong before because I plugged it in and it's working (mostly) now. Now if I could just get homelink to learn my (very old) garage door remote...

A couple more things about C.U.E. that I'm learning... One is that it is slower than you would expect, but you just have to become used to the cadence of it and allow yourself to pause a momment. For example, the voice command feature works great, but you have to learn to wait to speak the command. It's just a slight pause. Same with the touch inputs. And, I have had more success with music from the SD card than the iPod. I just loaded a bunch on a card and popped it in and it sounds great, and from the card C.U.E. can understand voice commands in order to find music. It getting better the more I live with it.

bmw2caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy00 View Post
    I received the iPad in person the day I took delivery of the car. It was given to me with the owners manual, keys and a nice Cadillac microfiber clolth to clean the CUE screen with. BTW I finally was able to connect my (very old) ipod and control it with CUE on screen, but it can't find anything with voice commands. I don't know what I was doing wrong before because I plugged it in and it's working (mostly) now. Now if I could just get homelink to learn my (very old) garage door remote...
    Just curious, was the iPad engraved at all I think I remember reading somewhere on here that it was engraved or maybe it was a cadillac case…anywho it just crossed my mind. Obviously it makes no difference in the decision process of purchasing the car. Thanks again ATLGuy hope you're still enjoying the ride!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.