C.U.E Tips, Shortcuts and Advise - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree8Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, C.U.E Tips, Shortcuts and Advise in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by CDN XTS Perhaps Cody has some insights into the (potential, if any) software update delay issue between ...
    codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: C.U.E Tips, Shortcuts and Advise

Quote Originally Posted by CDN XTS View Post

Perhaps Cody has some insights into the (potential, if any) software update delay issue between Canadian and US versions, as such could be a continues problem for Canadian Customers waiting for "fixes & added functions"
    Hi CDN, the only software differences between the US and Canada versions (as far as CUE goes) are just disabling certain XM features that are not available (such as Weather). But as far as customers waiting for "fixes & added functions" nobody has received anything yet, so don't feel left out! And thanks for supporting us by buying a Canadian-made product and for a top-level one! I'm sure you'll love it!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by JWLaRue View Post
    Is there a way to set your current location as a saved destination?

-tnx,

Jeff
    Rudy's instructions are perfectly accurate, thanks Rudy! The only thing that I will add is that if you have a route currently set, if you follow that same procedure, your current destination will be saved, rather than your current position. Just to be aware of that potential difference in case you run into that.
    CDN XTS and CDN XTS like this.

Sir CussFreq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Raven Black ATS

Quote Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
    This should actually work as well. Have you tried pairing with a passenger?
    I could have sworn we did... I know there was something that we thought we would have had access to, but didn't. I'll do some more testing next time I have a passenger in the car (or something heavy in the passenger seat ).

On a side note, is there any way to keep the information panel from displaying the 'cruise control set to' / 'resume to' in the right pane when I have cruise control enabled? This info is already displayed in my HUD, so it's redundant - and it never reverts back to the page I had previously set. Would like to just disable it altogether (I already disabled the page from the options, but that just makes it so I can't browse to the page - it still shows up whenever I turn on CC)

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by Sir CussFreq View Post
    On a side note, is there any way to keep the information panel from displaying the 'cruise control set to' / 'resume to' in the right pane when I have cruise control enabled? This info is already displayed in my HUD, so it's redundant - and it never reverts back to the page I had previously set. Would like to just disable it altogether (I already disabled the page from the options, but that just makes it so I can't browse to the page - it still shows up whenever I turn on CC)
    Cody,

I echo this request. I was going to shoot you a PM about it before I saw this. I, too, have a HUD and would rather just not have that information there at all. However I can understand why you guys wouldn't want to get rid it for for the non-HUD vehicles (and it may not be easy to programmatically check if the car is equipped with a HUD, or even worse... if the HUD is displayed). If this is the case, I would be happy if that DIC section would just revert back to it's original page once cruise control is turned off.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Hi CDN, the only software differences between the US and Canada versions (as far as CUE goes) are just disabling certain XM features that are not available (such as Weather). But as far as customers waiting for "fixes & added functions" nobody has received anything yet, so don't feel left out! And thanks for supporting us by buying a Canadian-made product and for a top-level one! I'm sure you'll love it!
    Thanks "Cody" appreciate that. So a potential software issue wasn't the reason for us Canadian's to have such a long wait time. LOL. Didn't know about the weather issue with XM but believe the US customers can "turn off" daylight running lights" while (by law) Canadians cannot. Not sure if that's part of some non-CUE system. So if any of you US customers visit Canada, make sure that option on your system is turned on, to avoid a ticket. LOL.

JWLaRue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Thanks, Rudy. I'll give that a go.

-Jeff

katz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6 AWD Luxury ATS

Yes, mine was engraved and had a Cadillac cover, very nice.

MotoDC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium, 3.6L AWD

Question Re: C.U.E Tips, Shortcuts and Advise

Hi CDN, the only software differences between the US and Canada versions (as far as CUE goes) are just disabling certain XM features that are not available (such as Weather).
    Thanks for the insight codeman71, just curious if weather becomes enabled if an active SiriusXM subscription sends weather data to a Canadian vehicle? I did manage to get get traffic working, and was curious if I could get weather working too.

Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.