C.U.E Tips, Shortcuts and Advise - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, C.U.E Tips, Shortcuts and Advise in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by CDN XTS Oh no! I though my yet to be received XTS would do better. I was ...
    pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN XTS

Oh no! I though my yet to be received XTS would do better. I was always mad when my wife was driving my 03 STS, that I couldn't enter an address.
    I did not try Navigation, but I was able to program CUE while riding as the passenger. I simply had to confirm that I was the passenger.
    codeman71 and codeman71 like this.

Dramset is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: C.U.E Tips, Shortcuts and Advise

Quote Originally Posted by CDN XTS View Post
    Oh no! I though my yet to be received XTS would do better. I was always mad when my wife was driving my 03 STS, that I couldn't enter an address. Well the 03 STS cannot tell if a passenger is sitting in the car. But now? Some other cars and even stand-alone GPS's (which know when you are moving but can't tell if the passenger seat is cocupied) let you do it. So, anyway, it's not the law that prevents Cadillac to be more accommodating. Yes I know I could put a weight on the passenger seat, but give me the benefit of being able to think for myself regarding safety. Please fix this.
    You can certainly enter a new nav destination using voice while the XTS is moving; I did it on a test drive.

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by gort View Post
    That reminds me of the one thing I hated about my Cadillacs. I never understood why only certain auto makers disable input while the car is moving. As if you never have a passenger who could be perfectly capable of entering stuff into the GPS while you're moving.
    Hello Gort, I work for Cadillac on the navigation portion of CUE and it was designed to allow a passenger to input information into the system when a passenger is detected. It will ask you to confirm that the passenger is using the system and press the Accept button. Then it will let the passenger type on the keyboard, or scroll lists, or whatever may have been locked out. You have to make sure both the driver and passenger have their seat belts buckled as well, or it may not allow you to bypass the the lockouts.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Thanks "codeman71" for your information. I'm very pleased to hear that. Have no problem with the need for a confirmation and seat-belts should be a given requirement anyway. Yes there is of course also voice control, but it's still safer with the passenger to do all what's required, even the talking, than the driver. Then the wife can't blame me if we arrive at the wrong hotel. LOL.
    JimmyH, JimmyH, codeman71 and 1 others like this.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CDN XTS View Post
    Then the wife can't blame me if we arrive at the wrong hotel. LOL.
    You don't really believe that, do you?

@JimmyH - I think you know my wife - she probably blames CUE - after all, it can't be the operator.

I believe CUE is just like any other technology. If YOU teach HER how to use it, when SHE messes up, she will blame YOU.
    Moral of the story, don't teach her. Make her learn it herself. She'll still blame you, but at least she will have one less tool in her argument.

brock123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

Are you in Canada? Not that a $500 ipad is the difference in purchasing the car or not but it was annoying to find out after purchasing that because i am in Canada I'm not getting an ipad. Whay should it matter?

PatP19 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

iPad has a smart cover with the Cadillac logo on it. And there is a Cadillac logo "engraved" on the back of the iPad. Very nice detail.

I'm almost anxious for Summer to arrive here in Florida, so I can use the iPad or iPhone OnStar app to remote start the car to get the A/C running ahead of time. Sort of the opposite problem the folks up North have pre-heating their cars in the Winter!

Pat P.
    2013 ATS 2.0T Luxury
    Ice Blue Metallic
    600 miles so far

My remote start consists of me running out to the car in freezing temps starting it and running back inside as fast as possible. The upshot is that it doesn't automatically shut off after 10 minutes.
    Yplus and Yplus like this.

Sir CussFreq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Raven Black ATS

Quote Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
    Hello Gort, I work for Cadillac on the navigation portion of CUE and it was designed to allow a passenger to input information into the system when a passenger is detected. It will ask you to confirm that the passenger is using the system and press the Accept button. Then it will let the passenger type on the keyboard, or scroll lists, or whatever may have been locked out. You have to make sure both the driver and passenger have their seat belts buckled as well, or it may not allow you to bypass the the lockouts.
    Could you please ask them to allow passengers to do more while the car is in motion? For instance - pairing a bluetooth device. I would actually like to be able to do this as the driver, as I have to re-pair my phone once or twice a week (not sure why, for some reason it just stops automatically connecting...), but I'd be content to only have access to it when a passenger is in the car. I tend to start driving before I realize whether or not my phone is paried, so then I'm stuck with FM radio until I stop somewhere for a couple minutes and go through the pairing process again.

And not just for my phone - if I wanted to stream something off of a passenger's phone, very rarely would we have the foresight to sync their phone prior to driving away.

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sir CussFreq View Post
    Could you please ask them to allow passengers to do more while the car is in motion? For instance - pairing a bluetooth device.
    This should actually work as well. Have you tried pairing with a passenger?

Quote Originally Posted by brock123 View Post
    Are you in Canada? Not that a $500 ipad is the difference in purchasing the car or not but it was annoying to find out after purchasing that because i am in Canada I'm not getting an ipad. Whay should it matter?
    Not sure if you were asking me here. Anyway, I am and I know we do not get an iPad but have to pay more. That's is not just the case with cars. Not sure what we can do about it but to complain to companies and polititians and sometimes refuse buying, as I am doing with books, unless they sell it at the marked US price. LOL. (I have an iPad3 but the Caddy one would have made a nice x-mas present for my wife for her; perhaps to use it to learn CUE to follow JimmyH advice)

The other issue I couldn't understand is that US customers get their cars in a short period (any version), whereas I just today (after waiting 4 1/2 months) finally received my VIN # for my XTS Platinum. - now -. (don't have a delivery date yet, qouted by dealer to be from 2 to over 4 weeks - live only some 100 km from factory - so it may arrive while am am sitting on a beach in the Caribbean - but now there is a car with my name on it)

Of couse there are a few small differences between US & Canadian versions and some may be due to software updates for Canadian units perhaps not getting the same priority as for US cars. But since the Premium and Luxury versions were being delivered to Canadian customers, I not sure how much extra "software" difference would be applicable to the Platinum versions v/s the other models.

Perhaps Cody has some insights into the (potential, if any) software update delay issue between Canadian and US versions, as such could be a continues problem for Canadian Customers waiting for "fixes & added functions"

JWLaRue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Is there a way to set your current location as a saved destination?

-tnx,

Jeff

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Jeff, just bring up the favorites from below the screen by sliding up from the bottom of the screen and press the one to which you want to represent the new present location. Hold it down until it bumps your finger and then it is saved to that favorite spot on the list. If you then go to SETTINGS and then select the RADIO category, then MANAGE FAVORITES, you can rename it to anything you want by selecting the quill icon at the bottom with the label "Rename". After you type in the new name select BACK at the top and then push the green checked EXIT icon on the lower left of the screen. If you do not press the green exit button it will not be renamed. I had to do this to my home address because it was so far off from the actual location. You can do this anytime you see something that you might want to return to later.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.