C.U.E Tips, Shortcuts and Advise - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, C.U.E Tips, Shortcuts and Advise in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; The iPad comes in a nice quality black box with the Cadillac emblem in silver on the lid. Inside the ...
    AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Re: C.U.E Tips, Shortcuts and Advise

The iPad comes in a nice quality black box with the Cadillac emblem in silver on the lid. Inside the box is the regular iPad box. The iPad itself is a 16GB Wi Fi newest iPad. The screen's wallpaper is customized for Cadillac. It has a gray Cadillac magnetic screen cover. It's all top drawer and very nice. I just took it out of the box today so that I can start my advanced C.U.E. lessons and see if I can learn anything more that I haven't already figured out. The iPad comes loaded with CUE tutorials, videos and OnStar's Mobile app. (which I can't get to work.... yet). I took pics but they are too large to mail and not that great anyway.

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

I called OnStar and there was an account setting that had to be enabled. The mobile app. works now. I can start/ stop the car/ honk horn/ check fuel and tire levels, etc. You can also send directions to the Nav system but the reviews here suck because they use Bing for directions and Bing sucks. Otherwise, the app works great. To enable the setting in OnStar, log into your account. Go to OnStar Services/ OnStar Remote Link Mobile App/click on the manage tab/Enable OnStar Remote Link Mobile App.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy00
    I called OnStar and there was an account setting that had to be enabled. The mobile app. works now. I can start/ stop the car/ honk horn/ check fuel and tire levels, etc. You can also send directions to the Nav system but the reviews here suck because they use Bing for directions and Bing sucks. Otherwise, the app works great. To enable the setting in OnStar, log into your account. Go to OnStar Services/ OnStar Remote Link Mobile App/click on the manage tab/Enable OnStar Remote Link Mobile App.
    I was use the feature t send directions to my nav on my CtS coupe and it worked great.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

When I still had Onstar, I was able to send destinations to my account from Mapquest.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

So I've had my ATS for about a week now and absolutely love the car. I'm about 50/50 when it comes to loving/hating CUE. One of the issues I'm having is with the voice control. It just doesn't seem to be working. I know my phone is synced up because I can listen to music from it, see my recent calls, browse contacts, etc. However it will never find any contacts that I speak to it. No idea why. It will either guess that I'm saying a number or it will say "no speech detected." Other functions seem to be working fine though. Anyone else have this issue?

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

After you press the talk button on the steering wheel, make sure you wait for the beep before speaking.

The car will say "Say a command, or say help" ...pause.... "beep"! After that beep, say "Call Bob Smith". The car should respond "Call Bob Smith, is that correct?....beep"! After that beep, say "yes".

Out of curiosity, what kind of phone are you using?
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    After you press the talk button on the steering wheel, make sure you wait for the beep before speaking.

The car will say "Say a command, or say help" ...pause.... "beep"! After that beep, say "Call Bob Smith". The car should respond "Call Bob Smith, is that correct?....beep"! After that beep, say "yes".

Out of curiosity, what kind of phone are you using?
    I definitely am waiting for the beep... I'm not sure what the issue is. What is weird is that I tried to call the same person on the day I got the car (it worked) but every time since then it hasn't.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Android ICS.

Quote Originally Posted by danscrim View Post
    I definitely am waiting for the beep... I'm not sure what the issue is. What is weird is that I tried to call the same person on the day I got the car (it worked) but every time since then it hasn't.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Android ICS.
    That certainly is weird. It's possible that the answer is something simple, such as the microphone not being firmly connected or defective. If you have a moment, try using other voice commands such as "Siriusly Sinatra, XM" or "107.7 FM", making sure to wait for the beep before speaking.

If these simple radio commands fail to work, my guess is that there's an easily correctable issue with your microphone. Try that out and report back if you don't mind.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    That certainly is weird. It's possible that the answer is something simple, such as the microphone not being firmly connected or defective. If you have a moment, try using other voice commands such as "Siriusly Sinatra, XM" or "107.7 FM", making sure to wait for the beep before speaking.

If these simple radio commands fail to work, my guess is that there's an easily correctable issue with your microphone. Try that out and report back if you don't mind.
    Just checked and both the radio commands work perfectly. It's like when it gets into the phone commands it just blows up and stops working. Really weird. I even tried to call a person named "Adam Clark" and "Home" thinking an easy name to pronounce might help... still nothing. It just says "pardon" a couple times. Then it'll go into the phone menu and give me more specific directions. Then it'll finally say "No speech detected" and exit the whole thing. Very weird.

stlxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Same problem here with my Android phone. Can't voice call contacts on phone. Add contact to vehicle contact list and call is made. Cadillac cue has no answer. They tried to help but so far nothing. Anyone with Android with ice creme sandwich able to voice dial from phone contract list.

Quote Originally Posted by stlxts View Post
    Same problem here with my Android phone. Can't voice call contacts on phone. Add contact to vehicle contact list and call is made. Cadillac cue has no answer. They tried to help but so far nothing. Anyone with Android with ice creme sandwich able to voice dial from phone contract list.
    That may be the problem right there- you may have changed the contact list from "your device" to "vehicle", so CUE is not looking in your phone for the contact you're speaking.

When you go into CUE's phone menu and press the "contacts" tab at the bottom of the screen, look over on the right side of the CUE screen and you'll see a button to "change contact source". If it is currently set to "Vehicle contacts", then voice commands will only be able to access the contacts you've manually stored in the CUE system (not over Bluetooth). Press the "change contact source" and then switch back to your Bluetooth device. You should then be able to scroll through all your phone's contacts on the CUE screen, and voice dialing should begin working correctly.

Android phones also require that you give permission for outside devices to read your contacts, so make sure you go into the BT settings on your phone, press the menu hard key, and under "advanced", enable phonebook access. CUE reads the contacts when it first initializes, so if phonebook access was turned off in your phone, you'll need to shut down the car completely and restart CUE after enabling it. From then on, it should automatically load your contacts every time you get in the vehicle.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

stlxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Tony
    Thanks for your input. I have paired the phone multiple occasions and states contacts. Contacts always show on the CUE. CUE defaults every time to Android contract list. In order to voice call a manual vehicle contract I have to change contacts to vehicle then call.

Checked CUE tonight. CUE on Android contacts which show on screen. No luck voice dial. Am I only Android with this problem.

MyfirstCad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Thundergray 13 ATS Performance V6

Voice command calls work from my sync'd Droid Razor.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by gort View Post
    That reminds me of the one thing I hated about my cadillacs. I never understood why only certain auto makers disable input while the car is moving. As if you never have a passenger who could be perfectly capable of entering stuff into the GPS while you're moving.
    Oh no! I though my yet to be received XTS would do better. I was always mad when my wife was driving my 03 STS, that I couldn't enter an address. Well the 03 STS cannot tell if a passenger is sitting in the car. But now? Some other cars and even stand-alone GPS's (which know when you are moving but can't tell if the passenger seat is cocupied) let you do it. So, anyway, it's not the law that prevents Cadillac to be more accommodating. Yes I know I could put a weight on the passenger seat, but give me the benefit of being able to think for myself regarding safety. Please fix this.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by holzheuer View Post
    When did you get the Ipad. I picked my car up this week and had no mention of an I-pad so did the dealer give it to you or did GM mail it as I have seen posts suggesting both. Love the car and the CUE isnt to bad to work with but I haven't had alot of time with it yet. Garage door this weekend.
    If you are in Canada, I received an e-mail from stating that GM Canada does not supply an iPad.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.