P0741 and state inspection - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Tech Tips - How to fix it Discussion, P0741 and state inspection in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; My 1999 Deville with 195,000 Mi. now thorws the code in third gear also. Any suggestions?...
    bschelle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS 1999 Deville 1991 Eldorado

Re: P0741 and state inspection

My 1999 Deville with 195,000 Mi. now thorws the code in third gear also. Any suggestions?

2001_Seville_SLS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Seville SLS

Test the TCC Solenoid to see if it has failed electrically. Replace it using this inexpensive procedure if it has.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...741-p1860.html

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

I would like to amend my initial post. My car started throwing code P0741 about 4 years and 40,000 miles ago. It would only set if I was in OD and went over 41 mph. The code is now setting if I drive in 3rd. I am getting ready to go through inspection and was going thru my ritual.

So at some point if you do not get your trans repaired the code will begin setting in 3rd which will make my initial post invalid. Sorry for that folks I didn't know

Don

Kevin Jaskulski is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac deville

will this work on a 2003 DeVille?

Quote Originally Posted by Dadillac View Post
    If your state/county has emissions inspection that relies on the OBDII and dyno method read this. My car has a faulty TCC and it throws the P0741 code. You will fail inspection if your car has any PCM codes. The way to combat this without having your car repaired (very expensive) is as follows. First, through the DIC, clear the codes. Do not go to inspection at this time as your emissions system will not be able to be read by the inspectors computer and you will fail. Drive the car for a week or two only in third gear. The P0741 only sets if yoiu are in overdrive and get above 41 mph. After your week or so of driving your systems will be "ready". Go back to inspection, and you should be golden. I checked for the code after every drive and it never appeared.

Don

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.