How to Shut off DRLs (and add digital coolant temp and speedo in the dic) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Tech Tips - How to fix it Discussion, How to Shut off DRLs (and add digital coolant temp and speedo in the dic) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Also wanted to add that at least for my '96 Deville, all of the other options in the list work ...
    Chris Luongo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Deville

Re: How to Shut off DRLs (and add digital coolant temp and speedo in the dic)

Also wanted to add that at least for my '96 Deville, all of the other options in the list work very well!

I was successfully able to:

1: Disable DRLs. Twilight Sentinel is still 100% functional.

2. Supress BTSI message. The dash no longer displays the "depress brake to shift from park" message at startup.

3. Enable factory security system. My Deville apparently didn't have the $300 optional factory alarm, but all the equipment is in place. As soon as I added the override code, I've got a fully functional alarm now!

JHowdy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Past: 1994 DeVille Concours / Present: 1997 Seville STS

Re: How to Shut off DRLs (and add digital coolant temp and speedo in the dic)

Although this is an ooold thread I say: thanks a million!!!

I have a 1997 STS that was originally imported to Germany but nowadays lives it's new youth in Finland with only 144.000km (89tml). I bought this car one month ago and was very disappointed to find out that the speedometer showed about 10% too high. This being my sixth American automobile in a row (I've had two Plymouths, two Chryslers and two Cadillacs) and never ever before had I seen such an inaccurate speedometer - not even in those 1960's Plymouths.

Well, I first changed the IPS05 Option E (DIC features) mentioned earlier in the opening post to get the digital km/h reading. That proved to show the same value as the "analog" speedo. So, nothing wrong with the analog meter.

Next thing I changed the IPS02 OPtion B (Export Country) from 16 (EEC) to 2 (Canada). I first tried this a couple of times with the car parked safely and then went to motor way, engaged the cruise control at about 2000-2100RPM with the speedo showing 108km/h with Export country option EEC (16) and then changed it to Canada (2). The speedometer (both digital and analog) readings dropped down to 100km/h. Boy, am I happy now! Now the speedo error is reduced to the normal 2..3km/h (1..2mph) that I've been familiar with in my earlier American cars.

It's a well known fact that the speedometers in most European and Japanese make cars show that extra 10% - what the heck for, I just wonder? - but I was very surprised to find out that even an American car manufacturer had gone into that international idiocy.

So thanks again for this tip! I'll yet have to check that my lights act normally (more or less according to the Finnish legislation) and if they do, I'll stick to Canada from now on. I tried the Sweden/Norway (1) option also but that gave me the obligatory DRL feature that I do not like.

PS. I did not get the digital Engine RPM message although I set the IPS05 Option E (DIC features) to 127. But that's a minor flaw .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.