AC Blower Motor Install Tips
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RockOn123
Cadillac Tech Tips - How to fix it Discussion, AC Blower Motor Install Tips in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; FWIW. I replaced the blower motor in my 1996 Deville. All of the threads I read said that I would ...
    RockOn123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

AC Blower Motor Install Tips

FWIW.

I replaced the blower motor in my 1996 Deville. All of the threads I read said that I would need to lower the engine a few inches to have plenty of room.

I was able to slide the new unit right in without lowering the engine. I did remove a single sensor (the one to the right of center almost directly underneath the support member bolted between the two strut towers. I loosened the metal clip enough so I could rotate is 180 degrees out of the way. I also unplugged the electrical connectors on the side of the spark plug wire header.

Once these were removed/unplugged, I slid the new unit right in. I did have to rotate the housing a little bit to get the unit situated and past the various wire harnesses etc. But it basically slid right in. I'm sure glad I just tried to install the new unit without lowering the engine....

The unit came from Autozone with a lifetime warranty. Siemens VDO Part# PM6009. The UPC code is 053674060092. For those of you that think you should take this to the shop because it will be too much work, I was able to install the new unit in about 30 minutes. I will never have a shop do this repair.

Make sure that you remove the sensor and rotate its mounting clip. That was the key!
    vinray89 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: AC Blower Motor Install Tips

I suspect that the AZ blower is slightly different from the A/C Delco blower. I R & R'd a blower on my '97 Deville and there is no way it would go in without rocking the engine forward an inch or two (not hard to do). I don't think there is any difference in the '96 & '97's that would account for this so it must be in the blower motor.

white97deville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '97 Deville

I did my '97 Deville without lowering the engine also. The trick in my case was to slightly enlarge the upper part of the hole that the squirrel cage slides into with some sanding rolls on a Dremel. Didn't take very long either. Didn't force or bind anything in the process. Been working good for a couple of years now.

dcarter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 96 DeVille

I had a smoking blower a few days ago in my 96 DeVille. Came straight to his forum and read up. Called Autozone, but they said they had to order the blower, it's 95-98 here in Houston so I didn't want to wait. Found it for 234 at another autoparts chain, O'Reillys, and proceeded to install today. The install went pretty well.

I was hoping not to have to tilt the engine but I just couldn't get it in, so I removed the top engine mounts and put in a turnbuckle connected to the original bolts and it worked nicely. Moved the engine about an inch, got the blower in and put everything back together. (glad I didn't buy the $40 tool)

Unfortunately the blower doesn't work. I'm wondering if something else went out when the motor overheated. Checked all the fused and they were all good. Interior lights also went out about the same time.

Any ideas?

diggity is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Deville Concours

Quote Originally Posted by dcarter View Post
    Unfortunately the blower doesn't work. I'm wondering if something else went out when the motor overheated. Checked all the fused and they were all good. Interior lights also went out about the same time.

Any ideas?
    I'm in the process of figuring out why my fuse had blown. When it did, I lost interior lights and cigarette lighter too.

Found out it was a 50 amp fuse located near the airbox. You need to remove the plastic shield that is near the Driver's Side strut tower and the airbox. It lifts straight up and wiggle it a little. You will see another fuse block below the other fuses. Look at the back of the plastic cover for a chart. Use your owner's manual to decide which fuse controls what. It was the 4th one from the top, on the left side.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.