DeVille Window Regulator/Motor Repair - HOWTO pdf - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
Cadillac Tech Tips - How to fix it Discussion, DeVille Window Regulator/Motor Repair - HOWTO pdf in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I just repaired the passenger side front window on my 01 Deville. I had planned on using the cotter pins, ...
    bigtone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS, 2006 DTS, 2001 Deville,

Re: 2000 Deville Window Regulator Fix

I just repaired the passenger side front window on my 01 Deville. I had planned on using the cotter pins, but when I got it all ripped apart, I noticed that there are 2 sets of metal 'fingers' which are encased in the plastic piece that seems to always break. I would imaging that these 'fingers' are what holds the plastic to the steel regulator. Parts of the plastic on mine was completely broken away, exposng the metal fingers which are part of the stamping of the regulator assembly. With the cable in place, I squeezed the fingers together with pliers (on both the up and down side) and it now works like new. Did not even need the cotter pins. I should have stopped to take a picture of what I'm talking about, but I didn't think about it until I had it all back together.
    ORCoastGuy and ORCoastGuy like this.

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

Re: DeVille Window Regulator/Motor Repair - HOWTO pdf

That thing is just achored to the middle area of the door.
    Don't pull on it. LIFT it off.

Dave NYC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville

Thumbs up Re: DeVille Window Regulator/Motor Repair - HOWTO pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Don't pull on it. LIFT it off.
    Correct......

Breeze454 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville 1965 Coupe Deville

Just did the cotter pin fix to a reg I replaced a year ago, that just broke again, perfect solution, good work ELI ICE.

bevdaily is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 DeVille

my right rear (passenger side) window fell. My son attempted to open panels. He got the outer panel off successfully but is concerned about the wiring connection. He says it "looks" like he would have to cut wires and is not willing to do that. Can you help?

8.2liter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 DES yes DES

Thanks ELI ICE. Borderline genius. Now somebody needs to sell a kit online containing 2 cotter pins for $19.95. Seriously, luckily I had the Gorilla black duct tape in the "03 DES yes DES for the automatic window drop 40 minutes from home in a balmy 88 degrees. So keep the duct tape in the trunk if you have any plastic regulators in play.

DSNCB919 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum

Im attempting the cotter pin fix but Im a bit confused, okay for one when I got my regulator out I realized that the top wheel of the pulley system the wire isant overtop of it as it should be and its way to tight to pull it over the pulley, other than that my regulator looks fine but where do I put the cotter pins exactly? like in the imagine it looks like they are on the beed but then it looks like they are on the part of the regulator that goes up and down.. can someone please explain in detail?

jimalicia is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): deville

Man, I would be happy to buy the gent that posted the cotter pin fix above! 1.98 to repair the RR, too bad I didn't know this for the first 3!

Leeho is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Deville DHS

I just fixed my Driver side window with the cotter pin method. Working so far. Also had to remove the cable gearbox the motor is mounted on to re-string the cable that had come off the spool inside the gearbox. I drilled out the rivets holding the gearbox to the frame, then replaced the rivets with 10-32 screw and nut. (only replaced 3 of the 4- the 4th screw interfered with the motor mounting flush to the frame.
    THANKS TO ALL FOR THEN INFO ON DOOR PANEL REMOVAL(Lowcola) AND COTTER PIN REPAIR! Easy to follow and such complete information.

BigDaddy63 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Cadillac Deville DTS

My damn driver side regulator popped for the FOURTH time in 3 years, so I did the cotter pin repair. Other than a little play, it seems to be working fine and should actually be stronger than the stupid plastic piece GM decided to use for a 60K car.

Now, for about 30 cents I can fix this problem in the future

Thanks again

ninefinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Deville

I just fixed the regulator on my 2002 Deville using the Cotter Pin trick. Except I didn't have any cotter pins handy so I made some out of #10 solid copper wire. Seems to be a very stable fix. Thanks again to all in this forum. Great ideas that save me lots of money and time.
    wessongroup and wessongroup like this.

cloudsts98 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 cadillac sts

great tip. im going to try this during the weekend. i did already take my door panel off and looked at the regulator because i need to hold the window up somehow. i noitced the cable is kinked (bent or twisted) will this still work? im wondering if its going to get stuck in the motor becuse its twisted.
    also any ideas on how to stop the slack in the window? thx guys!

aamir209 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Deville DHS

Please help i can't find the pdf when i click on the link it doesn't work. What should i do?

jralvara is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Deville DTS

I have the same problem as aamir209, the link to the pdf is dead. Could someone re-up it? Thanks!

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

I PM'd the OP to repost it if he can, but he hasn't been here since 10/11/11.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.