DeVille Window Regulator/Motor Repair - HOWTO pdf - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
Cadillac Tech Tips - How to fix it Discussion, DeVille Window Regulator/Motor Repair - HOWTO pdf in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I followed the link to the "HOW TO" pdf file and found it quite useful in assisting me with the ...
    gjtausc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac DHS

Re: DeVille Window Regulator/Motor Repair - HOWTO pdf

I followed the link to the "HOW TO" pdf file and found it quite useful in assisting me with the repair of the right front and left rear windows on my 2000 Cadillac DHS.

For the RF window, I used a short piece of "plumbers tape", which is metal, comes in a roll and is easily pliable for the task at hand. I secured the node on the mechanism cable as close to the original location as possible and used 3 pop rivets in close proximity to one another and the window regulator works as it should.

For the LR window, I wasn't as fortunate as the motor had kept operating long enough to mess up the cable mechanism portion and I was forced to order a new regulator. From this link, < http: //www .car-stuff. com/store/?N=9836+4294963365+1586+11921+9331 > , I ordered a regulator without the motor - cost with shipping charges was less than $40.00. The item was ordered on a Wednesday and I had it delivered via FEDEX Ground by the following Monday. I was very pleased with the fast service/delivery.

((I've added 3 spaces in the above link so that it would pass through))

wewejonson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 dts

Re: 2000 Deville Window Regulator Fix

Quote Originally Posted by infrancom View Post
    gonna try the cotter pins myself, any feedback on how they have been working?
    i am going to try that tomorrow this forum is great it is good to see people working together to fix there cars. so many people just take it somewhere now. whatever happen to taking a couple of hours out on Saturday to work on the car with your kids watching and learning stuff as you're bonding. its better that video games
    wessongroup and wessongroup like this.

baller95 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 00 DTS, 07 STS-V & 06 ESV Platinum

This is what I'm going to do when the weather is nice in a few days ! And like everyone is asking, is there a specific size?

cepeda0812 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Deville, 96 SLS, 90 Seville

Quote Originally Posted by lowscola View Post
    There have been many complaints regarding window regulator failure for certain 2000+ Cadillac DeVilles. I have had all of mine fail one by one. The first was fixed at the dealer for ~$500.00. The second one I did myself for $180.00.

I've put together a how to in pdf format and can be downloaded at:

http://www.maddoxcomputersystems.com...dow_repair.pdf
    This link does not work and I desperately need to replace the window lift motor in my deville which just broke on me about an hour ago. I appreciate any help thank you

Dave NYC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville (Base)

Hi,

I have an 01 Deville and the rear passenger door's window stopped moving up. But, I could hear the motor. Being I live in New York City, I need to park on the street. Plus, it has been raining, So, I took the inside door penal off and I raised the window and wedged cardboard tightly to keep it upright, this way the car is somewhat safer.

I have been seeing the average price for the regulator for $80+, I went to get prices at Auto Zone, etc; and the prices were all about the same.

Then, I look on ebay and found one for about $42 with free UPS shipping, the seller has sold about 72 of these and has 99.9% positive feedback.

Could anyone tell me if this is the right part and if it makes sense to purchase it. I'm working against the clock. Because, this problem needs to be addressed quickly. It should cost about $40 to have it installed, if I decide to have it done right.

But, before I make a purchase, I need some advice on this part that is on the link below, I will be very thankful for your help and advice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tchlink:top:en

NorthStar67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DHS

I had this problem and didn't replace anything but the metal wire that moved the regulator easy and cheap fix.

2002 Devile DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 DTS

Looks like the right part to me..... Good price with the motor.

2002 Devile DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 DTS

I am replacing to regulators next week with ones I bought a while ago, I was wondering, is there any reason I couldn't put the cotter pins in the new regulators as I install them, in case the plastic factory piece in the new regulator fails in the future?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar67 View Post
    I had this problem and didn't replace anything but the metal wire that moved the regulator easy and cheap fix.
    I was not asking you all that, I was asking if this was the right part.

Quote Originally Posted by 2002 Devile DTS View Post
    Looks like the right part to me..... Good price with the motor.
    Thanks, you are correct, it is the right part as i double checked it, I ordered it Tuesday and it came the next day with free shipping. So, this should not be a problem. Thanks again.

I'm going to have it installed tomorrow, I hope it works, it is pretty sturdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave NYC View Post
    I'm going to have it installed tomorrow, I hope it works, it is pretty sturdy.
    Update:

Well, everything turned out great. I took the Caddy over to the local shop and they installed the regulator for $47. So, that was $40 for the brand new rear passenger window regulator and $47 to install, making it a grand total of $87 and about 45 minutes wait time (I brought a book to read). I think I got off pretty easy, as everything is so expensive in New York. The regulator works like a charm.

Thanks for all your advice.

jerrit1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville DTS

I don't think that would give you the results you are looking for.
    your two options are do the cotter pin repair on your broken regulator or just install the new regulator as is.
    I did the cotter pin fix on my LR door. I drilled where the plastic broke and put the cotter pin through the hole. I did not do the cotter pin on the top and bottom, the bottom plastic was fully intact, I only add the cotter pin to the top (that gets the most stress from rolling window up). Just did this fix today...my first one, hopefully it lasts.

kildysartkid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 deville

I was feeling very happy that I did not have the window regulator issues that most seem to have with their Caddys and bingo it happened today. I repaired my passenger side window regulator using this cotter pin fix, I used 5/32" x 2'' cotter pins and washers also, as in the pics earlier in the thread. Its important to bend the cotter pins tight to the rail as possible, I used a screwdriver to push up on the cotter pins from underneath as you are bending it. This will help reduce play in the window travel. Also for ease of putting the door panel back on I made sure both steel spring clips for the arm rest area were on the door rather than the panel, this way you just have to line up the locating pins of the door panel with the holes in the door and push it on. Also you will need a T-20 torx screwdriver to remove 2 clips that help to hold the water shield in place, this was not mentioned earlier.

gwite is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Deville 2004

Hello everyone. I found these forums in seeking a remedy for quite probably the same issues. It may have been mentioned in the other thread, but has anyone tried combining the cotter pins with a little epoxy in maybe trying to make the pins more stable?

I kinda dread taking the door apart, but I really almost don't have a choice. Really strapped finacially, so I think I will have to try my attempt at a self repair here. My driver's front door window gave a loud "pop" one day. About the next time I used the car, heard a similar but not quite so loud pop while adjusting the window. When I rolled it completely down, it fails to move at all anymore.

Thanks so much for all the info here. Hope I am able to use it successfully.

gwite is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Deville 2004

2004 Deville base
    Driver's window won't roll up.

Hello all. New to the forumsas probably the same has occurred in my 2004 base Deville. Like some others here, I am just havine a heck of a time getting the driver's door liner off. That thing is just achored to the middle area of the door.

You guys sure the 2004 is the same. Just don't know what to do.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.