Vibration Cure
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Tech Tips - How to fix it Discussion, Vibration Cure in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Some cars are more prone to vibration problems than others. It seems the Eldo & Seville are such though the ...
    Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Vibration Cure

Some cars are more prone to vibration problems than others. It seems the Eldo & Seville are such though the Deville is not entirely excluded. At any rate, if you have a vibration problem that a spin balance will not cure, then go for a Road Force Balance. The following link explaines it and has a locator button to help find one in your area.
    http://www.gsp9700.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Pjs
    Pjs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Vibration Cure

Awesome dude! Thanks for posting that. I've had balancing issues with this and my last cad and no shop ever seemed to be able to do it right...but thanks to the link, turns out the Chev dealer around the corner from me has one. 2 very enthusiastic thumbs up!

lry99eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Is it just me or is it that Cadillacs are a bit more sensitive to various vibrations. Since owning my Eldo ETC I seem to pick up on things that I don't think I normally would in other cars. Is it the soundness of the cab, does it provide just a bit more "feel" than most? Like when I get rolling first thing in the morning I am very aware of that flat spot in the tires after setting all night and it takes a 1/4 mile or so for them to warm up and round out. If I'm just crazy that would explain it, but maybe some of you agree.
    lry99eldo

cl1986 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, 94 SLS got crushed

Quote Originally Posted by lry99eldo
    Is it just me or is it that Cadillacs are a bit more sensitive to various vibrations. Since owning my Eldo ETC I seem to pick up on things that I don't think I normally would in other cars. Is it the soundness of the cab, does it provide just a bit more "feel" than most? Like when I get rolling first thing in the morning I am very aware of that flat spot in the tires after setting all night and it takes a 1/4 mile or so for them to warm up and round out. If I'm just crazy that would explain it, but maybe some of you agree.
    lry99eldo
    What??? what kind of tires are u running????

I think your crazy....

Patrick7997 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ESC, 2004 Escalade, 2007 HD Road King Classic

I've had a few flat spot issues, but usually the car was sitting for a month plus.....all winter, usually.

Tip #1: inflate the tires more. If you know you're going to park it for awhile, put the tires at or near the max. At the very least, make sure none of the tires are low on air....

Tip #2: get some old carpeting, like 2 or 3 pieces, put them on top of each other, and park the car on the carpeting if you know it's going to sit for awhile. This can be very effective.

Tip #3: if all else fails, get the car up on blocks. You may not even have to get the tires completely airborne, just get the car up some, to take weight off the tires. Opinions vary on this, I've had people tell me it's bad to take all the weight off the suspension, and I've had other tell me that's bull, get the thing up in the air.

My Harley sits on a stand all winter, and I have had no suspension problems, having the suspension completely unloaded all winter.

sjpi1954 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Thanks Ranger,

Just got finished working on my '02 SLS and I do the FRB at Vannoys on 9th here in Pensacola tomorrow. They charge $18 per tire and they 'Warn You we might have to true the tires'. Really. I'm thinking, who ever decided it wasn't necessary in the first place?

On a separate note I'd like to comment on your statement that 'The Northstar water pump is the easiest water pump I have ever removed.'

Well, I thought about that alot yesterday while changing mine. Never having worked on a Northstar engine before and only having a Haynes Manual, you know, the book you use as a backup when you run out of TP, I realized you probably meant what you said literally.

I agree with your literal words BUT I will say that just getting to the water pump for the first time cost me a lot of skin and blood. Having big hands did not help matters at all. Once I actually put the removal tool on and removed it I understood what you meant.

Installing everything from A-Z went a lot smoother than taking everything apart. The road test was flawless and no leaks. 100% AC Delco parts and DexCool, with sealant, new gaskets and seals, and a little suprised at how competitive the Pensacola Dealership is with all the other parts stores.

The restoration is on track and hopefully the road trip to Houma, LA, tomorrow will be pretty smooth at legal speeds. Driving around today was sheer joy. Man, what a machine...

Thanks for everything Ranger,

Never give up, never surrender

JP

sjpi1954 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Gentlemen,

My 4 Goodyear Integrity tires had tread separation at half life and therefore impossible to RFB. Got a second opinion and ditto. Took it to the next level and after some research I decided to buy 4 Toyo Proxes TPT H rated skins. 650 mile free test drive on these skins. IF I don't like em they go back...So far that isn't going to happen.

I watched the Tech do the work and he showed me how the Hunter GSP 9700 Road Force Balance Machine worked. Probably one of the best things to happen to Cadillac...ever.

I now have just over 300 miles on these skins and SMOOTH is the only word I know from 0-112 mph. Great traction and tenacious grip. Still getting 28mpg at 70 so that part is a letdown from the Goodyears getting 30mpg at 70. No shudder, no vibration, normal road feedback, no intermittent shaking, no problems at all.

Thanks Ranger for the hyperlink. I used it to find my RFB sources here in Pensacola and the results are worth it.

For those of you that ONLY want to RFB your skins the price runs about $18 per tire and some places include trueing with the RFB. Try and find one that has an experienced technician to do your work. My guy had to really work on 2 of the rims but he never faultered and never gave up. He had 4 years time on the Hunter Machine.

Never Give Up, Never Surrender,

JP

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

GM also wants the car driven a minimum of 10 miles before checking the balance to make sure any flat spots are out of the tires.

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

no wonnnndeeeerrrrrr, thats the machine they used when they put my new tires on the roadmaster, the ride was some awesome, i just thought that was a regular tire balancing machine. guess not

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.