2000 STS Northstar Propane/LPG conversion - Europe
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Submariner409
Cadillac Tech Tips - How to fix it Discussion, 2000 STS Northstar Propane/LPG conversion - Europe in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hello all, Last year I've converted my STS to Propane/LPG. My goal was to install a liquid propane injection set ...
    Jan Kraakman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS pearl white, my long time dream :-)

2000 STS Northstar Propane/LPG conversion - Europe

Hello all,
    Last year I've converted my STS to Propane/LPG. My goal was to install a liquid propane injection set due to my understanding that injecting the propane as a liquid in the intake like gasoline it would cool the mixture leading to an increased charging of the cylinders (no power loss) and eventually cooler burn temperatures (less temp. stress on valves etc.) compared to vapor injection. After searching the web I came to two brand options, Vialle and Icom. Since Vialle only allows their dealers to install their product and I, run my own shop for +32 years, wanted to install it myself the choice was easily made. Although the JTG2 system http://www.icomnorthamerica.com/jtg-ii-bi-fuel-3 is a fairly simple instal and adjust, I had to overcome some minor difficulties. I wanted the fill valve behind the gasoline fuel filler door but to gain acces from the inside of the trunk to the fuel filler housing I had to cut out / get thru the body inner metal. The filler valve and hose are not Icom btw but temporally.
    IMG_1816.JPG IMG_1817.JPG

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2000 Seville/STS Northstar Propane/LPG conversion.

I then started to install the 86 liter tank with intern fuel pump. But before I could I had to relocate the radio receiver that was mounted in the bracket behind the navigation unit.
    IMG_1937.JPG IMG_2008.JPG IMG_2010.JPG IMG_2011.JPG IMG_1956.JPG IMG_1957.JPG IMG_1958.JPG

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 2000 Seville/STS Northstar Propane/LPG conversion.

Nice work, Jon. Due to the extremely limited use of LPG in U.S. converted motor cars, I'll move your (ongoing ?) tutorial down to a permanent home in Cadillac Tech Tips.

Welcome to the Forums !!!!
    Jan Kraakman likes this.

Re: 2000 STS Northstar Propane/LPG conversion - Europe

Thanks Submarine,

Here's the final tank install https://plus.google.com/photos/10843...72854933847805
    I'll be posting more as soon as possible

Jan.

PontiacV8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS, Sold: 1997 Cadillac Seville STS (EXP)

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Kraakman View Post
    ...link doesn't "work"...( google+ account needed...!!)

...btw....why didn't you use a toroidal tank (stako etc.) in the spare wheel area? (...to save some more space in the trunk)

I've changed the sharing option in Picasa so it should work now, I've tried it on my wife's computer
    The reason not using a toroidal tank was that the spare wheel space wasn't deep enough and the tank would be to small if I did

Jan.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.