TB and IAC (idle air control) valve cleaning - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac Tech Tips - How to fix it Discussion, TB and IAC (idle air control) valve cleaning in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Ern, Most of us think you have CKP problems - but if you want to clean the IAC, in your ...
    Submariner409 is online now If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: TB and IAC (idle air control) valve cleaning

Ern, Most of us think you have CKP problems - but if you want to clean the IAC, in your car it's held by 2 Philips or Torx machine screws into the left (front) side of the TB. The screws are easy to drop - careful. Remove the IAC and clean the top hat plunger with a bit of TB spray but be careful not to let much/any run into the solenoid body itself. Also clean out the bore and passage in the TB with a fuzzy pipe cleaner - packs of them from craft stores. Rub a drop of engine oil on the O-ring and replace the IAC.

BigErn23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac Seville STS

Thanks for the illustration.
    ....not sure about the butt plug, though.

I figured I'll give it a shot. I understand its likely going to come down to the CKP, but I wont have time for that for a week or two.
    But thanks for all your time/help. I'll check the IAC tomorrow just to see if it makes any difference.
    If it is CKP for certain, think that would cause poor idle at standstill?

Anyway.....if none of this works I'll just get a couple of them chrome fender louvers and be done with it.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

My bad CKP sensor never caused an idle problem and I can't recall ever hearing of that. When they go bad they cause a longer than normal crank time and/or a stall at idle or sometimes a stumble or stall at cruise.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.