Cadillac Tech Tips - How to fix it Discussion, 2004 Cadillac DeVille DHS/Base Center Console Arm Rest Replacement in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; These steps apply to the 2004 DeVille DHS and Base Model. In General 2000 - 2005 DHS and Base Models ...
- 02-02-08 01:58 AM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): Cadillac
- Join Date
- Feb 2007
2004 Cadillac DeVille DHS/Base Center Console Arm Rest Replacement
These steps apply to the 2004 DeVille DHS and Base Model. In General 2000 - 2005 DHS and Base Models should be the same. I am posting this because someone was asking how much time is involved in replacing the Armrest.
Tools you will need:
1: Torx #27 bit:
Because we are not working on any electrical parts in this section, battery power does not need to be removed.
1) Move the front seats as far forward as they will go using the Seat controls.
2) Locate the two finishing plugs on the side of the Center Console
3) Rotate the plugs counter-clockwise to loosen and remove.
4) Using a Torx #27 Bit, unscrew the two screws, one on each side of the console.
5) Rotate the console approximately 45 degrees and pull it towards the roof maintaining the 45" angle. [Note: the hinges in the console are notched at 45 degrees to allow the console pivot rods to slide out]. If the armrest sticks, pull on the side of the center console to give the armrest pivot rods room to slide out.
You are done!!
- 02-02-08 10:02 AM #2
Re: 2004 Cadillac DeVille DHS/Base Center Console Arm Rest Replacement
For some reason, the image link for steps 1 and 2 did not come over.
Armrest Screw Locations Console Images
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts