Subject: Use of E85 Fuels in Vehicles Not Certified As Being FlexFuel Compatible/Afte - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Tech Tips - How to fix it Discussion, Subject: Use of E85 Fuels in Vehicles Not Certified As Being FlexFuel Compatible/Afte in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; In the FWIW category, I do notice a mileage increase when I go to Northern Wisconsin. I can only get ...
    Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Subject: Use of E85 Fuels in Vehicles Not Certified As Being FlexFuel Compatible/

In the FWIW category, I do notice a mileage increase when I go to Northern Wisconsin. I can only get E10 here, but when I get just south of the Wisconsin border or into Wisconsin I can get E0.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Re: Subject: Use of E85 Fuels in Vehicles Not Certified As Being FlexFuel Compatible/

Do the pumps say what they are using as an oxygenate?
    I remember when all the petrol companies got miffed out in CA because they couldn't use MTBE anymore and all had to switch to Ethanol. I think the price of gas shot up like 50 cents just from the news reports.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Out here they all say 10% ethanol.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Maryland (urban and close counties) says something like "The fuel dispensed from this pump may contain up to 10% ethanol........." (I believe outlying counties change formulae for winter and summer, like MTBE changed with the seasons)

Up and down the east coast ethanol use is really determined by those areas which the Environmental Bureaucracy determines to be below the air quality standards set by the envelopes placed in a mayonnaise jar on the doorstep of Funk & Wagnalls at midnight on Saturday. (i.e.: it's political.) My county is not mandated to use oxygenates in motor fuels but the Commissioners, in their infinite wisdom, elected to follow the urban dictate in order to get some EPA payoff dollars. It's all political, folks, and has nothing to do with your or my health. Except maybe in SoCal.

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

I would agree much of the Ethanol use is politician based. I hate that, E85 itself, I am fine with, but not a fan of E10.... Just a ploy to get "I created jobs" signs on the politician who created it, what they don't say is how temporary they are and how much other issues they cause with older cars... Like sunk floats, deteriorated fuel lines, failed fuel pumps, etc.

Lithorian is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville 4.9 Liter, 1988 Camaro Iroc-Z 5.0 Liter

every station here says 10% as well, but i notice if i use mobil, i get the most fuel mileage, but if i fill up on say citgo? i lose about 50 miles from a full tank, which leads me to believe that some of these companies are lying about the concentration of ethanol in their fuels

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Maryland's pump sticker says "The fuel dispensed from this pump may contain up to 10% ethanol by volume". (Italics mine). So you really don't know what you're burning, and only certain areas (counties) require ethanol due to their location near clean, pristine DC or Bawlmer.

My county, Queen Anne's, is not required by law to dispense ethanol-laced fuel but it does, because the Commissioners get a kickback from the EPA for "voluntary compliance", which is ethanol lobby pork at its best.

Wisconsin passed law last year to push 10% ethanol statewide.... At least where I was they STILL were not getting it. Supply/Demand, politicians created a demand and there isn't enough supply.... I wasn't complaining...

Still ticks me off that politicians have used ethanol as a pawn to "create jobs" which is a joke, they didn't CREATE jack.

I would like to see more E85, but not E10.

Buzz up to Darien, WI, they have "real" gas at Rollette oil, the one @ 14 and County X.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Out here they all say 10% ethanol.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.