bypass VATS 92 Deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Tech Tips - How to fix it Discussion, bypass VATS 92 Deville in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have been reading a lot of forums about "No Start" due to Vehicle Anti Theft System and decided to ...
    racenutalways1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

bypass VATS 92 Deville

I have been reading a lot of forums about "No Start" due to Vehicle Anti Theft System and decided to add my 2 cents as all the info I acquired came from multiple forums and decided to place it in one forum to help any others do it urselfers to get rid of this pain of a system GM has going. Would be great if GM actually was helpful in this situation, but without 300.00, forget about it.

Play by play, how to bypass VATS.

First things first, visit here, this explains how to make a resistor to fool the computer the key is in the ignition.
    If that don't solve your no start problem, keep reading.

This is how to make a module to bypass the security system completely.
    If you're like me and that schematic just confuses you or just too darn lazy, you can buy a module for 25.00-35.00$, how cool is dat.

Bakerelectronix out of California make these modules for cheap.
    Do your homework on to which module is the right one for your vehicle, not sure, just ask them, they have great customer service and I recommend them to everyone.

My Cadillac is a 92 Deville, I had the wait 3 minute deal, installed my resistor pack, worked for 4 days, then got no start at all. Ordered module from bakerelectronix and installed it in 15 minutes, works like a charm.

You will need a wiring diagram to know which wire to cut at the PCM, bakerelectronix will also tell you the number you need to find.
    Don't have wiring digram, buy a subscription to alldata home page, I think I paid 30.00 for a year. Great add on to any do it urselfer.
    Subscription Process

Ok, now you have the module, the proper wiring diagram, now it's time to drop your PCM, mine was behind the glove box, tucked in deep against the firewall.

92 Deville> green wire from Vats module (dual frequency module) to F10 at cranking fuel enable circuit #229, dark blue wire. See attchement. I had an intermittent start and emailed the great minds at bakerselectronix, they responded quickly and advised me to cut the F10 wire going to the BCM. Bingo!! No more problems.
    Red wire goes to +12 V, seeing that my trunk button was closest, I chose that to install my red wire.
    Ground, clean out the area for you ground to make good contact.

Next, find the starter enable relay, way up behind the glove box. all by itself bolted to the firewall with one 10mm bolt. I removed the relay and installed a jumper wire. Turns over fine and with the module giving the PCM proper Hz to intitiate the fuel to my injectors, starts like a Caddy should.

P.S. If you're having trouble acquiring a wiring diagram, I may be able to help. I have Mitchell on Demand up to 2000.

Hope this helps. Good luck!!!

Rick

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: bypass VATS 92 Deville

very cool info... i know of a repo-guy who bought a little box with a 15 position switch
    it would fit over your key that didn't have a vats chip (b62 or something)
    not really practical for everyday use though

in our shop when a customer requests this we will use the resistors trick

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.