How to: more than quadruple the range of your car remote(fast & free too) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Tech Tips - How to fix it Discussion, How to: more than quadruple the range of your car remote(fast & free too) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Weister42: I'm going to try the antenna extension trick you posted as my RKE is pathetic too. I can be ...
    greg-sls is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1997 SLS

Re: How to: more than quadruple the range of your car remote(fast & free too)

Weister42: I'm going to try the antenna extension trick you posted as my RKE is pathetic too. I can be right up to the car and press unlock over and over turning the darn remote in all directions before it works. Yes - the batteries are new too. My 91 Eldo was fantastic and one press 40 feet away always worked.
    I also want to see if I can access the "box" from the trunk. There is a felt panel that easily removes revealing all kinds of components hidden behind the rear seat. That would be easier than taking the back seat out.

nicbrown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

btw can someone let me in on the forehead remote thing? I don't get it
    Answer:
    The oral cavity in your skull amplifies the signal.

eyekandyboats.inc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)

just press it to your forehead and it will have more range.

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

Takes too many brain cells away and I might forget to take it off my forehead.....

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by eyekandyboats.inc View Post
    any one try this out yet ( head to remote )
    Yes it works. I have been amazing people with it for years. I just hold it to my temple (like I am shooting myself with it). I Used to do the chin, open mouth thing, but found it was the same as the temple (which does not draw as much attention). Both work though.

99esteees is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

lol the famous meat mod.

MisterBlue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Don't know why, but my '98 would only work from about 30 feet, and you had to be "broadside" to the vehicle. My '05 will lock/unlock from 250-300 feet (easily), and the "panic" button will work even further!

The biggest asset to this capability is how easy it makes it to find the car in a large parking lot or garage.

hthorn is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The remote-to-the-head trick is not fiction--it works! I have to do this with a gate opener. It's nothing to do with the car itself, but I've found holding the fob up to my temple increases the range enough to get the gate to open. Before I was advised of this trick I used to have to hold the fob 3" from the receiver's antenna. Even after I replaced the battery, of course!

keelerdr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Deville D'Elegance

Thanks for the tip (the actual extension of the receiver's antenna by adding wire to the box behind the seat)!

The mouth/temple thing works because the transmitter is using you as an antenna to send the signal. I learned the chin thing a while back from a friend who used to valet cars. Same principle when you touch an FM antenna on a boom box...it will use you as an antenna (on the receiving side this time, rather than the sending side like the key fob was using) to improve reception.

Not sure of the health effects of either...but who cares.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.