First Speeding ticket!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, First Speeding ticket! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; For some reason, im proud to anounce my first speeding ticket in this beast. Late last night for going 60 ...
    03aleroj is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wink First Speeding ticket!

For some reason, im proud to anounce my first speeding ticket in this beast. Late last night for going 60 in a 45 zone.. whoops.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Re: First Speeding ticket!

hehe... good job?

Its all in the car man.. all in the car

1QUICKV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V SERIES

Every One With A V-series Is Bound To Get Speeding Tickets... I've Got Pulled Over 3 Times And I've Had The Car Since The End Of Winter. Two Speeding (unsafe Speed) And Double Yellow (unsafe Passing) Best Part Is They Were All Undercover Cops.... I Went To Court And Got Them Lowered.... That My God That Was It...

ssstealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS

Next time, try using my line... it works every time...

When he comes to the window and asks if you know why he pulled you over, tell him "Of course officer... Because I Let You!!!"

Yep, Im sure this is the start of many tickets. Acctually what I did was passed someone on a 2 lane road (doule yellow lines) and then she took off, luckily the cop was parked further up the road and didnt see me pass.

1QUICKV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V SERIES

thats what i did too in my cts-v... it seems like everyone in the world likes to drive slow when i'm behind them. i got unsafe passing due to the fact that the undercover cop was doing to slow, so i went over double yellow to pass.... and after he wrote up the ticket he told me that if i keep going i would of lost him.... so next time you pass a cop speeding keep speeding and dont stop untill your exit....

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

I'm gonna tell.

dhemrick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS

Smile Re: First Speeding ticket!

I hadn't even gotten home with my STS-V had driven it exactly 114 miles the day I picked it up before I got pulled over. 80 in a 70, and I wasn't even doing it on purpose. :-)

As soon as I saw him pull out behind me, I pulled over at the first convenient spot, stopped the engine, rolled down the window, put my hands on the wheel, and then laid on the Southern charm. "I'm sorry officer... I just got the car and was trying to set the cruise control and hit the wrong button. I'm very sorry!"

He took my license and registration, then came back to the car and handed me a warning (whew) and firmly advised me to keep my speed down. He handed my license back to me, and with a grin said "Enjoy your new toy, Mr. Hemrick". LOL

I got by with it THIS time. Needless to say, I was "nice" for the rest of the day.

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

Hey, the more gray hair you have, the greater the chance of getting a warning.

Ed

JPSTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldorado ETC, 2003 Escalade, 2007 STS-V All Black

Yea, after showing and talking about my car to several guys at work. One said,"I see speeding tickets in your future". Made me think about it, but cant help it at times, especially being cutoff. Most of the time they dont even know or care. So maybe he is right.....

jedhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I was pulled over the third day I had the car. The CHP officer walked around the car twice, peeled of the temp registration, asked for my driver's license and then told me to remember to put on the front license plate when I get in the mail. He gave me back my license and drove off. The second time I was pulled over, I was giving my friend a test ride and we did a very high speed speed check. Lucky for me my friend showed his ID and I did not get a ticket or warning.

Bob

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.