STS-V Engine
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, STS-V Engine in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Has there been any official word or at least a quote about the engine choices beeing considered for the STS-V?...
    CaddyGeek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

STS-V Engine

Has there been any official word or at least a quote about the engine choices beeing considered for the STS-V?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Re: STS-V Engine

Take this with a grain of salt.....but I've heard it will have the next z06 engine which will supposedly have 516hp....i have no source on this, just something i read...MT I think said to expect it in 18 months. GM has said the CTSV will eventually get ~500hp so 516 seems reasonable for the STSV

2004_SRX_ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    Take this with a grain of salt.....but I've heard it will have the next z06 engine which will supposedly have 516hp....i have no source on this, just something i read...MT I think said to expect it in 18 months. GM has said the CTSV will eventually get ~500hp so 516 seems reasonable for the STSV
    That's interesting, though nothing will be confirmed for a while. The LS2 seems like an impressive engine...

RES
    RES is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I heard there going with a supercharged 1.9 3cylinder vvt 185hp & 200 lb-ft of smokin torque, this will show those germans who's boss!!!

hehehe..just kidding, don't know what there going with either

lido is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by RES
    I heard there going with a supercharged 1.9 3cylinder vvt 185hp & 200 lb-ft of smokin torque, this will show those germans who's boss!!!

hehehe..just kidding, don't know what there going with either
    How about a 12 cylinder northstar coupled with a Tiptronic transmission that will be nice,or a seven speed manual but for some reason I dont like the idea of a manual trans on a Cadillac,no offfense to the CTS people.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

I think the CTS-V is fine with a manual. but I would like to see a choice with the STS. One of the few gripes with the E55 and M5 is that one is auto and the other is manual, with no other choices. if the STS could offer both, at least they would be offering something that the others don't.

lido is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    I think the CTS-V is fine with a manual. but I would like to see a choice with the STS. One of the few gripes with the E55 and M5 is that one is auto and the other is manual, with no other choices. if the STS could offer both, at least they would be offering something that the others don't.
    Tiptronic is a good option so those who dont know how to use a clutch wont be left behind,plus still good to drive where there is traffic.

RES
    RES is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by lido
    How about a 12 cylinder northstar coupled with a Tiptronic transmission that will be nice,or a seven speed manual but for some reason I dont like the idea of a manual trans on a Cadillac,no offfense to the CTS people.
    I like the idea of a 12 cylinder & the tiptronic seven speed, or even settle for six speed (that idea would be true heaven in my book) ...I can understand your point about the manual trans in a Cadillac, but i don't mind it so much if it means keeping up with our german counter parts.

Dubya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

they cant go wrong by offering a choice, benz only has auto, so they kinda shoot themselves in the foot

hopefully the sts-v will have some decent rubber to put the power down, cts v only has 245's from the C/D article i read, what the hell?? my aurora has 235's stock! need some 285s on it! at least!

HUGE59Fins is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyGeek
    Has there been any official word or at least a quote about the engine choices beeing considered for the STS-V?
    Hopefully a nice big powerful Northstar. I would like to see a manual/auto option.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

In my C&D I got today, it said the STS-V will most likly have the same 400hp LS6 that the CTS-V has.....

still has the 3.6(?) V6 and 320hp N* with RWD or AWD, riding the Sigma platform (CTS, SRX) and more similar in size to a 7-series Bimmer then a 5 series....

It is going to take alot of getting used to... I really don't like the style of it... the DeVille is now the only front-drive Caddy... and sadly, in a few years the sweet DeVille name will be dropped and be called the DTS.....yey, what fun that will be.... Hey, check out my D-T-S, or what kind of a car do you have? oh, I have a Caddy DTS.....no thanks, I like to se nice words instead of letters, and in some cases, randomly picked....

JJhomer83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I am not a big fan of all of the caddys being called by 3 letters personally i HATE it a lot
    I want the common names back like the ELDORADO not the ETC
    what does CTS, SRX, XLR stand for anyway
    it sounds like we are getting the letters from the other car companies overseas, i guess they are trying to market to my generation but what i got to say about that is you guys suck i don' like it im 21 and my car is called an ELDORADO and not an ESC so screw you GM stop being cheap and print out the full names.
    sorry guys had to take out some frustration

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

oh man, you and me both..... I think alot of it has to do with people considering Cadillac an "old mans car" and when they hear the old names, they think that... IMO the XLR should be the Eldo, the STS should still be the Seville (what are they gonna say STS stands for? they can't say nothing, and they can't say Seville Touring Sedan, because then they just admitted to it being a Seville) the Fleetwood should be the Sixteen or whatever TOTL luxury car they want...... keep the DeVille, I mean really now.... bring back Allante, that would be neat on the CTS.... think of something for the SRX, maybe even bring back the La Sallae (sp) I wonder what they are doing with the Escalade... even though there is the EXT and ESV, I bet they will keep "Escalade" just because it has the "hip" imagine they want.....

....it is a fact though, Cadillac is selling more and getting more popular and getting more respect then they have in a LONG time.... but IMO they could have kept the names, and found REALLY good ways to market them so that they would be almost re-born into the new cars..... same with the Coupe DeVille.... there has ALWAYS been Coupe DeVilles, but '93 was the last year (yey for me)..... just MAYBE someone would want a 2 door full size luxury car? although I heard that the Coupes were only 5% or so of the market, and usually someone buying a DeVille wants to have easy access to the back seat stic.... I can understand that.... but please, bring bacck the names......

CTScop is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Being new to the Caddy game, I like the simple initials associated with the new versions. As Cadillac seems to be trying to shed some of its past image of a staid, "older person" vehicle, I feel the CTS, STS, DTS, XLR, SRX ID system is more modern.

No flame intended , I just like the new "names".

Cheers!

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I've heard that the STS and XLR V's are getting supercharged northstars with 450 - 500 horsepower.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.