So, all STS-V owners, any problems yet?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, So, all STS-V owners, any problems yet? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; So I figure many of you have put some pretty decent miles on your cars. Anyone have any problems yet? ...
    Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

So, all STS-V owners, any problems yet?

So I figure many of you have put some pretty decent miles on your cars. Anyone have any problems yet?

Just curious how they are holding up compared to the CTS-V.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SRT8/BMW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: So, all STS-V owners, any problems yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny
    So I figure many of you have put some pretty decent miles on your cars. Anyone have any problems yet?

Just curious how they are holding up compared to the CTS-V.

3000 miles...no problems so far.......

Bartlett_2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 BlackRaven STS-V

6700 miles, and occasionally the transmission downshifts very hard, as if the line pressure was extremely high, or the TC is locking or unlocking improperly. It will do it continually until I turn it off and restart it a few times. It has probably done it about 15 different times. I am planning on taking it in the next time it does it.

dslivingston is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Smile Re: So, all STS-V owners, any problems yet?

3600 miles and just perfect.

ssstealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS

Nothing mechanical... There was a screw loose inside the framework of the trunklid that would roll around when lifted and the strut brace across the engine had a huge scratch in it. This part is on indefinate backorder... I guess they need them for production.

The only other problem is just keeping the wheels clean... those massive brakes create a lot of dust. I hope this is just a break-in condition.

Good info so far. This may be my next car if GM ever puts in the paddle shift for the auto trans.

On the brake dust, there is the Hawk pads for the CTS-V that supposedly cuts way down on brake dust, they probably make them for the STS-V. Maybe contact James @ Lindsay Cadillac for info.

wesleyb200 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have 12,000 miles and have a high whine in the rear end starting at 55 to 65 MPH. Dealer will not replace the rear end and says its common for high performance Cad rear ends. May be even worse with a new rear end. Also, I have a thumping tire noise on my front run flat tires. Dealer says its typical for runflat tires. Not very good for the image of American Cars when you pay $80,000 for one.

Davidstan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I really believe my blown head gasket was isolated. Get the replacement car saturday. Have been driving the rebuilt V in the meantime and no other probs.

thefred is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    This may be my next car if GM ever puts in the paddle shift for the auto trans.
    I guess you went for it any way even without the paddle shift.....

bobs-sts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Over 13,000 miles and the only problem was a bad seal in the rear transaxle (saw a nasty leak on the garage floor!). Happened almost immediately (less than 2 weeks old). Dealer replaced the seals, fluid, installed new sensors and it has been flawless ever since. Brake dust is NOT a break-in condition - it doesn't get any better. I have a set of Hawk pads on the way. My neighbor builds and races cars, so this will probably be a weekend project in his shop. Also have a second set of rims for some snowtires on the way as well. Local Discount Tire dealer said he will match anything from TireRack, so as soon as I get them, he will pop on a set of the Advan S.4's or the Blizzak R22's. (Any feedback on winter performance of these two tires would be appreciated!)

Bob

P.S. As soon as the weather clears up a bit and I can get it cleaned up, I will post some photos.

JayS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

6500 care free and enjoyable miles.Much more fun as a daily driver than the BMW M5 I owned and much better than my wifes BMW 740i.Quality of paint and fit of body panels is excellent

Quote Originally Posted by thefred View Post
    I guess you went for it any way even without the paddle shift.....

Yeah, I had a change of mind

WillySTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

We had the right front seat passenger presence module go bad at about 1500 miles, the air bag would remain off even when an adult was sitting in the seat. Had the nav radio software upgraded last week and also had the HVAC afterblow turned on.

No other trobles but, last week I did the lube oil and filter and switched to Amsoil 0w-30, also drained the power steering fluid and put in Redline power steering fluid and lastly replaced the differential gear oil with Amsoil's new 75w-110 gear oil.

ssstealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS

Just turned 20,000 miles and all is well. Tire wear is not what I'm used to but I guess that is to be expected on these Pirelli's. I think i will go with the Goodyear Eagle F1's next time as they are reported to be fantastic in the rain.

I am still concerned about the long term reliability of such a complex engine. I bought the LT1 Fleetwood in 94 because it was a fairly simple engine design and it is sitting outside right now with 340,000 miles on it... yes original motor.

I will have to get the same service from this ride to justify the cost!!!

The interior of this car is really becoming one of my favorite parts. It is really cool NOT to have a completely plastic interior.

thefred is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by WillySTS View Post
    Had the nav radio software upgraded last week
    What is the upgrade supposed to do? And is it only for 2007s?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.