STS-V and XLR-V at the 1/4 mile Drag Strip!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, STS-V and XLR-V at the 1/4 mile Drag Strip! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; The first night of the 2006 race year, we had the STS-V, VLR-V & the XLR. It was absolutely amazing. ...
    Clintonwmills is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

STS-V and XLR-V at the 1/4 mile Drag Strip!

The first night of the 2006 race year, we had the STS-V, VLR-V & the XLR. It was absolutely amazing. Of course we had everyone going crazy about all three of the cars. To make this short both V are unbelieve. I bet no one will guess what the XLR-V ran!

STS-V 13.261 @ 104.9
    XLR-V 12.669 @ 108.96
    CTS-V 13.336 @ 105.47 (From last year same date)

People where going crazy! It was a little to cold for great traction so this time can be improved. I had wheel spin right at launch then it hooked up and was gone. The XLR-V had better traction then me. I would say the STS-V could get 13.1 easy. Beyond that I do not know. There where so many cars out there, makeing the loudest noises and they where running 13.5-16.9. Only the slick cares where really getting better. I will upload some pictures and video later.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: STS-V and XLR-V at the 1/4 mile Drag Strip!

4 Runs.

Aveage 13.361

By the way one time I took off and lost traction, then for some stupid reason it switched to 2nd gear. I ran a 16.9 because I just gave up.

http://12.153.20.151/car/sts-v.htm

I uploaded my 2nd best time because it was when i raced witht he XLR-V. It was the first race. I will try and get some video later.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Very nice times.

Pretty cool video. What kind of car was making all that noise and who was shooting the video?

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Good times. Excellant for the XLR-V. I look forward to any new times/videos you get in the future. And a big for actually taking it to the strip.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Is that all?

Kidding.

Those are impressive numbers!

BADAZGN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I am not surprised about the XLR-V. When I drove one a couple weeks ago it felt quicker than my car. (However one does not need to granny shift the XLR-V) LOL

That's sweet!

Matthew

I have more video, i will try and get them uploaded soon and i will post to let you know. Not sure, there any many cars that make that much noise at the track! But it didnt matter, cuz we beat all of them! It was amazing! We where the talk of the town.

soupero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 3.6 Launch Edition (Euro)

I wish we had dragracing strips in Europe

VELOSE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Clintonwmills
    http://12.153.20.151/car/sts-v.htm

I uploaded my 2nd best time because it was when i raced witht he XLR-V. It was the first race. I will try and get some video later.
    You can be in the high 11's with better reaction time and stickier tires. Nice job.

Green STS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Reaction time vs Elasped time

Quote Originally Posted by VELOSE
    You can be in the high 11's with better reaction time and stickier tires. Nice job.
    NOT TRUE !

Reaction time has absolutely no relationship at all with the E/T or the speed at the end of the quarter mile.
    Reaction time only helps to determine who wins the race.

i e Both cars have identical elasped times, but the driver with the quicker reaction time will win, correct?

You will notice that each side is timed seperately.

He needs to have more power and better traction. Both will help his 60 foot time and elasped time.
    R/T means nothing by itself in improving either. R/T only helps in winning a race.

Green STS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clintonwmills
    4 Runs.

Average 13.361

By the way, one time I took off and lost traction, [and] then for some stupid reason, it switched to 2nd gear.
    I ran a 16.9 because I just gave up.

I have never been able to determine why your first run right off the street seems to almost always be your best run?

Concerning that one time that your STS-V upshifted on you?
    Isn't there some way to hold or lock the transmission is first gear via the shift lever?
    Your car upshifted because its' computer had determined that the engine had reached the
    RPM point where an upshift must occur or the motor would hit the rev limiter, correct?

Those 13.2XX times are about right according to most all the magazine tests I've read.
    With practice and given better conditions, I would think that you could get your averages very close to 13 flat.
    Good luck!

Also, the differences between the STS-V and the XLR-V are just about
    correct given the approximately 500 pound differences in curb weight.

Seattle CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V (sold)

Amazing times! It's great to see the V series getting more and more exposure. I guess the 'sleeper' Caddys aren't going to be as much of a secret anymore in your town!

chevelle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

With the supercharged STS-V and XLR-V the first run is likely to be the quickest because the intercooler circuit for the supercharger charge cooler will slowly heat up and will not cool down sufficiently with back-to-back passes. One of the keys to keeping the supercharged engine output at maximum is to keep the charge cooler as cool as possible. At speed, the air flow over the intercooler heat exchanger does an excellent job. At the strip and around town the intercooler heat exchanger (that radiator for the intercooler circuit that is in front of the radiator itself) soaks up heat and needs to be cooled.

An extremely effective means of doing this is to score a salvage windshield washer bottle with an electric pump in it. Mount the bottle and put a switch so that you can activate it when wanted. Route the hose from the bottle to the intercooler heat exchanger and spray the heat exchanger with some windshield washer nozzles or a fabricated spray bar. Use windshield washer fluid in the system as it won't freeze in cold weather and it cools better due to the high methanol content in most windshield washer fluids. Most dragstrips frown upon you putting moisture onto the strip so you might want to consider whether to use it on the strip or not....but....coming down the return road you can hose down the intercooler heat exchanger and really cool it down for the next run. Depending on how well your sprayers work you can probably use it on the dragstrip with little concern if you activate it after first gear when the car speed is up. The intercooler heat exchanger system has enough thermal inertia that the spray bar isn't the sort of thing that gives any instant HP...it just keeps the intercooler system cooler for longer and is really most effective at cooling it down after a run. Works great. Believe me.

If you really want to get fancy and work more at it put ice water in the bottle before each run.....LOL.

NORRISK66 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

what altitude is this track at?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.