Cadillac Owners Forum banner
196K views 357 replies 154 participants last post by  gogmgo 
#1 ·
What options? How was the dealer experience?

Post pics too.

#237 ·
yeah I've seen those numbers. I'm in NC right now and I was looking for a STS-V, preferably 2008+, but wasn't expecting to find an 09 less than 2 hours away. really sweetened the deal. I want to do you one better and say that of the 92 left that weren't exported, 2 were sold to canadians. SO 90 sold in the states. I believe I saw that info somewhere on one of these forums.

#239 ·
Re: STS-V owners, check in!

going to get my 06 sts-v in two days so excited about picking it up had it narrowed down to 04-07 cts-v or sts-v just couldn't find any sts's around then one popped up on autotrader got for 18800 with 80k black raven with black interior cant wait to drive it home!! anybody have any d3 stage 2 intake or the tuner module called them but said they were both on back order!!

#240 ·
06 Black Raven with two-tone red/grey int. and sunroof. Stage 1 and 2 Spectre intake, gutted cats, custom Magnaflow exhaust, upgraded drilled/slotted rotors, hawk racing pads. I now have 103k easy (yeah right) miles on the clock...was my daily driver up to a year ago! GREAT CAR!

#241 · (Edited)

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2008 STS-V which my wife and I bought in December of 08. It was a GM Executive car and had 19K miles on it when we purchased it. I rarely drive it and neither does my wife. Seems like every time I set down in it I learn something new about it. One thing I do know for sure about it is it is wicked fast. I don't know much about all the electronic gadgets on it or how they work, but I do know when you nail the gas pedal it will pin you to the seat. A hoot to drive!!!! Oh, I wanted to add it has the red and black interior. A person before us walked away from it because it didn't have solid black interior. It was perfect for us.

SugsPa

#243 ·

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2008 STS-V which my wife and I bought in December of 08. It was a GM Executive car and had 19K miles on it when we purchased it. I rarely drive it and neither does my wife. Seems like every time I set down in it I learn something new about it. One thing I do know for sure about it is it is wicked fast. I don't know much about all the electronic gadgets on it or how they work, but I do know when you nail the gas pedal it will pin you to the seat. A hoot to drive!!!! Oh, I wanted to add it has the red and black interior. A person before us walked away from it because it didn't have solid black interior. It was perfect for us.

SugsPa
Hello SugsPa and welcome to the forum! This is a great way to interact with other Cadillac owners and lovers. Glad to know this vehicle is perfect for you and your wife. I bet the V is a hoot to drive! Continue to enjoy :)

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

#248 ·
I purchased a 2006 STS-V earlier this year. It is a second car for me and not a daily driver. Garage kept. I recently had an issue and I'm looking for some guidance as I dig into my first situation with the car. Radio and Navigation went down and four days later battery is dead. My first plan is a jump start to confirm battery dead and then to replace battery. Is this a bad decision for a rookie mechanic?

#254 ·
Hello everyone!

Last night I became the proud owner of a Black 2006 STS-V (Raven Black I believe it is). Damn fast car I have to say. Once I get some pics of it I'll add them. Glad I found this spot. Also have a Black 2004 GTO M6 with red leather. It has 83k miles on it and was $21k to buy. Looking forward to learning more about the car and the forum.

Thanks!
Shad

#257 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!

I bought, a long time ago, a 2007 Cadillac STS-V and the wheels are original but, instead of chrome/silver, they are darker in color (like graphite but a bit lighter). Also the wheel center cap isn't black as the other 2007-09 models but the same color as the wheel with the colored emblem. Does anyone here have any information about it? I'm just curious about it because I haven't seen another STS-V with rims like this. Are they graphite wheels? (I wish). Thank you in advance for your quick response.

Regards,
George

#262 ·
Couple of things about that. I've read about the hood thing and how it's a recall on Europe cars only which is kind of bs but whatever. What about people who take the car onto a track?? The us car is not limited at 149. I wonder when they learned of this issue and if it was remedied in later years on even US models straight from the factory.

I've also read that the us model is limited at 155 and the export at 175 (249 and 256 km/h respectively) but I've 100% absolutely gone to 156 on mine. Is it one of those things where it'll go 1 or 2 over but stick right around 155? Speed was indicated by HUD and the speedometer.

I've been up at these speeds a couple of times and needless to say I haven't lost my hood but it does make me a little nervous to think I might.

#263 ·
Realistically, it only happens if you drive for a distance at that speed - not brief spurts to touch 155. I agree that it is BS because they are the same hoods - except that the speeds are not. You also may be right about the export model not being limited but mine was a US model so it was capped. And yes the actual speed can oscillate a bit. On my 2013 CTS-V, which is a European model, it does say that it is limited to 275 km/h (175 in funny money) but I got it up to 308 km/h in Germany which is basically the top speed of the manual at 191/192.

#267 ·
I have just bought a 2006 v. I had owned a 2008 V and thought about buying it back from friend I sold it to. It was a GM executive car I bought it in 2009. It had funny paint markings on several different locations. I'm still not sure what this was about. I bought it in MO. I could not justify buying it back because it still only has 25,000 miles on it. There was a 2009 V at the dealer that I could have bought right also. It was another exect car with 70 miles. It was 50 grand. I sold the 2008 to buy a Bentley. My 2006 STS platinum car was recently Totaled so I replaced it with the 2006 V. The car I just bought has several problems but I will soon have it right. This will be my driver.