Tell us about your STS-V! - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Tell us about your STS-V! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by inurok As far as I know NO 06 has ventilated seats. Personally it seems like a gimmicky ...
    90lxracer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Re: Tell us about your STS-V!

Quote Originally Posted by inurok View Post
    As far as I know NO 06 has ventilated seats. Personally it seems like a gimmicky feature to me. My BMW 745i had them and I honestly did not notice a huge difference with them on or off. You are luck to have the red/black interior i wanted so bad but could not find one in my area.
    Yeah, I wasn't sure about it, but once I saw it in person I was all about the red inserts. There were a couple silver ones, 1 had the black, the other with the black/red. I look at the one I have cause it had less miles and was less expensive. So score twice!

Good info on the seats, what about adaptive cruise? Could you get a V car with that?

Ben.Peterson is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 90lxracer View Post
    Good info on the seats, what about adaptive cruise? Could you get a V car with that?
    Congrads on the purchase! I had nearly an identical deal about 2 months ago.. bought an 06 black with black/tango interior.. with 14,500 miles.. lol...

Unless i'm mistaken they released the ACC in 07 on the v's (along with HUD i believe)... Somebody please correct me if i'm wrong

Lets see some pics! Here's mine from last weekend (car show in scottsdale az):

55cadillacking is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V (Light Platinum/Tango) *SOLD*

I will never grow tired at looking at these beautiful machines!

inurok is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V Black/Black

Even with Zero mods the car still looks good. I just installed clear tails on mine & I love them.

I know it needs a wash. I will detail it when I get it back from the dealer again.

Kim'sSTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V

I am going to pick up my 2009 STS-V in about one hour. I traded in my 2006 STS for this STS-V. The color is a Thunder Grey. I am so excited.

harrysstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS V and 2012 CTS V Sedan BD Corsa

Quote Originally Posted by Kim'sSTS-V View Post
    I am going to pick up my 2009 STS-V in about one hour. I traded in my 2006 STS for this STS-V. The color is a Thunder Grey. I am so excited.
    Kim, congratulation to your new V.

I`ve traded my 07 STS, which I only had for one year for an brand new STS V and I love this car

Thunder Gray is good choice, my 04 XLR is Thunder Gray.

Harry (from Germany)

vapnut is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum so I thought this would be a good place to introduce myself. I'm a "good 'ol boy" from Suffolk Virgina, (used to be the peanut capitol of the world) hence my username vapnut. I inherited my 2008 platinum STS V from a friend. He bought it from Dukes Oldsmobile/Cadillac in Suffolk VA last June. He wanted one that was fully loaded with every option they could put on it, so they found one in NJ and had it delivered. When the car was ready at the dealership, he asked me if I would go with him to the "orientation" of the vehicle because when he died he was leaving me his car. The last new vehicle I ever owned was a 1978 Ford E150 van, which I still use today.I also own a 1985 Oldsmobile cutlass ciera with only 60k origional miles (I don't drive much) Every time I had to take my friend to the hospital he would tell me how much I was going to enjoy his new car, which is not what I wanted to hear at that time. He parked the car at his home and being in very bad health, he drove it very little. (it only had 800 miles on it when I got it)Sadly, my friend passed away in December and I inherited his new car that has barely been driven. Now I have to take the time to learn about it which brings me to this forum.

I, like everyone else, seem to have a problem with the voice recognition system. To me it is worthless until GM can find another voice recognition program vendor.

I also noticed recently the LDW (Lane Departure Warning) stopped working. It shows up on the dash momentarily at start up, but is not functional when rolling. It also cannot be enabled from the congiguration menu. (Blacked out) Its due for it's first state inspection this month so I will ask the dealer to check it out.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a custom cover for this car that will be kept outside? There seems to be so many to choose from. When I learn how to post pictures here I will. Again, greetings from Suffolk VA and I would like to dedicate my first post here in honor of my dear departed friend that was a really classy guy.

In Memory: GHM 1947 - 2008

06stsv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts v

How do you post picture! I have no clue, lol?

Quote Originally Posted by 06stsv View Post
    How do you post picture! I have no clue, lol?

Well first you have to find a website to host the file like www.photobucket.com its free to join and works great! Once you have your pictures uploaded to that site its simple to post them here.

freshchops is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac '06 STS-V, Blk/Blk

Hey again,

I've been around for a while. Lost my beloved '05 STS to a total loss accident. After a ton of shopping to replace it, the V-series kept looking better and better..... I couldn't resist. I got an '06 STS-V, Black on Black (16k miles). It made it here before my "welcome packet" so I'm stuck looking at it, unable to register yet. So... what better to do than snap pictures?!?

I've restrained from getting ecstatic (yet), not being able to (legally) take it out on the road.... it's killing me, but I'm boiling on the inside.

.... pardon the lack of angles or variety of pics, but didn't have much walk around room to play with. I guess all the pics look similar, but heck, it looks so good at all angles, I couldn't just pick one..... could you?!!

----

----

----

----

-----

dhemrick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS

Congrats, freshchops! I know how excited you are. I've had my V for 2 years and the excitement never goes away. You will LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this car. It's so much fun to drive! I know... I'm just making it worse....

55cadillacking is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V (Light Platinum/Tango) *SOLD*

Yup, fun to drive, fun to wash, fun to stare at, fun to....

Karlis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Cool Re: Tell us about your STS-V!

Hello everyone. It's been a while since I posted anything ( March 07 ) so here it goes. Finally got my STS V back from D3 on July 4th 2008. I have had it a year and have been able to test it a bit. Some of the mods are; Custom Pistons, rods, and main bearings, custom headers and corsa exhaust, Custom pully and S/C mods, Meth injection ( to cool things down ) Cold air intake, Custom carbon fiber vents ( side panel ), Custom torque converter to handle the 630 ft\lbs. of torque ( 610 hp ), 6 caliber on front 4 on rear crossed and drilled ( brakes ), Custom Rims by Forgeline, Dynamat in the doors, Headliner, post, and sunvisors are now leather and last but not least all the tuning by D3. The problems I've had are minimal, had to drill in the tire sensors to the inside of the rims. They had used an overgrown clamp to attach them to the rim. A few burn outs and they we're toast. A few hiccups with the ECM but by disconnecting the battery it reset fine. The sifting in compt. mode is good as long as you are driving flat out but city driving will get a few slams from the tranny. The traction control is useless. Anything over 50 and it engages so I just turn it off first thing. Have hit the rev limiter and really shuts things down better than a blown engine. Took it from Houston to San Antonio in 100F heat averaged 20 mpg at 70 mph. The methanol really works but at that temp. the engine sucks it down ( carry a gallon in the trunk ).
    Top speed so far is 160 mph on FM 2917 south of Alvin. Unofficial 12.8 in 1/4 also on 2917 in 90F heat. I plan on taking it to Houston Raceway in the fall on a cool Fall evening. I think I can run in the low 12s with a trap close to 120 mph. The car pulls like a freight train, even at 120 mph your still stuck to your seat. The sound coming out the pipes and the whine of the S/C are sublime. The car sounds like NASCAR from afar. I pity the poor fool who is behind me at a light when I engage warp drive. D3 shot a video of the car that is on you tube, search D3 sts v walk around.

^ WoW!!! That car sounds amazing!! Post some pics when you can..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.