Tell us about your STS-V! - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Tell us about your STS-V! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hello everyone. I just picked up my blk/blk '06. I love this car. I Paid $30,500 + ttl on this ...
    paranoid1123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 c6 MN6 '06 STS-V

Re: Tell us about your STS-V!

Hello everyone. I just picked up my blk/blk '06. I love this car. I Paid $30,500 + ttl on this car with only 25,000, Plus the dealer put new tires on the car before he closed the deal. The only problems I've Found so far is the ashtray won't open and every time i use the blutooth to make a call i get a really loud buzz like a fire alarm right before the call starts to dial. if it make any difference Im using a 3g iPhone.

silverws6ta is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 STS-V; '10 STS 1SG; '08 Escalade, '08 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid1123 View Post
    Hello everyone. I just picked up my blk/blk '06. I love this car. I Paid $30,500 + ttl on this car with only 25,000, Plus the dealer put new tires on the car before he closed the deal. The only problems I've Found so far is the ashtray won't open and every time i use the blutooth to make a call i get a really loud buzz like a fire alarm right before the call starts to dial. if it make any difference Im using a 3g iPhone.
    Congrats!

Ashtray = Warranty Repair.. I don't even consider that an ashtray with felt in it though.. more likely a change holder

There is a TSB for the NAV/Voice Recognition software; I just had it completed recently on my car (first one my dealer had done and had to order the firmware upgrade CD's) that should square away any Bluetooth issues and help the VR.. I've only driven mine home since having the updates done but played around with it while in the garage and was pleased.

paranoid1123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 c6 MN6 '06 STS-V

Thanks the voice req. is fine its' just the bluetooth. If I dial a number then push send there is this loud buzz right before it dials, then its fine. I wouldn't think it is a normal sound but it happens every-time, like it is a design flaw.

also I don't care about the ashtray but I would like to use the 12v

AllGoNShow is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Cadillac STS V6

Ashtray is definatly warranty, make sure it works properly too. When I bought mine both front and rear ashtrays did not work, they replaced the front ashtray (thats how I found out it was an ashtray and how i figured out the rear was an ashtray) then abotu 2 weeks after my front one broke again.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Congrats on the good buy! You have the fastest color!!!

Dr. D

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid1123 View Post

Ben.Peterson is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Hello Everybody.. I just picked up my first V on saturday... 06 with 13k... black raven with the black/red interior.... All i can say is WOW, the wife and i decided we needed another vehicle, but from going from our lifted 03 chevy 1/2 ton 5.3l to this bad boy is stepping into another world. I like the forum, seems like LOTS of good info. Thanks to everybody for providing that!

Just wanted to say hi

dhemrick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS

Welcome to the group, Ben! You and I have the same taste in vehicles. I have a lifted Chevy 1/2 ton (2001 though) and an 06 STS-V black with black/red interior (the fastest color combination)

The fun thing is if you go back and drive your Chevy for a few days, you get back into the V and it feels even sweeter than before. It is truly the only car I have ever owned that I never get tired of and that seems to get better and better every time I drive it.

Congrats on your purchase! You'll be enjoying this car for a long time.

Ben.Peterson is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by dhemrick View Post
    Welcome to the group, Ben! You and I have the same taste in vehicles. I have a lifted Chevy 1/2 ton (2001 though) and an 06 STS-V black with black/red interior (the fastest color combination)

The fun thing is if you go back and drive your Chevy for a few days, you get back into the V and it feels even sweeter than before. It is truly the only car I have ever owned that I never get tired of and that seems to get better and better every time I drive it.

Congrats on your purchase! You'll be enjoying this car for a long time.
    LOL.. what are the chances of that? I do have to say it's a nice combo.. i might also mention that my truck is all blacked out... well not smoked tail/headlights or anything.. but black wheels . Thanks for the welcome.. i'm hoping i'll be able to add my 2c to the forum.. that is after i figure more out about this car. I keep telling my wife i'm going to forget to use the brights, leave the keys in it and forget to lock my truck now that i'm getting used to this car LOL... Dang thing is too smart for MY own good.

I'm looking to upgrade the car sometime in the near future.. looking at doing the following (not for sure in this order)
    Intake/Exhaust
    Wheels/tires
    Lowering springs

I'm not sure if i can run the 1.5 drop and still tuck 22's all around.. if not i'll probably just go with a 19-20 combo... i'm not sure how black wheels will look if they are not as big as possible.. lol. Any mods done to your STS-V?

dhemrick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS

Well, we differ there at least. My truck is bright red with a good amount of chrome and tinted windows. One of my friends refers to it as a "showboat".

I tend to gravitate toward red vehicles, or at least vehicles with red on them somewhere. I was already leaning toward something like the STS-V as I wanted a really powerful American luxury car (preferably a GM), but the original model CTS-V was too small for me and I wasn't so keen on the interior. When I saw you could get the larger, more luxurious, and better looking STS-V with red interior, I was in love. It was like Cadillac came up with this car exactly for me. I had one of those "Oh yes.... it will be mine." moments.

The only non-stock modifications to my car are tinted windows and chromed factory wheels (the original dealer took the painted factory wheels and has them stripped and chromed).

I am very pleased with the way my STS-V is right now, so I highly doubt I will make any further modifications to it. I'm not so much into lowering and installation of non-factory wheels on such a high end car, but I certainly don't fault those who are.

I may go for the upgraded ECM, though, as all the discussion about more low end power and driveability has gotten me intrigued.

kampfire1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V

Hello everyone, I just picked up an 06 raven black/black V with 13,000 on it. WOW this sure is a better ride that my 740iL! Great forum, look forward to sharing.

inurok is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V Black/Black

I just bought a 2006 STS-V Black/Black & wow does it move!!! I traded in a BMW 745i Sport for this car. The BMW handles better and has a better sound system but the power from the STS-V more than makes up for it.

Richard Stewart is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS V

HI
    I have a 2007 sts-v.
    I love the car.
    I am having a problem with the front tires cupping. The noise is so loud on some roads you can not hear the radio.
    The first set was the orginal Pirelli run flat, They were noisey at 4500 miles and we put up with them until 15,000. I replaced them with Dunlap road racers. At 4000 miles they are as bad as the Pirelli.
    I met a 2006 sts v owner and he is having the same problem within 15,000 miles and two sets of tires.
    We both have had 3 alignments at $100.00 each.
    Maybe Cadillac needs to address this.
    Has anyone else had the same problem?
    Otherwise i love the car

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Stewart View Post
    HI
    I have a 2007 sts-v.
    I love the car.
    I am having a problem with the front tires cupping. The noise is so loud on some roads you can not hear the radio.
    The first set was the orginal Pirelli run flat, They were noisey at 4500 miles and we put up with them until 15,000. I replaced them with Dunlap road racers. At 4000 miles they are as bad as the Pirelli.
    I met a 2006 sts v owner and he is having the same problem within 15,000 miles and two sets of tires.
    We both have had 3 alignments at $100.00 each.
    Maybe Cadillac needs to address this.
    Has anyone else had the same problem?
    Otherwise i love the car

Greetings Richard to the forums. I believe you are the gentleman I met at the dealership Friday. You might look through this thread, there's some info about tires, wear,alignments,etc.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...new-tires.html

90lxracer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Hey all-
    I just joined the STS-V family. I now have an '06 V car, it's silver, with the black/red interior combo. Got with 15,000 miles on it. So far so good, it's super fun! I would say super fast, but I'm a little biased when it comes to that. I have a mustang that runs in the low 8's in the 1/4. But for a street car, it pretty slick!

I have a question though.. How common or uncommon are ventilated seats? Mine doesn't have them, it would have been nice, but not a deal breaker..

Where can I get info on putting in a back up camera?

Where is a good place to get some nice cross drilled rotors for the car?

inurok is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V Black/Black

Quote Originally Posted by 90lxracer View Post
    Hey all-
    I just joined the STS-V family. I now have an '06 V car, it's silver, with the black/red interior combo. Got with 15,000 miles on it. So far so good, it's super fun! I would say super fast, but I'm a little biased when it comes to that. I have a mustang that runs in the low 8's in the 1/4. But for a street car, it pretty slick!

I have a question though.. How common or uncommon are ventilated seats? Mine doesn't have them, it would have been nice, but not a deal breaker..

Where can I get info on putting in a back up camera?

Where is a good place to get some nice cross drilled rotors for the car?
    As far as I know NO 06 has ventilated seats. Personally it seems like a gimmicky feature to me. My BMW 745i had them and I honestly did not notice a huge difference with them on or off. You are luck to have the red/black interior i wanted so bad but could not find one in my area.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.